Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1037902 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1950 on: February 10, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »
He will say whatever he needs to in front of that person or that crowd, to get them to like him.  It's why no one can get a beat on what he really believes.

I think you can get a pretty good read on what he believes from the actual actions he takes, like appointments, executive actions, and eventually legislation.

Liberals in particular (but also some very "principled" conservatives who would rather have Hillary in office than crawl down into the mud with T-money) are losing their crap over his rude, inarticulate, braggadocious manner of speaking/tweeting. I just roll my eyes and cheer for the stuff he actually does, like nominating Gorsuch, or Sessions, or Price, or DeVos.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1951 on: February 10, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
He will say whatever he needs to in front of that person or that crowd, to get them to like him.  It's why no one can get a beat on what he really believes.

I think you can get a pretty good read on what he believes from the actual actions he takes, like appointments, executive actions, and eventually legislation.

Liberals in particular (but also some very "principled" conservatives who would rather have Hillary in office than crawl down into the mud with T-money) are losing their crap over his rude, inarticulate, braggadocious manner of speaking/tweeting. I just roll my eyes and cheer for the stuff he actually does, like nominating Gorsuch, or Sessions, or Price, or DeVos.

I just don't think that any of those things were his idea.  I don't think anything he does is his idea. 

One, he's not that bright.  This isn't a strategic thinker.  I think a lot of guys saw an opening and hitched a ride in an empty suit.  Sessions is one.  Bannon is another.

DeVos is a horrible selection, but that's because I hate charter schools, and I think vouchers are nothing more than a Christian scheme to get kids to go to inferior Christian schools to indoctrinate a future generation.

Sessions is a horrible choice because he's a racist, will ramp up voter suppression, and thinks people like myself, who don't know Jesus, can't understand "truth".

Price is a crook and his replacement plan is a joke.

Gorsuch I'm not really all that upset about.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 10, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
It's too bad more conservatives aren't principled
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 10, 2017, 02:10:20 PM »

I just don't think that any of those things were his idea.  I don't think anything he does is his idea. 

One, he's not that bright.  This isn't a strategic thinker.  I think a lot of guys saw an opening and hitched a ride in an empty suit.  Sessions is one.  Bannon is another.

DeVos is a horrible selection, but that's because I hate charter schools, and I think vouchers are nothing more than a Christian scheme to get kids to go to inferior Christian schools to indoctrinate a future generation.

Sessions is a horrible choice because he's a racist, will ramp up voter suppression, and thinks people like myself, who don't know Jesus, can't understand "truth".

Price is a crook and his replacement plan is a joke.

Gorsuch I'm not really all that upset about.

Panj gets it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 10, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »

Oh the EOs he signs without knowing what they really say and then getting pissed about what he signed...Yeah you should cheer for that stuff. He is really on top of it.

He has shown nothing to suggest he has a solid strategy or policy in mind. It literally is rehashed from the last person he talked to about a topic. Case in point his airport equipment statement....Literally says nothing except what his pilot told him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1955 on: February 10, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
Libtarded psychoanalysis is the best psychoanalysis  :lol:

If there's one thing you can about donald is that his nothing more than a "yes man", a pawn who conforms to peer pressure EXCEPT WHEN HE DOESN'T AND IS A SUPER BIGOT RACIST MISOGYNIST GENIUS DUMBASS!!!! :curse:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1956 on: February 10, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
“I’m optimistic that the Supreme Court will play it straight when it comes to the interpretation,”

Lol, great find fsd, man Obama was really unhinged there

Awwwwwwwe, look at him try and think. How totes adorbs. I hope baby giwaffe twies walking next.
 :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 10, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »
Can't believe Obama was so nasty to the court, really questioned their legitimacy  :lol:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 10, 2017, 03:29:26 PM »

If there's one thing you can about donald is that his nothing more than a "yes man", a pawn who conforms to peer pressure EXCEPT WHEN HE DOESN'T AND IS A SUPER BIGOT RACIST MISOGYNIST GENIUS DUMBASS!!!! :curse:

It's not that cut and dry, though.

Trump is the consummate executive delegator.  He will walk into a room, someone will present him with something, and he will do one of two things:

1) Say, "I don't care, do whatever."
2) Listen to the pitch, offer his two cents, tell them how he wants it, and then tell them to leave the room.

I've spent a long time working in the executive realm, and I can tell you that these people exist, and this is how they work.  For whatever reason, they have ascended to a certain level, either by luck or sheer force, but they aren't very bright, nor are they very good at leading.  I can tell you exactly how Trump will handle something because I see a dozen guys like him every year.

So, Trump has probably already decided what he's pushing off (a lot) and what he will take (fluffy stuff), and when he goes to the signing ceremony, he's not going to know what he's signed because he's delegated that to one of his incompetent staffers.  He'll take the pen, sign the document, wave the book around, and then he'll go back to the oval, shut the door, take a long lunch and watch Fox News for a couple of hours.  During that time, he'll tweet something stupid, because like most old, white racists, who are socially awkward and have lived in an echo chamber for a long time do, and people will get angry.

