Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218921 times)

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
You are welcome to lash out at me, I understand you guys are upset. Angel was a heck of a player and he will be missed. Best of luck to him.

did the animal tell currie/oscar to get their crap together or else?

I don't know what this means
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27469.msg804176#msg804176

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
You are welcome to lash out at me, I understand you guys are upset. Angel was a heck of a player and he will be missed. Best of luck to him.

did the animal tell currie/oscar to get their crap together or else?

I don't know what this means
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27469.msg804176#msg804176

I will check to see if the university president sent a modified deadspin article to the athletic director, will let you know if that happened.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
also, cap, you are the closest thing to a phone to the AD this site has. some of the posters will choose to lash out at you for it. I appreciate your input very much.

I choose to do both when appropriate.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
trench warfare man

what a pickle, the exact same event that seems to bolster the arguments for the oscar skeptics actually is being use by the oscar apologists (as in the term "defending a position") as ammo that the potential failures of the basketball team are beyond his control.

YET

if the coach was still a certain someone, their exact positions would almost assuredly be flipped

predilections make for funny positions

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
YET

if the coach was still a certain someone, their exact positions would almost assuredly be flipped

I'd be losing my crap if angel left under frank

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
also, cap, you are the closest thing to a phone to the AD this site has. some of the posters will choose to lash out at you for it. I appreciate your input very much.

I choose to do both when appropriate.

what you have to do is just look at the phone like an old ibm line or whatever that didn't pass anything over 2700 hertz. there's just a low pass filter or whatever on the phone. it is what it is, although sometimes i wish c-crap was just a regular poster because he'd be amazing.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
trench warfare man

what a pickle, the exact same event that seems to bolster the arguments for the oscar skeptics actually is being use by the oscar apologists (as in the term "defending a position") as ammo that the potential failures of the basketball team are beyond his control.

YET

People have and always will use the information at hand to defend which ever side of the argument they are on, some just switch sides sooner/easier than others.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »
YET

I'd be losing my crap if angel left under frank
I said almost! :shakesfist:

but yeah I am trying to seem fair and balanced to the point of unflavored oatmeal

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
trench warfare man

YET

People have and always will use the information at hand to defend which ever side of the argument they are on, some just switch sides sooner/easier than others.
For sho.

Some are just a bit more transparent about the underlying reasons for their "switches".

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »
So we aren't buying the stay close to home thing? What is lse could it be?  I don't think I will put lay angel's broken wings at buce's feet, but oscar doesn't get to use it as an excuse.

why wouldn't "we", i mean, "you", believe it?

I was saying I do believe it.  And asking for a reason why I shouldn't. 

oh i know, just pointing out that you've joined a very select minority

well if one thing is for sure, it's that there are only two options. either his body is completely broken down and he needs to quit college unpaid ball to go play professionally right now...or he desperately wants to play unpaid college ball closer to home and doesn't mind sitting out a year in order to do it. either way, oscar's hands are tied and there's nothing he could've done.

i think you missed another thing that is for sure, and that is that oscar actively pushed angel out of the program and did nothing to convince angel to stay.  because that makse sense.  there is no disputing that data.  also no disputing that angel plays no role and has no responsibility for the situation he's found himself in and it all lands on the shoulders of one oscar weber the king big 12 champ.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
clams and rd: laying it on the line (#meme)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »

Are there two more lay it on the line posters?

I don't think so.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »

Are there two more lay it on the line posters?

I don't think so.
they have spunk (#lolmeme) that's for sure

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
JFC.  I should have gotten that copyrighted.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »
So we aren't buying the stay close to home thing? What is lse could it be?  I don't think I will put lay angel's broken wings at buce's feet, but oscar doesn't get to use it as an excuse.

well if one thing is for sure, it's that there are only two options. either his body is completely broken down and he needs to quit college unpaid ball to go play professionally right now...or he desperately wants to play unpaid college ball closer to home and doesn't mind sitting out a year in order to do it. either way, oscar's hands are tied and there's nothing he could've done.

i think you missed another thing that is for sure, and that is that oscar actively pushed angel out of the program and did nothing to convince angel to stay.  because that makse sense.  there is no disputing that data.  also no disputing that angel plays no role and has no responsibility for the situation he's found himself in and it all lands on the shoulders of one oscar weber the king big 12 champ.

