Author Topic: 3-6-16 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings and Team ADV Stats  (Read 14121 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 12-8-15 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 04:49:18 PM »
I'm going to start reporting my pak'd numbers x100

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 11-30-15 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »
If we are going to be a bubble team we need Hopper and Westicles to get their 3 pt% somewhere near the 30s instead of combining to get there

I think we are looking like a bubble team (which is a vast improvement over where I thought we would be) but I don't think that we can expect Hopper to improve his 3pt% much.  His best percentage was last year with K-State (29%). 

Westicles will probably be fine and be in the mid 30s. 
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »
I doubt we shoot 100 3 pointers in a game, can you please give me actual useful data?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 11-30-15 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
If we are going to be a bubble team we need Hopper and Westicles to get their 3 pt% somewhere near the 30s instead of combining to get there

I think we are looking like a bubble team (which is a vast improvement over where I thought we would be) but I don't think that we can expect Hopper to improve his 3pt% much.  His best percentage was last year with K-State (29%). 

Westicles will probably be fine and be in the mid 30s.

Hopper shot 15-44 (.341) in conference last year, so I think low 30s would be his expectation.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

I doubt we shoot 100 3 pointers in a game, can you please give me actual useful data?

:D

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »

Let us mine the data the way we want to, bad person :Crybaby:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »
Post Coppin State update.

3PT shooting looks slightly better.

It will be interesting to see if this team can maintain the JYC oboarding and FT rate numbers. Also to see if the impressive 4% improvement in offensive TO% is maintained with our young guards. Its notable that both the North Carolina and Georgia games were both at or below our season average in TO%, though against the Tar Heels our JYC numbers were way worse (24% OR%, 30.6% FTR) than our averages.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 12-10-15 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »
I don't think we're deep enough to keep up the rebounding numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »
per average possessions for starting players would be good. it does matter in the sense that we're used to stats starters put up, and easier to make comparisons. at least for me i wonder "how would x player do if he started"

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »
why on earth has Hot Horndogs take five 3 pointers!?!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
At this early stage of the season, defensive rebounds is the only stat that's actually reliable.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »

Notable:
Four guys scoring at 27 or better per 100. Stokes and Brown have both settled into the lower 20s. Hurt at 25. I thought scoring would be the biggest issue for this team and so far this has been much better than expected...

Perimeter shooting is still a concern. Wade has been really good and Stokes/Brown have been solid. We have to get betters shooting from Edwards, but he has been better lately (6-13 in the last 3 games). I don't think Westicles is going to shoot many, but he can score other ways. If Hurt is going to shoot, he's got to be over 33% on 3s and over 50% on twos. 

Oboarding is a strength and several guys do it well. 5 guys at four or more per 100 and DJamer is a oboarding machine.

Guards have been pretty good in handling the ball, though yesterday wasn't very good. Brown needs to be a little better here. Edwards has been really good.

Solid JYC numbers, need to finish out the OOC hitting some more perimeter shots. We can't have another 60% eFG% performance on defense.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 12-13-15 K-State Player Per 100 Ratings and Team ADV Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »
Brown just needs to settle in a role. Would be very nice X-factor. I hope Wes continues on his aggressive performance against A&M. Watching him attack like that is truly a joy.

I think best case Wade and Wes become are primary scores and Justin can step in to a rock solid contributing role. Something I think he would be more comfortable in.

Worst part about the A&M wasn't just the 16 turnovers is that 11 were steals. That is great way to lose a game a juice an opponents eFG%.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
Dat changing player name - nickname _FAN  :Wha:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »
I am a little worried about Wade. He's doing okay but I thought at this point his numbers, especially scoring would be better because I'm expecting a pretty steep drop off when conference play starts. The difference in physicality and conditioning needed is going to be pretty stark for him. Probably should be a concern for most if not all of our newcomers.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 12:48:59 PM »
I am a little worried about Wade. He's doing okay but I thought at this point his numbers, especially scoring would be better because I'm expecting a pretty steep drop off when conference play starts. The difference in physicality and conditioning needed is going to be pretty stark for him. Probably should be a concern for most if not all of our newcomers.

He's definitely outperformed what I thought he would do initially so he's just coming back to earth a little.  But yeah, his defense has been suffering badly lately and will prob be worse come b12 play.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »

He's definitely outperformed what I thought he would do initially so he's just coming back to earth a little.  But yeah, his defense has been suffering badly lately and will prob be worse come b12 play.

Of all the freshman on our team, Wade appears to be the one most physically prepared for D1 bball.   Maybe you were implying that because he plays forward the physicality curve is greater, not sure. In any event, I think you guys might be overestimating the quality and depth of big 12 bigs. Other than UT (and maybe wvu or tcu), nobody really has a physically strong or brutish front court.  The top 3 teams in the league basically run 4 guards (or 3 guards and a Ngiang) and an athletic forward most of the time.

Also, he was sick for the aTm game, but had scored double digits each of the 3 games before. He also appears to be improving as a rebounder.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »
Wade did not play well vs North Carolina and Texas A&M. He's been good in every other game except the first one against MES. He's had an offensive rating of at least 125 and scored at least 12 points in all the other games he's played, plus he's rebounding well and not turning it over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
Did anyone say Wade has not played well?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »
Did anyone say Wade has not played well?

I suppose I took your worry as saying he was tapering off.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2015, 10:46:10 AM »
Last year's OOC vs this year's to this point.

Shooting is down, but we're better almost everywhere else; notably TOs and oboarding.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »

Shooting is down, but we're better almost everywhere else; notably TOs and oboarding.

Probably fair to assume that this years eFG% won't have the bottom fallout like last year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2015, 12:20:02 AM »

Probably fair to assume that this years eFG% won't have the bottom fallout like last year.

Why is that? We have inexperienced, streaky guards and a thin, undersized front court. We hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't say its fair to assume that it won't get worse as our schedule toughens. Someone with a kenpom sub can confirm but I'm guessing the top defensive teams we will face will be in conference.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »
unless the 3% or ftr come up, efg will definitely go down.  kstate won't shoot 52.6% on 2s in conference.

no idea if it will go down more or less than last year, since i have no idea how much it went down last year.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 12:59:45 AM »

Why is that? We have inexperienced, streaky guards and a thin, undersized front court. We hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't say its fair to assume that it won't get worse as our schedule toughens. Someone with a kenpom sub can confirm but I'm guessing the top defensive teams we will face will be in conference.

We have played 3 games against teams in the top 50 in adjusted defense A&M at 33, Georgia at 35 and UNC at 39. We have 10 games left against the top 25 in adjusted d; OU, WVU, KU, Baylor, and ISU.

I hate sounding so negative, I'll remind again that I was never a BIDer but our schedule strength is really bad and we play in a very good conference, I'm getting a strong false hope feel to all of this because we blew out a sorry Mizzou team, hung with an incomplete UNC team and, my man Claws hit a 18 foot jumpshot. Hope I'm wrong.