Author Topic: Kites voted top bar in America, Lawrence, KS completely overlooked once again  (Read 12264 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i worked there for about 3 months until sam took me into rusty's office so that rusty could accuse me of stealing from him

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
They must really suck at business. I remember when their KC location had $1 Thursdays, where everything on the menu was a $1.  :ROFL: Thanks for the free food/drinks.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
They had 99 cent cans on Thursdays in the Ville that we always thought would run them out of business.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I used to go in there quite a bit but it was never a first choice. Frankly, there was always overly schmacked dudes in there looking for a fight. I once had some completely wasted dude who was like 5'6" ash his cig on the top of my head.

When I left Manhattan in '03 only last chance and Joe's Tap Room played dance music. I've been in there exactly one time in 14 years.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Joe's  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One time on a sunday funday there, my buddy and I were almost killed by some crazy military dude. He came and sat at our table and talked about killing ppl and then would give us super weird looks while he was doing it. Weirdest day of my life. I really thought we were about to get killed just for looking like preppy college students.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One time on a sunday funday there, my buddy and I were almost killed by some crazy military dude. He came and sat at our table and talked about killing ppl and then would give us super weird looks while he was doing it. Weirdest day of my life. I really thought we were about to get killed just for looking like preppy college students.

I always thought the MPs that walked around with the RCPD should have just posted up there. There were only military issues at chance and Silverados.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I always thought the MPs that walked around with the RCPD should have just posted up there. There were only military issues at chance and Silverados.
:thumbs: Yup!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rusty's was just a gross place.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
So is this being chalked up to just poor business practices, low customer traffic, etc., or did something else occur to ownership & Rusty's was a financial casualty?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I went to Rusty's quite a few times when they had 25 cent burger night on Thursday (35 cents for a cheeseburger!)  You usually had to show up around 5 to get your order in before they ran out of burgers.  Smash about 6 of those tiny little baby burgers plus a basket of fries for another dollar and that was a pretty cheap meal.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Rustys was gross

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Being gross was one of the great things about it

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Being gross was one of the great things about it

True. So is it closing for did someone not stupid buy it?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So is this being chalked up to just poor business practices, low customer traffic, etc., or did something else occur to ownership & Rusty's was a financial casualty?
Fitz has been tweeting like business is down overall in Aggieville and more closings are soon to come. "Getting too corporate"

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
best/only fond memory of Rusty's was after Wooly's Go Cats beat KU in Lawrencetucky, everyone kinda went to Rusty's, patio was lit, they were understaffed, so people were bringing in cases of beer from the liquor store, probably 50 or so people just chilling on the roof, Willie came down there, someone did the KSU thing across the street on top of O'Malley's?  fun stuff

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow, meow meow. We partied there together that day! I got on top of rusty's roof and led a K-S-U chant.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Is that when you knocked up a girl?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Potentially! Those cargo shorts tho!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

I think there's another thread on here that might have all the ownership status answers, but I see this article from the end of 2015 saying Wilson had sold followed by one from summer 2016 in which he's still referenced as the owner. I'd been under the impression he hadn't been the owner this past year or so.

http://themercury.com/articles/wilson-announces-sale-of-kites-last-chance

http://ksnt.com/2016/06/07/police-aggieville-bar-respond-to-discrimination-claims/

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Didn't he have to shut down a few years ago because he wasn't paying taxes?

All signs point to being a horrible owner