i don't think oscar pushed him out. angel bears all responsibility for his actions. oscar gets paid two million a year to convince him to stay. he couldn't though and he currently has no one lined up (orris gray debacle, etc) to take his place. how much crap you want to give oscar for this is up to you, but he has to get some.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »

i don't think oscar pushed him out. angel bears all responsibility for his actions. oscar gets paid two million a year to convince him to stay. he couldn't though and he currently has no one lined up (orris gray debacle, etc) to take his place. how much crap you want to give oscar for this is up to you, but he has to get some.
all good points.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline feartheillini

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
Everything weber touches eventually goes to crap.

Is it coincidence that this year the Big 12 was the worst it's been in a long time? 
Is it coincidence that the last 6 years weber was in the Big 10, that the conference stunk?

I think not.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:18 AM »

Is it coincidence that this year the Big 12 was the worst it's been in a long time? 
Is it coincidence that the last 6 years weber was in the Big 10, that the conference stunk?

I think not.

He made your posting stink (as in smells bad, real bad).

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »
One year ago we were beaten over the head with Frank had to go or else we wouldn't have a team. The posters who were aggressively pushing Shannon Spradling's agenda as a talking point have been unsurprisingly quiet tonight. Spin it CC, Dax, or GOSP. Jump back on those high horses and talk down to us about how this is actually good for us.

Never said anything like Frank had to go.  If anything, I was bummed he left.  I did do 2 other things:

1)  I disputed the hysteria that Frank was the only good coach in KSU history.  He's the 3rd best in the last 25 years -- after Huggins and Kruger -- which makes him still pretty darn good.

2)  I disputed the hysteria that oscar is an awful coach.  I'll even double-down on that position.  I think we'll be good next year even without Angel.  oscar still has the potential to knock Frank down to 4th-best coach in the post-Hartman years.

P.S.  I'm also bummed that Angel left.  Just like I was pissed at the #BID posters last year who said they hoped Angel transferred out before last season.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »
One year ago we were beaten over the head with Frank had to go or else we wouldn't have a team. The posters who were aggressively pushing Shannon Spradling's agenda as a talking point have been unsurprisingly quiet tonight. Spin it CC, Dax, or GOSP. Jump back on those high horses and talk down to us about how this is actually good for us.
P.S.  I'm also bummed that Angel left.  Just like I was pissed at the #BID posters last year who said they hoped Angel transferred out before last season.
Link?

Offline feartheillini

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:10 AM »

I think not.

He made your posting stink (as in smells bad, real bad).

That hurts man, considering we're on the same side and all.  Dude, I feel for you, not like that prick Okcyclone.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »
Link?

The search function is in the upper right.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »

2)  I disputed the hysteria that oscar is an awful coach.  I'll even double-down on that position.  I think we'll be good next year even without Angel.

I was concerned about where our primary scoring would come from with out Rodney before Angel decided to leave, and at that point, my concern was Angel transitioning to more of a scorer.  Now where is our scoring going to come from?  Shane and Gip are the only ones left who provided much in that manner. 

So, here we sit losing players and scrambling for spring recruits to fill their spots with and Sprads is one of our top three scoring options for next yr. 

That should worry you a lot.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »

2)  I disputed the hysteria that oscar is an awful coach.  I'll even double-down on that position.  I think we'll be good next year even without Angel.

I was concerned about where our primary scoring would come from with out Rodney before Angel decided to leave, and at that point, my concern was Angel transitioning to more of a scorer.  Now where is our scoring going to come from?  Shane and Gip are the only ones left who provided much in that manner. 

So, here we sit losing players and scrambling for spring recruits to fill their spots with and Sprads is one of our top three scoring options for next yr.  

That should worry you a lot.

:bang:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
also, cap, you are the closest thing to a phone to the AD this site has. some of the posters will choose to lash out at your for it. I appreciate your input very much.

Yes, I agree. Same thing happens any time something bad happens. I get it, people are upset. I will try to give info when I can.

How is this player revolt different than the threatened (not confirmed) defections Frank faced at the end of last season?