Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5614288 times)

Winters, HLCat and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #20950 on: June 29, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
:lol:

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20951 on: June 30, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »
Only a tool buys everything steffy is saying.

But only a tool totally discounts what steffy is saying.

Every kid is different and nobody here has any idea what he is thinking or what/who will significantly factor in Kelly's decision.

I think K-State has a pretty good shot here.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #20952 on: June 30, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »
Is Kelly affiliated with Brian Butler in any way?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: June 30, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
he committed to k-state originally for a reason, even if it was premature and misguided. i have no doubt that he likes k-state just fine.

but guys, he's over us.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: June 30, 2015, 12:53:18 PM »
he committed to k-state originally for a reason, even if it was premature and misguided. i have no doubt that he likes k-state just fine.

but guys, he's over us.

This.

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20955 on: June 30, 2015, 01:23:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/moneymayberry/status/615947889311789056/photo/1

Kyle Mayberry just announced his top 10 schools and will be committing on Saturday.  Apparently, he is the cousin of Dante Barnett.  Given the other schools on his list and the family connection, gotta like our chances.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20956 on: June 30, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »
He apparently doesn't like Equestrian so we have that going for us, which is nice

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20957 on: June 30, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
What other school on that list should be a legitimate concern? I hear a lot of people saying nice things about Houston over on the cigar smoking thread.

And what's with the creepy cropping on that photo? Like he is peaking over a fence while some rando white guy is trying to hide his giant camera under some rain jacket. Like, what's with that?

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20958 on: June 30, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »
The symbolism of half of the emojis he used are really confusing me
@Trogdor_gE

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20959 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »

The symbolism of half of the emojis he used are really confusing me

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20960 on: June 30, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »

Every kid is different and nobody here has any idea what he is thinking or what/who will significantly factor in Kelly's decision.

He's a 17/18 year old with practically unlimited options.

I'm sure he doesn't have much of an idea of what he's really thinking right now.  It could break a lot of different ways.

Do I think we have a great shot?  No.  But I don't think it's 0%.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20961 on: June 30, 2015, 02:17:28 PM »
Illinois fist bump neck tie

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #20962 on: June 30, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »

I like it better than Illini
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20963 on: June 30, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/moneymayberry/status/615947889311789056/photo/1

Kyle Mayberry just announced his top 10 schools and will be committing on Saturday.  Apparently, he is the cousin of Dante Barnett.  Given the other schools on his list and the family connection, gotta like our chances.

Booker T. Washington High School is a pipeline of sorts for K-State. That doesn't hurt either.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20964 on: June 30, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »

list the players who signed with us after receiving offers from 'Bama and FSU.  after you've compiled this list (won't take you long, I promise), come back on here and say "K-State has a pretty good shot here." 

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20965 on: June 30, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »

list the players who signed with us after receiving offers from 'Bama and FSU.  after you've compiled this list (won't take you long, I promise), come back on here and say "K-State has a pretty good shot here."

I really don't care how many players/who they were/or how many.  Each prospect is different and chooses a school based on their own preferences.  True, those programs win more battles.  I get it.  But that doesn't apply to every recruit.  K-State coaches realize they will lose most of the battles for prospects against those schools mentioned, but not every battle.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20966 on: June 30, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »

I really don't care how many players/who they were/or how many.  Each prospect is different and chooses a school based on their own preferences.  True, those programs win more battles.  I get it.  But that doesn't apply to every recruit.  K-State coaches realize they will lose most of the battles for prospects against those schools mentioned, but not every battle.

Manhatter you are making excuses, the honest truth is we haven't won any of those battles.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20967 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »
We're in Tre Bryant's top 5 along with KU, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Syracuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20968 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »

Manhatter you are making excuses, the honest truth is we haven't won any of those battles.

The fact is K-State is the closest competitive program(outside of OU, maybe?) that offers him the best opportunity to get on the field and showcase his talents. You also can't discount the influence of family. To give up on this kid would be a huge and embarrassing mistake by this staff. Think like winners, people!

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20969 on: June 30, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »

The fact is K-State is the closest competitive program(outside of OU, maybe?) that offers him the best opportunity to get on the field and showcase his talents. You also can't discount the influence of family. To give up on this kid would be a huge and embarrassing mistake by this staff. Think like winners, people!

Win-ning? Not sure I understand that word. Is it french?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20970 on: June 30, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »
Hey guys......are we in on any players that don't include Alabama, Oregon,......etc?

Because that dude is byebye
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: June 30, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »

Kansas Colored Shapes
KSU Prince Symbols
Utah St. Biking Bears
Wyoming Horse Ass Shooters

@Trogdor_gE

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: June 30, 2015, 11:10:18 PM »
Loudermilk has us an oklahoma state in the top 2.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: July 01, 2015, 07:18:06 AM »

How do you know that the staff's time wouldn't be better spent recruiting someone who might actually come. We don't win recruiting battles for top 300 kids. Stop deluding yourself with these high profile kids. Once bama offers, they aren't coming. Move on.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: July 01, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »
Loudermilk has us an oklahoma state in the top 2.

welp. i know how this story ends.