Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296121 times)

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread
« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2014, 05:23:29 PM »
Ugh, I don't want some white kid from Kansas again. I'm just going to think of Will Spradling the whole time.

You'll never admit it out loud, but there will come a time this season when you wish Will Spradling was on the team.  :Chirp:

He was never consistent enough to go "Will Spradling would've made that play" - Maybe a fast break where someone tries to take a charge and gets a defensive foul?

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
A++ Info on the Wade kid for my first post.

First off the Weber Clan have been following this kid for the last 2 years. Wade's Dad played FB for the Cats at DB in the mid 80's for one season before transferring to a school in Illinois. Entire family are big KSU fans. Have seen this kid play a lot over the last 2 years.

Here's how this thing went down. Wade had a decent AAU season after his Soph. year. Not great but good. Cat clan talking too him a lot but no offer. Wade wants to be a CAT but no offer on the table. Wade has another good Jr. year in HS ball and wins his second state championship for a small school in KS. Nobody in D1 is evaluating you for any of this nonsense. If they are at a HS game it's for PR strictly.

Wade has some early AAU tournaments and plays good. Wade still wants to come to CAT land but still no offer. CATS finally tell Wade they don't have a scholarship for him as they are looking at offering a guard. Wade's not happy.

Next weekend Wade goes to Dallas and plays in the GASO in Dallas and destroy's the field. Not just a little but completely. Weber and the fellers are in the house and you can see a oh crap in their eyes!!!! Big meeting with coaching staff afterwards when they get back.

The following week Wade goes to Vegas and he destroy's the #7 power forward in the country Ivan Rabb that plays for the Oakland Soldiers. Soldiers also have the #2 center in the country Zimmerman as well. OS win this game by about 7 or so but the two dominating players in the game were Wade and Zimmerman. Another oooohhhhh crap look on the Cats coaches faces.

Next week their is an offer on the table. My guess is that if this hadn't gone down the way it did Wade would already be a CAT. Kid can flat out play. At 6'9" can handle it, pass, shoot it from 3, and defend. This kid isn't any Will Spradling or Josh Reid. Will not be an All-American his freshman year and will need to put on some weight and strength on but the kid can flat play. Unless the coaching staff screws this one up bad he will be a cat. EWAW, Every Wade a Wildcat.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2014, 06:41:29 PM »
incredible first post, welcome to gE!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Kelsey Grammar is going to have a heyday with that post.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »
great post watershed!! keep them coming.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 29, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
Basketball guys never really break their commitments, though, right?  Not unless there's a coaching change.

It's definitely different than in football where guys are fair game until signing day.  I can't even think of three or four examples of a guy committing to a school and then changing his mind unless the school did it for him (a la Alex Etherington).

oscar could give you an example.  Eric Gordon committed to Illinois in November 2005 and then decommitted in October 2006 to sign with Indiana.  He was rivals #2 overall in 2007 behind Beasley.  It was not fun. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:47:24 PM by Mr Bread »
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »
Nice 1st post, i guess.......if true :dunno:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:31 PM »
Wade moves into Top 150. #107. Will visit Wichita State out of respect to the wushocks for following him around with their tongues out all summer.

He's a CAT. Take it to the bank!

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 29, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
Someone on here was asking about the Stephenson kid out of Manhattan. He also played on Wade's AAU team. Had a great summer and opened a lot of eyes. Problem is he is only 6'4" with great post skills. Plays bigger than that but is a tweener at the D1 level. Can't play guard, can't play post, etc..... He can play at the next level just won't be a D1 school in my opinion.

He did move to McPherson to play for a great program and Coach Kinnamon. Coach Kinnamon's son also played on the same AAU team as a point guard. Not sure why they moved but I'm guessing due to all the stuff that went down with Manhattan High's BB team last year. Someone else can speak to the circus last year at MHS.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »
Thank you watershed for your post about D-Wade.  In the last couple of days he has been called a hillbilly, white guy, and referred to as a peon from podunk.  He is the real deal.  Close to a top100.  Malek was in the upper nineties and everyone was having orgasms and one guy was maturbating.  Recruitment of Wade is going over like a loud fart in church in some Cat circles.  The boy sounds like a rebirth of Carl Gerlach and Ed Nealy, real men with hairy chests that made it to the NBA.  They were tough and mean and could intimidate the devil to the point of him losing bladder control.  I look forward to watching Wade -- the hillbilly from hell, the white tornado, podunk phenom play for KSU.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 29, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »
I have no idea about any of this but am totally #teamwade after reading that.   If he gets a scholly,  I claim him as #myguy for Team oscar Hoops.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
Thank you watershed for your post about D-Wade.  In the last couple of days he has been called a hillbilly, white guy, and referred to as a peon from podunk.  He is the real deal.  Close to a top100.  Malek was in the upper nineties and everyone was having orgasms and one guy was maturbating.  Recruitment of Wade is going over like a loud fart in church in some Cat circles.  The boy sounds like a rebirth of Carl Gerlach and Ed Nealy, real men with hairy chests that made it to the NBA.  They were tough and mean and could intimidate the devil to the point of him losing bladder control.  I look forward to watching Wade -- the hillbilly from hell, the white tornado, podunk phenom play for KSU.

:ksu:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »
the hillbilly from hell, the white tornado, podunk phenom play for KSU.

:love:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 30, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
Wade does score exceptionally high on my Devil Intimidation Ratings Index.  His diri is damn near off my charts! :eek:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 30, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
I have no idea about any of this but am totally #teamwade after reading that.   If he gets a scholly,  I claim him as #myguy for Team oscar Hoops.

My guy by default.

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »

Don't think he's a Hillbilly but does like to hunt and fish, take long rides through the Flinthills, and only dates hot chicks in purple. Takes daily showers. Doesn't beat women or smoke dope like the dorks to the east. Say's "Yes Sir" and "How fast do you want me to do it correctly."

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »
Basketball guys never really break their commitments, though, right?  Not unless there's a coaching change.

It's definitely different than in football where guys are fair game until signing day.  I can't even think of three or four examples of a guy committing to a school and then changing his mind unless the school did it for him (a la Alex Etherington).

oscar could give you an example.  Eric Gordon committed to Illinois in November 2005 and then decommitted in October 2006 to sign with Indiana.  He was rivals #2 overall in 2007 behind Beasley.  It was not fun.
I still miss Mike  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
 So is it good bye Cobb - Hello Dean?  If so, we could pursue one of the other top recruits if Karapetyan scholarship becomes available.  Maybe Cobb could enroll at the Yoder Prep School  For Amish Enliightment and Practical Trades.  They would have a hell of a basketball team; a 6'9' guy with a bunch of five foot amish kids that are crazy.  Naw, Sunrise in Wichita might be better.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:52:09 AM by renocat »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »
I like these developments.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 31, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »
STUDBOSS Eric Bossi saying this morning that Claws to KSU is a REAL possibility @ this point
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
STUDBOSS Eric Bossi saying this morning that Claws to KSU is a REAL possibility @ this point

A guy on GPC is saying it happened.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #571 on: August 31, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

A guy on GPC is saying it happened.

:pray:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 31, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
Wade is official.

Three person class of Brown, Cobb and Wade is pretty salty. I assume we are going to over sign.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 31, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
yep

Brett Regan @brettregan  ·
2015 St. John (Kan.) forward Claws (@deanwade3232) has committed to Kansas State. Wade is No. 107 in the Rivals150.

ready for dean to exercise those will spradling demons i carry so deep in my heart

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

Wade is official.

Three person class of Brown, Cobb and Wade is pretty salty. I assume we are going to over sign.

Isn't 3 over signing already?