Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1040835 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1875 on: February 09, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Hundreds of millions of Muslims were open to go through whatever channels to immigrate or visit the US during the temporary suspension from 7 countries  = "Muslim Ban".

No winning against that kind of idiocy.

Is this like losing the Dr. Pepper in '98 Dax?

Not really.  Just having fun with the over the top meltdown, and idiot blanket statement logic, like "Muslim Ban", ya know, give or take a few hundred million Muslims

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1876 on: February 09, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
Hundreds of millions of Muslims were open to go through whatever channels to immigrate or visit the US during the temporary suspension from 7 countries  = "Muslim Ban".

Not really.  Just having fun with the over the top meltdown, and idiot blanket statement logic, like "Muslim Ban", ya know, give or take a few hundred million Muslims
LOL yeah sorry, misquoted your boy...."complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the United States "

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 09, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »

LOL yeah sorry, misquoted your boy...."complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the United States "

From a year ago? 

Weird, Libs come unhinged if you dumpster dive on actual Dem politicians holding office.

Were any sitting Libs in office calling for more strident measures, rubbing their hands and dually concerned?   Signing off on giving the executive branch more power in immigration?  Sponsoring legislation to give the executive branch more power on immigration?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 09, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
 “jihadists are coming in along with legitimate refugees.”

Hillary Clinton in a speech to Goldman Sachs

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 09, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »
“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interests reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing [that will] show up, because we have no record on that person.”

James Comey testifying to Congress 2015

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1881 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:18 PM »

“The government has not shown a likelihood of success on the merits of its appeal, nor has it shown that failure to enter a stay would cause irreparable injury,” a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco found. “We therefore deny its emergency motion for a stay.”

This is from the opinion today. It is completely backwards, in that it seemingly places to burden to show the likelihood of prevailing on the merits and irreparable harm on defendant (the US), rather than properly on the party seeking the TRO. That's just wrong.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 09, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
The travel ban doesn't apply to citizens or even to people with work visas, so it definitely doesn't apply to "legal" immigrants.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 09, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
I'm curious how much more unsafe the general citizen is by allowing immigrants in as opposed to banning.

Don't let's this sway the discourse. I just don't feel it would increase the likelihood of dying by violence by any nominal amount. That's why I'm pretty meh on bans in general. Living in America is great and I'm sure many others would feel that way too.

And that's just SdKs thoughts on it all.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 09, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
The travel ban doesn't apply to citizens or even to people with work visas, so it definitely doesn't apply to "legal" immigrants.

It only applies to legal immigrants. Our other immigration laws in place apply to everyone else.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 09, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
Looks like the EO's Constitutionality is debatable, after all.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/8298393797996339233

Not likely

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is routinely is the most overturned court in the U.S. In 2012, the Supreme Court reversed 86 percent of the rulings it reviewed from the ninth.

86% is rough ridin' insane.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 09, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »
trump hasn't done anything outrageous, let alone "unconstitutional."

:party:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 09, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »

It only applies to legal immigrants. Our other immigration laws in place apply to everyone else.

What is a "legal immigrant"?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 09, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »

What is a "legal immigrant"?

People who come to the United States with legal status.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
"Legal status"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 09, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
The Supreme Court will reverse this. You can take that to the bank.

The cranks on the 9th Circuit are not capable of embarrassment at this point. It's all advocacy all the time. This lawlessness - advocates reaching their desired result regardless of express laws to the contrary - is exactly why liberalism has so tarnished our judiciary.

Politically, it's a big win for Trump. A majority of Americans support a temporary ban from these predominantly Muslim countries while we re-evaluate our vetting and immigration policy. Liberal rulings like this just drive the wedge deeper between liberals and the electoral college majority.

Practically speaking, this hopefully won't be too harmful. Yes, a few crazies may sneak through before the Supreme Court can reverse the 9th yet again, but such is the damage liberals do. In the grand scheme of things hopefully not too big a deal.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 09, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »
I wonder what happens if the Supreme Court is split 4-4.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 09, 2017, 07:57:59 PM »

The cranks on the 9th Circuit are not capable of embarrassment at this point. It's all advocacy all the time. This lawlessness - advocates reaching their desired result regardless of express laws to the contrary - is exactly why liberalism has so tarnished our judiciary.

Politically, it's a big win for Trump. A majority of Americans support a temporary ban from these predominantly Muslim countries while we re-evaluate our vetting and immigration policy. Liberal rulings like this just drive the wedge deeper between liberals and the electoral college majority.

Practically speaking, this hopefully won't be too harmful. Yes, a few crazies may sneak through before the Supreme Court can reverse the 9th yet again, but such is the damage liberals do. In the grand scheme of things hopefully not too big a deal.

Do a majority of Americans also support 3 branches of government?  Do you not find attacking the judiciary every time you don't get your way as dangerous?

Practically speaking there is still "extreme vetting" in place....I wouldn't worry about crazies sneaking through given the chance of it happening to you vs. a crazy US citizen doing you harm.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 09, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »
Court.killing the Constitution.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 09, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »
fsd taking the stance that there is no such thing as a legal immigrant... interesting tactic
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 09, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »

Do a majority of Americans also support 3 branches of government?  Do you not find attacking the judiciary every time you don't get your way as dangerous?

Practically speaking there is still "extreme vetting" in place....I wouldn't worry about crazies sneaking through given the chance of it happening to you vs. a crazy US citizen doing you harm.

This isn't about "not getting your way," though I'm not surprised that is how you would view this. When the court is wrong, it is wrong. When it reaches a decision based on advocacy, and not the law, that is lawless. The courts should be champions of the law, not find ways around laws they don't like. Congress and the Consitition granted the Executive plennary power over immigration. Arguments that this ban somehow violates freedom of religion are both factually wrong - it is not a ban based upon religion - and legally wrong - the Free Exercise Clause, like so many consititional rights, does not apply to non-citizens - particularly on foreign soil.

These are just a few reasons this absurd ruling will be reversed, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the liberal justices join the conservative majority. They're not quite as crazy as many 9th Circuit loons. Why do you think the plaintiffs chose to bring this suit in the Ninth? This is just politics.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:02:04 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 09, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
To play a home gams

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 09, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
It worked

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 09, 2017, 09:01:53 PM »

You realize one of the branches that can get "checked" is the judiciary, right? And the legislature passed a statute 60 years ago that expressly authorizes the president to do this. And the Supreme Court referenced by ksuw is itself a check on the judiciary?

You understand that, right? Like, you now know how stupid your post is?