Author Topic: The official new head coach bio/info thread of hope/change/dreams  (Read 151575 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The official new head coach bio/info thread of hope/change/dreams
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »
You motherfuckers have me all excited for BV as a HCIW next year even though I know better, I'm so pissed at all of you. And panjan stop acting like Currie not hiring someone with HC experience is some small thing he's just going to ignore this time, he's 8 for 8 hiring with HC experience, he doesn't strike me as one to deviate from his plans on the biggest decision of his life.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »
@blackcats what do we need to do to get BV to be the next coach at KSU? nothing is off the table.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2015, 03:51:59 PM »
You motherfuckers have me all excited for BV as a HCIW next year even though I know better, I'm so pissed at all of you. And panjan stop acting like Currie not hiring someone with HC experience is some small thing he's just going to ignore this time, he's 8 for 8 hiring with HC experience, he doesn't strike me as one to deviate from his plans on the biggest decision of his life.
Yeah I agree with this. :( I want to dream though

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »
John Currie didn't have head AD experience when he was hired as Athletics Director.

Maybe he's had an epiphany.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
BV now has experience at THREE outstanding programs. We'd be so, so stupid to hire any Joe Schmoe over him.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »
Save for a handful of elites, what other school would not an alum and former assistant like BV be a slam dunk for the job? It's so rough ridin' obvious, Currie should have no choice.
It would also give Currie cover, which should give the bastid some comfort. It's a popular pick with (most) fans as well as a sound selection. The only down side for Currie is that it doesn't let him look like some kind of talent selection genius, which is why he probably won't do it.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
Plus he's a KANSAS GUY!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »

I don't think he will be HCIW, but i guess a sizable contingent of donors want BV, and if they get really vocal, will Currie have much of a choice when the time comes, assuming he is available?

I mean he probably lost some of their confidence with oscar, so they may get a little more vocal this time around.  He probably had some cover on oscar because a lot of the big money wanted an anti-Frank regarding behavior and demeanor, or so I was told.  But I guess BV has the support of a lot of big money, but again, that's what I was told.

Currie still has tens of millions to raise between BSFS and Bramlage.  Matt Wells isn't going to get that done. Dan Enos won't get that done.  SEC schools won't hire a guy that shoots par on that kind of hire.

And we'd be naive to assume that big money will be okay with someone that's never coached for Bill.

Venables is the best name we could reasonably expect for a school with our history, challenges, and budget.  To assume that Currie will follow the same process as non-revenue sports and undershoot the hire to follow a pattern that's produced average results, to me, assumes he has no intention of moving on from here.  Because hiring these bland names thrown out won't get him a bigger gig.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
And let's be fair...you can hire Jeff Mitte and not draw ire because a small minority cares about what we do in women's basketball. 

If we hire Dan Enos or Matt Wells, the media reaction will be, "That's what Kansas State can do.  Solid hire."  Fan reaction will be disappointed to mad.  Donors will be pissed, and Currie would lose whatever support he has left.

If we hire Venables, the universal reaction would be, "Perfect hire.  Best guy they could reasonably expect to get."  Fans would be excited and people would donate, buy tickets.

I don't think Currie is tone deaf to that.  He wanted basketball to be less of a pain to him because what he was hearing from the money was, "Get a guy that swears less."  In football, it will be, "Get someone that's coached for Bill and can win games."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:59:13 PM by Panjandrum »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
I want you to be right so rough ridin' bad.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 22, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
Venables, if he could get him, really would be the best possible hire ever for Currie. Everybody in the fan base wants him and nobody would blame Currie if it didn't work out.

This hire tells us whether we are a "football school" or not.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »

And we'd be naive to assume that big money will be okay with someone that's never coached for Bill.

This. There is no way on this earth Currie is hiring Sean. The easy answer is go after the best of Snyder's coaching tree.

Stoops (any) and Patterson are non starters. Levitt and Mangino are not viable for HC duties. Beilma no. Did I miss anyone? So then you have to look at the next level. Venzy is basically making more than any HC outside of the P5s and some in. Hell, he makes more than KUs coach. And for good reason. Which makes it a little easier to bend the head coach rule.

Brent makes Currie's job easy. He satisfies the inexplicably large contingent that want to cryogenically freeze Snyder or pay for a head transplant. He silences the "give Sean a try" crowd because he will have Snyder's blessing. And while many townies know about Brent's transgressions, 95% of donors don't know or care what happened and the unsuspecting cuckold is dead, so he can't beat a drum against him.

You want BV? Reinforce this to every booster you know that can bend Currie's ear.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »
:emawkid:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
I think we're convincing ourselves, but I don't think that prick Currie wants us to have good things. Source, the Weber hire.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 22, 2015, 05:59:28 PM »
I don't think Bill will retire this year and venzy will get a cusa job or something

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:40 PM »
I think we're convincing ourselves, but I don't think that prick Currie wants us to have good things. Source, the Weber hire.
You should read this thread

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2015, 06:13:14 PM »
I don't think Bill will retire this year and venzy will get a cusa job or something

Bill is not retiring this year. He's going nowhere until he has 200 wins. Brent isn't going to take a pay cut to coach a cusa team.

Look, I don't know if we'll get Venzy. It won't be this year, it will be next...probably. Find the schools that pay $2.5M a year and those are the ones that can afford him. Who so far this year can afford him? A handful of teams? If he stays at Clem, he's ours.
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 22, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »
Blackcats, if he doesn't get the job I'm going to blame you any you'll need to search for your @ in the real life fighting you thread. You've got me way too hype for this.

Also I really don't get the 200 wins thing, its arbitrary and he's already in the hof. The only coach he's going to pass on the all time wins list is Drinkel.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 22, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »
Blackcats, if he doesn't get the job I'm going to blame you any you'll need to search for your @ in the real life fighting you thread. You've got me way too hype for this.

Also I really don't get the 200 wins thing, its arbitrary and he's already in the hof. The only coach he's going to pass on the all time wins list is Drinkel.

He set himself a goal and he's going to see it through.

And careful what you wish for.  :rolleyes:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 22, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
More like blackbelts, amirite?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 22, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »
I want a coach that wants to be here.  And Venzy wants to be here.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 22, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »

The Venzy Kool aid is like moonshine, and once you drink it, you're just wasted on it forever.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 22, 2015, 08:33:27 PM »
Guys, Currie would have to be a rough ridin' idiot to not hire the top DC of the current top Football program in the nation.  Not only that, he was a coach on three different Football programs that were ranked #1 in the nation at least once in the past.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
I question his desire to coach at KSU

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 22, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but Brent would bring together the entire fanbase. Powertards, Goemawtards, and the rest will all be happy with him. That's got to mean something. Calm waters, man.