Then later that afternoon, he'll hop on a phone call, unprepared, rant about something, give his two cents about a topic that wasn't really even up for discussion, hang up the phone, say he needs a break, and then watch more cable.

There is no genius, there.  He's not playing the Art of War.  He's an old, loud windbag that's used to bossing people around and thinking his opinion means something because employees and sycophants have been acting as "yes men" around him for decades.  His advisers will direct him to a room, tell him who is in it, and then he'll talk for 60 minutes about the electoral college, voter fraud, Don Lemon, and everyone that loves him.  Then he'll tweet something dumb during downtime.  Rinse and repeat.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 10, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
Not sure anything else needs said in this thread. Lock it up mods

The Big Train

« Reply #1960 on: February 10, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 10, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »

It's not that cut and dry, though.

Trump is the consummate executive delegator.  He will walk into a room, someone will present him with something, and he will do one of two things:

1) Say, "I don't care, do whatever."
2) Listen to the pitch, offer his two cents, tell them how he wants it, and then tell them to leave the room.

I've spent a long time working in the executive realm, and I can tell you that these people exist, and this is how they work.  For whatever reason, they have ascended to a certain level, either by luck or sheer force, but they aren't very bright, nor are they very good at leading.  I can tell you exactly how Trump will handle something because I see a dozen guys like him every year.

So, Trump has probably already decided what he's pushing off (a lot) and what he will take (fluffy stuff), and when he goes to the signing ceremony, he's not going to know what he's signed because he's delegated that to one of his incompetent staffers.  He'll take the pen, sign the document, wave the book around, and then he'll go back to the oval, shut the door, take a long lunch and watch Fox News for a couple of hours.  During that time, he'll tweet something stupid, because like most old, white racists, who are socially awkward and have lived in an echo chamber for a long time do, and people will get angry.

Then later that afternoon, he'll hop on a phone call, unprepared, rant about something, give his two cents about a topic that wasn't really even up for discussion, hang up the phone, say he needs a break, and then watch more cable.

There is no genius, there.  He's not playing the Art of War.  He's an old, loud windbag that's used to bossing people around and thinking his opinion means something because employees and sycophants have been acting as "yes men" around him for decades.  His advisers will direct him to a room, tell him who is in it, and then he'll talk for 60 minutes about the electoral college, voter fraud, Don Lemon, and everyone that loves him.  Then he'll tweet something dumb during downtime.  Rinse and repeat.

Plz reread and try to understand how super butthurt you sound about people who have clearly achieved much greater success than you. It's super sad listening to butthurt betas talk about how much smarter they are than that alpha who's just super lucky, had everything handed to him, went to the right school, made the right connections - take your pick.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 10, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »
Well here we go. They're gonna tweak the EO in response to the Nonth's ruling (and well then have another round of lawsuits but whatever - the SC will rule in their favor eventually). I'm glad they're taking this approach.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-10/trump-says-new-action-on-immigration-to-be-issued-next-week

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 10, 2017, 04:51:07 PM »
Just remembering the total meltdown (out of a continuous string) that libs had when people questioned the credentials of the least accomplished human to ever hold the office of the presidency.   By their own admission, the MSM said they had no eff'ing idea who the guy really was.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 10, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
Well here we go. They're gonna tweak the EO in response to the Nonth's ruling (and well then have another round of lawsuits but whatever - the SC will rule in their favor eventually). I'm glad they're taking this approach.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-10/trump-says-new-action-on-immigration-to-be-issued-next-week

I don't know if nonth is a typo or a daxian insult name

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: February 10, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »
Obama really did a number on dax  :frown:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 10, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 10, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »
Plz reread and try to understand how super butthurt you sound about people who have clearly achieved much greater success than you. It's super sad listening to butthurt betas talk about how much smarter they are than that alpha who's just super lucky, had everything handed to him, went to the right school, made the right connections - take your pick.

I said that I work at the executive level, but did I say that I wasn't an executive?

Some of these people can be clients or peers.  FYI.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 10, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »

I'm planning on starting an Origin Stories thread, in which pit'rs could explain what made them the pit'r they are today.  Dax should naturally be the premiere episode.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 10, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »

I'm planning on starting an Origin Stories thread, in which pit'rs could explain what made them the pit'r they are today.  Dax should naturally be the premiere episode.

The Pit is really serious stuff, man.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1970 on: February 10, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »
The one great thing about all this as the months long meltdown will soon begin to meld into the years long meltdown.   Is just how far Trump is inside people's heads. 

Pretty impressive.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 10, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
The one great thing about all this as the months long meltdown will soon begin to meld into the years long meltdown.   Is just how far Trump is inside people's heads. 

Pretty impressive.

Your answer to every Trump comment is Obama....how much rent do you charge Barrack?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 10, 2017, 06:16:50 PM »

Start it!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 10, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »

Pretty impressive.

Your answer to every Trump comment is Obama....how much rent do you charge Barrack?

When one is discussing the duplicitous hypocrisy of the left in detail one must have examples. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 10, 2017, 06:18:09 PM »

Start it!

I don't speak Trimbot2000.  Sorry, friend.