Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5520587 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #20975 on: July 01, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
list the players who signed with us after receiving offers from 'Bama and FSU.  after you've compiled this list (won't take you long, I promise), come back on here and say "K-State has a pretty good shot here."

I really don't care how many players/who they were/or how many.  Each prospect is different and chooses a school based on their own preferences.  True, those programs win more battles.  I get it.  But that doesn't apply to every recruit.  K-State coaches realize they will lose most of the battles for prospects against those schools mentioned, but not every battle.

so, you're saying there's a chance. 

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: July 01, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »
Loudermilk has us an oklahoma state in the top 2.

welp. i know how this story ends.

How does it end?  Won plenty of battles vs OSU the past few years.  The three from Blue Springs, Iowa Western DE, Goolsby, Mill Valley OL are the ones that come to mind right away
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: July 01, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
YEAH!!! WE SOMETIMES BEAT OSU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: July 01, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »
Mike Gundy is 47 now. He's not the recruiter he used to be.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:17 AM »

How does it end?  Won plenty of battles vs OSU the past few years.  The three from Blue Springs, Iowa Western DE, Goolsby, Mill Valley OL are the ones that come to mind right away
Cody Whitehair, 'hatter!  :D
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: July 01, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

now subtract out all the ones that weren't already committed to us for multiple months prior to getting their OSU offer.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: July 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »

now subtract out all the ones that weren't already committed to us for multiple months prior to getting their OSU offer.

aahh, so there is a caveat now.  so we can't win these battles but we can if we have them committed already?  huh?  that didn't work for the texas db last year. 

it's black and white.  we offered, they offered and we do win some battles.  FYI, the Iowa Western DE wasn't committed to us long before OSU offered.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: July 01, 2015, 03:42:12 PM »
So you guys complain about K-State not signing enough 4/5 stars then want them to stop recruiting a 4 star from Wichita?  :lol:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »

aahh, so there is a caveat now.  so we can't win these battles but we can if we have them committed already?  huh?  that didn't work for the texas db last year. 

it's black and white.  we offered, they offered and we do win some battles.  FYI, the Iowa Western DE wasn't committed to us long before OSU offered.

there's no caveat. those are just two very different scenarios that happen to have vastly different levels of success. in almost all of the recruiting battles you mentioned, we were fighting from a position of strength because the players were already committed to us and OSU was coming in late.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: July 01, 2015, 07:09:33 PM »
I don't think OSU is lapping us on quality of players we both recruited, it is probably about even.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20985 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
The intangible in all of this is the fact that we are now recruiting to a brand new, $70mm VFC rather than to a piece mealed, out of date Vanier...

Will it make the difference?  Who knows... BUT it did help us land a nice crop of Georgia boys in this last class.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20986 on: July 02, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
If I was an OSU fan, I'd be passed.   They have facilities on par with the absolute best in the country and don't have much to show for it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20987 on: July 02, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
Their facilities are decent.  Vanier will be better and 10 years more modern in terms of simply football training, strength and conditioning, locker room, etc.  Most of the stuff that actually matter to recruits.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: July 02, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
"I don't think facility improvements help that much" --oscar weber (referring to the BTF) :sdeek:

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: July 03, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
"I don't think facility improvements help that much" --oscar weber (referring to the BTF) :sdeek:
He has no perspective tho. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:04 PM »
OSU facilitates are not as nice as people think. People give Pickens too much credit.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: July 03, 2015, 07:22:51 PM »
@coreysutton1997: I'm excited to say I have committed to play college football at Kansas State University #KStateFB #EMAW #Big12 http://t.co/AIkoeQQKoY

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Corey-Sutton-163970

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: July 03, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »
First off, somebody just slap oscar Weber.   While it may not matter as much in basketball it still matters.

Folks, until OU builds their new stuff, which includes a mammoth new weight room.   K-State will have the best football player/admin facilities in the Big 12.   Better than everyone.   Can this staff capitalize?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: July 03, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »
i don't think it can  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: July 03, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »
First off, somebody just slap oscar Weber.   While it may not matter as much in basketball it still matters.

Folks, until OU builds their new stuff, which includes a mammoth new weight room.   K-State will have the best football player/admin facilities in the Big 12.   Better than everyone.   Can this staff capitalize?
Andre Coleman can.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20995 on: July 03, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »
Where do our players live?  Is it suite style rooms?  Do they have to share a room?  OU's Heddington Hall is really, really nice.  OSU's players in the dorm live 2 bedroom, 1 bath suites with each player having their own room.  I have a feeling our dorm situation is not close to either.  I've heard about new dorms, but nothing athlete related.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20996 on: July 03, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »
the dorms are the same as ever.  jardine is nice tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20997 on: July 04, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »
athletically, new commit corey sutton is a beast!  6'2, electronically timed 4.56, 37.4 in vertical, and 4.12 in the agility drill

https://twitter.com/ELITESPORTSMKTG/status/617179875087151104

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20998 on: July 04, 2015, 06:08:30 AM »
They're building Jon Wefald Hall and redoing the dining center over there, and then they plan on building another new dorm and totally redoing the dining center of on the other side, I forget all the names.   New Jardine is nice, and then there's the new training table in the WSC.

But yeah, I think the perfect spot for emulating what OU has done would be to tear down Edwards Hall and to build there.   But with that said, on campus K-State housing has been pretty dramatically improved with more to come. 

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: July 04, 2015, 08:52:54 AM »