Author Topic: 8-10  (Read 15868 times)

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 8-10
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
would depend on who the five are, i think.  tcu x 2, tech, osu and 1 good win wouldn't do it. bu, ku, isu, ut and one of the poor teams would be in easy.

We need to get 2 of 3 (bay Ku Tex) to have a shot. Otherwise, if we go 1-1 in Kc, we are 2-11 vs NCAA teams from B12.

Texas made it last year going 2-9 vs B12 Conf teams. So its not impossible, but Ksu at 20-13 8-10 with only 2 wins vs top 50 (Ga was 65 today) seems kinda iffy.

I will beg to differ. If we somehow get to 20-13 (8-10), we will easily be in the tourney. We won't even be on the bubble, it'll be like an 8/9 seed.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »

Baylor isn't zoning near as much this year

Drew always starts off in it and then abandons when it does not work.  It is not a very good zone usually and they are generally better off playing man, but against a historically bad shooting team like us they will be very good.  We also will get out rebounded and will struggle to get to the line.

Any other brain busters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did we take them to 2ot otr????

I expect us to beat Baylor if we play hard, attack the zone and limit passes to wrong team/pep band.  The zone is only magical to the extent it trick fucks undisciplined teams into shooting more 3's than would otherwise be advisable.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »
I hope oscar keeps DJamer as a starter and Dean coming off the bench. I think it works better that way.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
would depend on who the five are, i think.  tcu x 2, tech, osu and 1 good win wouldn't do it. bu, ku, isu, ut and one of the poor teams would be in easy.

We need to get 2 of 3 (bay Ku Tex) to have a shot. Otherwise, if we go 1-1 in Kc, we are 2-11 vs NCAA teams from B12.

Texas made it last year going 2-9 vs B12 Conf teams. So its not impossible, but Ksu at 20-13 8-10 with only 2 wins vs top 50 (Ga was 65 today) seems kinda iffy.

I will beg to differ. If we somehow get to 20-13 (8-10), we will easily be in the tourney. We won't even be on the bubble, it'll be like an 8/9 seed.
Should have a really solid rpi.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2016, 11:03:17 AM »
I don't know if it's endearing or very low expectationie and losery that Oscar was so seemingly giddy.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
I hope oscar keeps DJamer as a starter and Dean coming off the bench. I think it works better that way.

It did seem it made Wade more assertive.
 or
OU just sucks at defense.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »
Did you watch the ISU game?

did you watch the baylor game?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2016, 11:38:46 AM »

Yeah. If we had gone to Baylor and been destroyed I could get it, but we looked pretty decent against their zone much of the night, especially the first half. Granted, Baylor's length bothered us as indicated by our poor shooting on 2s and over 20 TOs, but I think those are things you can generally rectify at home. I am fairly confident that we'll play well again Wednesday night.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »

Yeah. If we had gone to Baylor and been destroyed I could get it, but we looked pretty decent against their zone much of the night, especially the first half. Granted, Baylor's length bothered us as indicated by our poor shooting on 2s and over 20 TOs, but I think those are things you can generally rectify at home. I am fairly confident that we'll play well again Wednesday night.

If Dean continues his play from yesterday we should be fine. He will get open looks.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »

Ya, I shouldn't have said our chances are iffy, I would just feel better if we didn't finish 2-11 vs the other 6 teams that will be in the tourney.   

Now, being a 8/9 seed..... We still need to get some good wins before we get on the 9 seed line.
Like I said Ok St got to the 9 seed line with a 8-10 record, but getting 6 top 50 wins and 2 of them being on the road were factors that got them a 9 and not a 11/12 seed.   Right now we only have 1 win away from home vs a top 100 team (and top 150 to be more specific).   Tech could be that 2nd win (both top 75) away from home

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »
you were right, posse.  winning 2 of 4 of the bu, ku, isu, ut games seems like the minimum to get in.  the committee has proven over and over again that they basically ignore games against lower quality opponents.  it's all about your record against 1-25, 26-50 and 51-100.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
If Dean continues his play from yesterday we should be fine. He will get open looks.

He is a big key against their zone. He was 4-12 in Waco, mostly good looks from 15 feet and in. Wes was 3-10 on similar looks. Hurt and Edwards were both 1-4. That's a big chunk of our offense combining to go 9-30.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »

He is a big key against their zone. He was 4-12 in Waco, mostly good looks from 15 feet and in. Wes was 3-10 on similar looks. Hurt and Edwards were both 1-4. That's a big chunk of our offense combining to go 9-30.

We suck at shooting.  We shot out of our mind against unc and should've won, we shot out our mind yesterday.  We will shoot like poop again Wednesday and lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
Feeling particularly spiteful today KK? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »

Baylor will zone the crap out of us on Wednesday. We better spend the next three days shooting 3s in practice.

I think our 3pt% is very misleading and that plays to our advantage. We have kept our really good 3pt shooters(Budke, Wes, Hurt) close to the vest most of the season.  The last few games we have seen oscar show his hand a bit, and I think against Baylor he lets those guys go to work.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »

Baylor will zone the crap out of us on Wednesday. We better spend the next three days shooting 3s in practice.

I think our 3pt% is very misleading and that plays to our advantage. We have kept our really good 3pt shooters(Budke, Wes, Hurt) close to the vest most of the season.  The last few games we have seen oscar show his hand a bit, and I think against Baylor he lets those guys go to work.
oscaruary unleashed

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
8-10
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
I am excited about beating a good team and all but I am a long ways from predicting the rest of K-state's season based on 1 conference game instead of the previous 9

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »
I am excited about beating a good team and all but I am a long ways from predicting the rest of K-state's season based on 1 conference game instead of the previous 9

So much this

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »

So much this

it's less than a full game over the kp prediction.  it's not an outlandish overreaction.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2016, 04:33:46 PM »

So much this

it's less than a full game over the kp prediction.  it's not an outlandish overreaction.

It also appears Evans is out for OSU, so their is another little bump.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2016, 04:41:45 PM »

So much this

Yeah, Ford's comments about Evans' injury are very much like some of oscar's comments about Stokes. This was last night after their game.

“I don’t think he’ll be back anytime soon, at this point. We’re going to meet here again with his mom and doctors and I’ll probably have some news for you pretty soon.”

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »

So much this

Yeah, Ford's comments about Evans' injury are very much like some of oscar's comments about Stokes. This was last night after their game.

“I don’t think he’ll be back anytime soon, at this point. We’re going to meet here again with his mom and doctors and I’ll probably have some news for you pretty soon.”

That game is huge, tack care of business against BU and we could start nifty little winning streak.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

Can't believe we were in that game with that shooting performance.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »

Our offense was worse against Baylor.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap