Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980782 times)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #25325 on: March 23, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »
There is nothing anyone can tell me that would make me want the BE over the MW

Basketball tourney in Las Vegas  :love:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25326 on: March 23, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
Bob Fescoe ?@bobfescoe  4h
Just interviewed Gov Sam Brownback. Told me if Big 12 folded #KUBBALL was going to the big east and #emaw was Mtn West bound

:surprised:

Brownback def knows sports

:lol: This didn't get the attention it deserves.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #25327 on: March 23, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
JFC Brownback, STFU and keep ruining the state education system.

Send this crap to the PIT you horrible hypocritical monkey crap mods
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25328 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:42 PM »

JFC Brownback, STFU and keep ruining the state education system.

Send this crap to the PIT you horrible hypocritical monkey crap mods

Whoa

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25329 on: March 23, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
 Look up the stadium sizes of these MW teams and tell me it doesn't scream small time loserville.

I would have rather played in the MW.

KSU
ISU
KU
TCU
TT
oSu?
CSU
WYO
UNM
NMST
Boise?
Nevada
Utah State

would have been decent.

Not really. OSU would have gone to the Pac 12. Same with TT probably.

That conference would have wreaked of mediocrity.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25330 on: March 24, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »
and the big east was known for packing the house?

like what bro??

Look up the stadium sizes of these MW teams and tell me it doesn't scream small time loserville.

I would have rather played in the MW.

KSU
ISU
KU
TCU
TT
oSu?
CSU
WYO
UNM
NMST
Boise?
Nevada
Utah State

would have been decent.

Not really. OSU would have gone to the Pac 12. Same with TT probably.

That conference would have wreaked of mediocrity.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25331 on: March 24, 2014, 12:28:15 AM »
Bob is a huge butthurt loser. Of course he twitted that. His wife screws high school kids for god sakes. I'm not even gE'ing either.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:36:02 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25332 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
I think there's a decent chance that if the Big 12 leftovers started a new conference, cherry picking the best from the MWC and BE and frankly whoever else was not in a "BCS" conference, you would be left with a solid conference. A conference that would have a decent chance to put an undefeated team in the playoffs. That's something KSU has to do anyway to get in.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25333 on: March 24, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
I think there's a decent chance that if the Big 12 leftovers started a new conference, cherry picking the best from the MWC and BE and frankly whoever else was not in a "BCS" conference, you would be left with a solid conference. A conference that would have a decent chance to put an undefeated team in the playoffs. That's something KSU has to do anyway to get in.
What teams would be in this new conference?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25334 on: March 24, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
Bob Fescoe ?@bobfescoe  4h
Just interviewed Gov Sam Brownback. Told me if Big 12 folded #KUBBALL was going to the big east and #emaw was Mtn West bound

:surprised:

You mean the same Big East that doesn't have any FBS teams? The same Big East that had all of it's basketball teams bounced in the round of 32? Sounds like a perfect fit for the Hawks

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25335 on: March 24, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
Maybe MU still gets the invite to SEC, but at that time:

BU
TCU
KSU
KU
MU
ISU
WVU
BSU
Louisville
Maybe BYU or some other.

A league better than any current mid majors, but below the power conferences. I think an undefeated from that league would go to the playoffs assuming some respectable OOC games got scheduled throughout the league.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25336 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:53 PM »

BU
TCU
KSU
KU
MU
ISU
WVU
BSU
Louisville
Maybe BYU or some other.

A league better than any current mid majors, but below the power conferences. I think an undefeated from that league would go to the playoffs assuming some respectable OOC games got scheduled throughout the league.
Nothing to write home about, but would still be no. 5 of the power conferences.  Mainly because there would be no Big XII.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25337 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »
Also, while we're talking about power conferences, I think that the AAC and MWC should merge.  They could name it the American East-West Conference.  The AAC could play each other in the east and the MWC could play each other in the west.  The OCC games could be against each other, so the total number of games would equal 12.  This would up their strength of schedule, so when they play the CCG the top east division vs. the top west division team could qualify for the College Playoff Championship.   Basically the 6th top team or better.  If it was an 8 team playoff, it would almost be a guarantee to get in. 

