Author Topic: Fake Patty's Day  (Read 69402 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
Man, it seems like Fitz really fitzed this thing up.

The bars should disassociate with him like the players union's inevitably have to do with their reps who only make things more contentious during labor negotiations.

Pike, sorry that this thing that you've been looking forward to for so long has been ruined.

Appreciate the condolences. Maybe it wont be that bad. Its obvious that theyre just trying to make it harder to get annhilated. Longer lines, cover charge, enforcing fire codes etc. As long as they dont go beyond that by busting house parties and arresting people and dishing out tickets then it will still be pretty fun.

That's what the extra cops are for.  Parties that charge for a cup...
I imagine that would be pretty hard to prove as long as the party goers/hosters aren't complete dumbasses.

Thats the problem with waking up at 6 to start boozing. By 9 everyone is, well, a complete dumbass.

Not that the cops care anyway. Im sure they'll ticket their jolly brains out. 

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »
FAKE PATTY'S COVER / WRISTBAND INFO

1. There is no cover to enter Aggieville. You will not be ID'd to get into Aggieville.

2. Majority of the bar owners voluntarily paid $3 for every person their bars hold to the Aggieville Business Association. This money will be used to pay extra expenses for the event.
Example: Johnny Kaw's holds 437 people = $1311 paid to ABA.

3. All the owners who voluntarily paid money to the ABA to help with extra expenses have agreed to charge cover.

4. There is not one wrist band for all the bars in Aggieville. Each owner will be charging their own cover for their bars.

5. Listed below are the bars/bar conglomerates that are charging cover to the best of our knowledge. These groups/bars have one wristband to enter all their bars.

Group 1: Johnny Kaw’s, Shot Stop, Bomb Bar and Chuggers
(3 wristbands for $10 pre-sale) ($5 day of event) (Purple Wristbands)

Group 2: Kite’s & Rusty’s Last Chance
(3 wristbands for $10 pre-sale) ($5 day of event) (White Wristbands)

Group 3: Tubby’s, Fat’s & Doughboys
(3 wristbands for $10 pre-sale) ($5 day of event) (Green Wristbands)

Group 4: Porters, Drinx, O’Malleys & Salty Rim
(1 wristband for $5 pre-sale) ($10 day of event) (Silver Wristbands)

Other Bars: (This information is to the best of our knowledge)
So Long: $5 day of
1863: $5 day of
Mojos : $5 day of
Auntie Mae’s: $5 day of
Kathouse & Aggie Station: $5 day of

Other Info
1. Moro will be blocked off to traffic.
2. You will not be able to drink in the streets.
3. There will be numerous food vendors operating on Moro.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 11:04:13 PM »
Realistically i see myself spending $15 TOPs on wrist bands. Thats not that bad being :kstategrad: and all. Im just worried the pigs are going to crap all over everything.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:12:24 PM by p1k3 »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
What a clusterfuck (not in a tmcats condemnation of drinking way, but in a how in the world did all these bars eff up something as simple as selling green beer on a certain day).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
What a clusterfuck (not in a tmcats condemnation of drinking way, but in a how in the world did all these bars eff up something as simple as selling green beer on a certain day).

They didn't.  They'll make more money this year than any other.  More people will be here for it than ever before.*

*assuming weather isn't too big a factor
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »

They didn't.  They'll make more money this year than any other.  More people will be here for it than ever before.*

There will be less that come back next year, though.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »
Maybe this year it should be "make fatty's day."

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »

There will be less that come back next year, though.

Which appears to be the ultimate goal. Crush FPD with tryanny until it goes away completely. Worked well with Ocuppy movement.

I bet more people come into town and booze for home football games. Whats stopping the townies from dropping the iron curtain on Cat pig skin?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »

Sure, looking forward to a bunch of positive reviews Sunday.  This clearly is going to go very well.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
FPD was one of the few things which was a) completely unique to MHK and b) that brought non-KSU people into MHK. 

and the townies crushed it.  :lol:

what a joke giving power to people like him.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
seems like a pretty good compromise.  good job once again little apple  :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
seems like a pretty good compromise.  good job once again little apple  :thumbs:

why was a compromise needed?  can't the old balls townies just hit Colbert's for the day?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
seems like a pretty good compromise.

