Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1351462 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #1675 on: April 22, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
I'm gonna eat at Chipotle in Paris. Probably at least twice. :ohno: (<--me with a burrito)

just got a coupon from chipotle in the mail last week, buy one get one free.  says redeemable at all locations.  i wonder if that includes paris?  it says, all locations, paris - ?

Now I really want to print off some coupons before I go to the Paris chipotle.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 22, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »
 :ksu:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
I can't wait to have Mrs Rex tell them in French "it says ALL locations".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
I can't wait to have Mrs Rex tell them in French "it says ALL locations".

oh boy they're going to quite the pickle themselves on that too.  exact coupon verbiage "offer valid only at participating locations, which in this case means all locations" - boom roasted

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
going to cabo in a couple of weeks.  anybody have any tips on best currency exchange?  I obviously plan on using my csp where I can, but would like some pesos as well in case I run into a place that doesn't take credit cards.  my shitty little regional bank I use doesn't have an easy currency exchange option so I plan on just exchanging down there.  Is an atm (likely at the airport) going to be the best option and just bite the bullet on the atm fee?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 22, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
airport atm is the best option but only on opposite day

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
going to cabo in a couple of weeks.  anybody have any tips on best currency exchange?  I obviously plan on using my csp where I can, but would like some pesos as well in case I run into a place that doesn't take credit cards.  my shitty little regional bank I use doesn't have an easy currency exchange option so I plan on just exchanging down there.  Is an atm (likely at the airport) going to be the best option and just bite the bullet on the atm fee?

open an HSBC internet account, transfer money in.   Use HSBC ATM card in Mexico for free, get bank rate of exchange.

http://www.cabosanlucas.net/fast_facts/banks.php#hsbc

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »

use a regular bank ATM. You'll pay ATM fees but that's it. Don't use travelex because they will eff you. a normal large bank ATM won't eff you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 22, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
outside of fees, you still want the best exchange rate and not all banks offer the same. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
Jesus Christ how much are you going to spend? Just eat the atm fee (not at the airport lol) and be done with it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 22, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »
Jesus Christ how much are you going to spend? Just eat the atm fee (not at the airport lol) and be done with it.
I don't exactly have all my purchases mapped out, but like I said, I'd like some pesos if needed. also like I said, I'm willing to eat the atm fee which isn't a big deal at all, but we're staying at the hilton in the corridor b/w the airport and cabo so I don't exactly have the option of walking down the street to find a major bank atm.  my options are pretty much an airport atm, somewhere in san jose, or the resort.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 22, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »
Pretty much everywhere will take a CC in Cabo.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 22, 2013, 11:15:46 AM »
Pretty much everywhere will take a CC in Cabo.

Not the coke dealers.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #1688 on: April 22, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
I don't exactly have all my purchases mapped out, but like I said, I'd like some pesos if needed. also like I said, I'm willing to eat the atm fee which isn't a big deal at all, but we're staying at the hilton in the corridor b/w the airport and cabo so I don't exactly have the option of walking down the street to find a major bank atm.  my options are pretty much an airport atm, somewhere in san jose, or the resort.

well if you don't want to leave the Hilton just put everything on your room. When you're out and about (if you go out) you can find an atm.

Also report back on the trip. Cabo is an easy trip from Cali.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 22, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
came half an inch away from booking a cabo trip yesterday. would've prob been there same time as rams. close call.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
came half an inch away from booking a cabo trip yesterday. would've prob been there same time as rams. close call.

I would go buy a lottery ticket before your good fortune runs out.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

boom! Shots fired!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 22, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »

you guys  :frown:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 22, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »

well if you don't want to leave the Hilton just put everything on your room. When you're out and about (if you go out) you can find an atm.

Also report back on the trip. Cabo is an easy trip from Cali.
everything is definitely going on the room, but we're also planning on heading into town for at least one day to walk around and shop/booze.  just figured we might hit up some local shops or street vendors that don't take credit cards.  also I'm assuming cabs aren't very well equipped to take cards down there and we'll have to take a cab to get to/from cabo/airport.

I'll report back.  got some elite recs from rams' bro that lives in la.  pretty excited about dinner here: http://palmilla.oneandonlyresorts.com/cuisine/agua.aspx I guess the "moonlight tables" are sort of terraced down the side of the hill that the resort sits on and apparently the agua bar is gorgeous. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 22, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »
wait, you are going to dinner at an all inclusive resort but not staying there? or is that not an all inclusive? (I thought all one and onlys were)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
http://www.allaboutcabo.com/blog/cabo-money-tips

And I love how much Rams worries about travel details like this. So tedious and stressful. It bothered me at one time but now it's kind of endearing. Love ya, ramsey.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 22, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
wait, you are going to dinner at an all inclusive resort but not staying there? or is that not an all inclusive? (I thought all one and onlys were)
not all inclusive...and it's like $800/night.  :sdeek:  hilton los cabos is free.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 22, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »

And I love how much Rams worries about travel details like this. So tedious and stressful. It bothered me at one time but now it's kind of endearing. Love ya, ramsey.
yeah I already found that page but it really only talks about cabo and we won't actually be going into cabo for the first couple of days but will likely need cash immediately for the cab from the airport.

and it's really not that tedious and stressful.  I need to have reservations for certain meals and I like to have stupid crap like currency conversion figured out so I'm not wandering around the airport and/or getting ripped off when I step off the plane.  I guess I've always felt like a little planning beforehand makes the trip less stressful.  I mean it's not like I have every day (or even the majority of them) planned out.  sounds like you're the type that tosses some clothes in a bag and jumps on the plane with no cares/worries.  I respect that...it's just not me.  I don't travel as much as I'd like so when I do I like to get the most out of it. I'll readily admit that I'm a research freak.  It's just who I am.  but it helps me be much more relaxed once I arrive. :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
Sometimes it's the planning ahead that is the real fun part.  :D

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 22, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »

yeah I already found that page but it really only talks about cabo and we won't actually be going into cabo for the first couple of days but will likely need cash immediately for the cab from the airport.

and it's really not that tedious and stressful.  I need to have reservations for certain meals and I like to have stupid crap like currency conversion figured out so I'm not wandering around the airport and/or getting ripped off when I step off the plane.  I guess I've always felt like a little planning beforehand makes the trip less stressful.  I mean it's not like I have every day (or even the majority of them) planned out.  sounds like you're the type that tosses some clothes in a bag and jumps on the plane with no cares/worries.  I respect that...it's just not me.  I don't travel as much as I'd like so when I do I like to get the most out of it. I'll readily admit that I'm a research freak.  It's just who I am.  but it helps me be much more relaxed once I arrive. :dunno:

the conversation with you is tedious and stressful. I'm sure it's fine for you.