Author Topic: 8-10  (Read 15968 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 8-10
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2016, 09:35:33 PM »
Our offense was worse against Baylor.

essentially the same.  also pretty close to the same as in all the other games against good teams, except ou (and osu & tech if you include them, which you probably should).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:43 PM »
They poured some oscar Juice down their gullets.  Oscar helped them gain confidence.  Actually OSU should be the hardest game in my opinion.  I think they win at ISU.   I hope they crawl up j birds carcass, and whizz down their throats.   Teach them it don't pay spit on someone who is nknocher  down.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 12:30:47 AM »
They poured some oscar Juice down their gullets.  Oscar helped them gain confidence.  Actually OSU should be the hardest game in my opinion.  I think they win at ISU.   I hope they crawl up j birds carcass, and whizz down their throats.   Teach them it don't pay spit on someone who is nknocher  down.

Interesting post.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2016, 12:37:39 AM »

Interesting post.

there is only one reno
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2016, 01:05:28 PM »
9-9 finish closing out at home and dropping isu and osu
@Trogdor_gE

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 09:22:16 PM »
yeah, no.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 09:23:52 PM »
yeah, no.

anyone can get unlucky against a zone on a given night, kk.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
Our best shooters just survived a graphic car crash...

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »
Would be doing better if the rough ridin' schedule makers did us a favor for once.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 09:32:10 PM »
yeah, no.

anyone can get unlucky against a zone on a given night, kk.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 09:39:30 PM »
Would be doing better if the rough ridin' schedule makers did us a favor for once.

what if i told you kstate is about to call in a ton of favors from these schedulemakers?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 09:41:03 PM »
i really felt like we gave it a shot tonight

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 09:41:30 PM »
Just ran into a hot team, nothing you can really do

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »

what if i told you kstate is about to call in a ton of favors from these schedulemakers?

Then I'd move myself on over to the Jazzed thread.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:09 PM »
had rico gathers played tonight, we would have seen a different result

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »
The schedulemakers clearly knew the addition by subtraction effect Baylor would experience tonight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:48 PM »

Then I'd move myself on over to the Jazzed thread.

:excited:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »
had rico gathers played tonight, we would have seen a different result

it was a bad break, but saturday is a new day.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
I guess it's just obvious.....we have to shoot like 55-58 eFG% if we are going to win a game.

Getting a 48-50% eFG and a TO% of 17-19 in same game is just impossible to do for this team.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:31 PM »
Its just disheartening to be down 8 and be thinking ok, that's gonna be four straight stops and four straight half-court buckets.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2016, 11:23:43 PM »
Its just disheartening to be down 8 and be thinking ok, that's gonna be four straight stops and four straight half-court buckets.
it could have been 5 stops, 5 half court shots.  that's what I was thinking anyway

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »
I mean late in the game we had Rebounded half of our misses and had made 18-21 on FTs.  But the Shooting and TOs were so poor that we were only at 0.90 PPP
Instead of being in a tight game, we found ourselves down 10.   

We are not a good shooting team but I'm just sick and tired of the TOs.  We got 1.3 PPP on our Poss in the first half when we didn't Turn it over.  So if we had 6 TOs like Baylor had, we might have been down 3 and not 11 at half.   Down 11 at half, we basically have to play a "great half" to win or shoot out of our minds.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2016, 07:55:47 AM »
Such a weird game. Al Freeman has the game of his life. Props to him, he's always been pretty underrated on that roster. But otherwise, they have no Gathers, we're rebounding the hell out of the ball, they're getting in foul trouble in the post, DJamer and Edwards are having career scoring games, yet it never really felt like we were in the game. Just depressing.

I really wish The Flush would play as hard as Dogbite.

On the Wes topic - dude will not be a ball in hand, scoring machine, however much we wish it. Even the play by play guy last night argued that he could've been scoring more. I dunno man, just not seeing it and the fact that he is our leading scorer is a sure sign that this is not an NCAA tourney team.

Dean needs confidence and the weight room.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:22 AM »
Such a weird game. Al Freeman has the game of his life. Props to him, he's always been pretty underrated on that roster. But otherwise, they have no Gathers, we're rebounding the hell out of the ball, they're getting in foul trouble in the post, DJamer and Edwards are having career scoring games, yet it never really felt like we were in the game. Just depressing.

On the Wes topic - dude will not be a ball in hand, scoring machine, however much we wish it. Even the play by play guy last night argued that he could've been scoring more. I dunno man, just not seeing it and the fact that he is our leading scorer is a sure sign that this is not an NCAA tourney team.

We were so passive most of the game against the zone. We had a stretch when we cut the lead from 14 to 3 where it was clear we made it a priority to get inside the zone and attack the rim. We shot a ton of free throws during that stretch, then we seemingly went away from that.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »

When it was 59-54 with 6 minutes left I felt like we were very much in the game. The offense had its problems all night, but when we really needed them the defense couldn't get stops. There were a couple of other times when we had cut it to 3 or 4 and then Baylor would hit a 3 to suck the air out of the building.