I might've missed it, but I'm not aware of a compromise.  Isn't it just Fitz saying we're collecting $1000 that we may or may not give the city/cops if cleanup expenses are a lot, and we're also going to charge admission which will either keep crowds lower OR make the bars a bunch of money, and in exchange for those two things we hope the cops are nice?

As soon as the bars united to take on The Man under Fitz, they were mumped. 

If you own a bar, let students declare a FPD, sell green beer and staff a little more, profit and eff everyone else.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »
 :dunno:

FPD is proceeding.  no one will care about a $5 cover when they are spending $50 on booze and getting crunk.  city will get some money to cover extra expenses.   sounds like a win - win.

btw i have no idea what Fitz has to do w/ any of this.  what did he do?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »

Became president of the aggieville business association and seems to have led the charge of making FPD more official (no matter how many times he says it's unofficial) and made it a thing that can be targeted rather than a bunch of students picking a day to party in green (ORGY!).

I'm aware FPD is going to happen Saturday and that all of our stud goEMAW'rs are gonna get pak'd, but all of pike's concerns of it being watered-down due to being over-policed are probably going to happen, and while tmcats and RCPD and other tucks are responsible for being idiots about the whole thing, Fitz/bars' decision to make a war out of it are responsible for a lot of that too.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
I've been advocating for a Fake Fake Patty's a week prior to the Real Fake Patty's for years.

Tmcats wouldn't know what hit him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Why are townies so rough ridin' stupid?

Do they not see how much money FPD makes Manhattan?

:rolleyes:

where are the figures?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »

Became president of the aggieville business association and seems to have led the charge of making FPD more official (no matter how many times he says it's unofficial) and made it a thing that can be targeted rather than a bunch of students picking a day to party in green (ORGY!).

I'm aware FPD is going to happen Saturday and that all of our stud goEMAW'rs are gonna get pak'd, but all of pike's concerns of it being watered-down due to being over-policed are probably going to happen, and while tmcats and RCPD and other tucks are responsible for being idiots about the whole thing, Fitz/bars' decision to make a war out of it are responsible for a lot of that too.

yea if they just let it be what it was then there's probably not a whole lot more resistance than what existed before.  i don't even know the logistics behind FPD or care if it exists or not.  for me it's basically the same thing as the stampede - something i avoid.  at least i used to participate in FPD.  never really saw it as much different than any other crazy day or night out at the bars.  i never have been to stampede so can't really say if that's worthwhile.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 10:46:37 AM »

where are the figures?

I'm not on the Manhattan Chamber of Commece so I can't actually give you any figures, but are you trying to imply that Manhattan doesn't make more money from an event that draws in tons of people from out of town who come here and spend money?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
paying a cover charge to get into bars in mhk for any reason ever is unacceptable.

really good band maybe

When has there ever been a really good band in aggieville?

Ryan Bingham played at Mae's once

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 10:52:11 AM »
I mean if RCPD wouldn't waste their money on a rough ridin' helicopter and tons of unnecessary cops then really you'd only be dealing with slightly elevated police and cleanup expenses, which I doubt outweighs the tax money that would be brought in by a non-shitty FPD.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »

where are the figures?

I'm not on the Manhattan Chamber of Commece so I can't actually give you any figures, but are you trying to imply that Manhattan doesn't make more money from an event that draws in tons of people from out of town who come here and spend money?

how much money?  simple question.  is there an answer .. an estimate? 

i don't care if it makes money or not.  if people want to come to manhattan and have a great time then good.  let them come. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
JFC. The wildcat919 helped put this holiday together and now everyone has sold out. It was meant for the students. We knew that since spring break landed on st patty's day that most of them couldn't party together. Now I'm going to have too spend $30+ to walk into some of my favorite places to pak? Eff you tuck mother effers.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:28 AM »
JFC. The wildcat919 helped put this holiday together and now everyone has sold out. It was meant for the students. We knew that since spring break landed on st patty's day that most of them couldn't party together. Now I'm going to have too spend $30+ to walk into some of my favorite places to pak? Eff you tuck mother effers.

:thumbs:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

where are the figures?

Did a news story on it back in the day. I don't remember anymore and I don't really care to look, but it's a lot.

(and by Manhattan, I mean the businesses in Manhattan)