What to you guys think of this idea?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25338 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »

BU
TCU
KSU
KU
MU
ISU
WVU
BSU
Louisville
Maybe BYU or some other.

Nothing to write home about, but would still be no. 5 of the power conferences.  Mainly because there would be no Big XII.
right, it's not spectacular by any means, but if that theoretical conference played respectable non cons and spit out an undefeated team, that team would have a good shot at the playoffs. Which is exactly what we have to do now but with a tougher schedule.....not to say I'd rather be in that theoretical conference our anything tho.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #25339 on: March 24, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »
MWC is better than BE/AAC.  Would take in this contrived scenario invented by butt hurt blue tail feathers bob
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25340 on: March 25, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
Lots of Schulz quotes

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24483893/acc-supports-deregulation-of-conference-championship-games-would-change-postseason-structure

If we implement some sort of conference championship with only 10 teams would be bad for us imo. Sounds like The Animal isn't going to accept that though.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25341 on: March 25, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »
Also, while we're talking about power conferences, I think that the AAC and MWC should merge.  They could name it the American East-West Conference.  The AAC could play each other in the east and the MWC could play each other in the west.  The OCC games could be against each other, so the total number of games would equal 12.  This would up their strength of schedule, so when they play the CCG the top east division vs. the top west division team could qualify for the College Playoff Championship.   Basically the 6th top team or better.  If it was an 8 team playoff, it would almost be a guarantee to get in. 

What to you guys think of this idea?

Back when Boise and SDSU were going BE and before CUSA invited all the Sun Belt teams the MW and CUSA talked about this.  The AAC now is basically was the CUSA was at the time.

I know some young, rich Tulsa boosters (children of a big Tulsa booster who died in his 60s) were in the ear of the Tulsa Pres and AD to push this hard.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:18:42 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25342 on: March 25, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
Since neither one of these conferences could get a team in on their own, I think the combination of the two would be their best bet.

catzacker

« Reply #25343 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:11 AM »
Bob is a huge butthurt loser. Of course he twitted that. His wife screws high school kids for god sakes. I'm not even gE'ing either.

:Wha:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25344 on: April 22, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »
So.  Cult Aggie and MethU run crying like little girls from the Big 12, because Texas is going to get their own network and make all this extra money that they're not going to share.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--alabama-is-set-to-sign--150-million-multimedia-rights-deal-152941126.html

Welp, looks like Bama's got their own new deal, and it pays just as much as what the Texas athletic department is going to keep out of the annual Longhorn Network payout.

Both schools are in a conference where there's still a huge revenue gap from top to bottom.   Alabama was only surpassed by a couple of schools in total athletic revenue, and with this deal, the SEC network etc. etc. they'll push past the $160 million mark easily.   While MethU and Cult Aggie will be around the $90 to $100 million mark.   

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:08:40 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #25345 on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »
So.  Cult Aggie and MethU run crying like little girls from the Big 12, because Texas is going to get their own network and make all this extra money that they're not going to share.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--alabama-is-set-to-sign--150-million-multimedia-rights-deal-152941126.html

Welp, looks like Bama's got their own new deal, and it pays just as much as what the Texas athletic department is going to keep out of the annual Longhorn Network payout.

Both schools are in a conference where there's still a huge revenue gap from top to bottom.   Alabama was only surpassed by a couple of schools in total athletic revenue, and with this deal, the SEC network etc. etc. they'll push past the $160 million mark easily.   While MethU and Cult Aggie will be around the $90 to $100 million mark.

I wonder what Tigerboard has to say about this. All they talk about is how "Bevo" and the LHN ruined the conference.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #25346 on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »

BU
TCU
KSU
KU
MU
ISU
WVU
BSU
Louisville
Maybe BYU or some other.

That conference would be better than the Big 10 in football.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25347 on: April 22, 2014, 06:45:11 PM »
Only in the bottom third.  Same-ish in the middle, worse at the very top.  It would be poor as crap too. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25348 on: April 28, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
We're at least calling LSU today, right.  :dunno:
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #25349 on: April 28, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
We're at least calling LSU today, right.  :dunno:

I highly, highly, highly doubt LSU ever leaves, but you have to think, at some point, their discontent and dissatisfaction at how some things are going could lead to them at least having casual drinks with somebody somewhere.