Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145284 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #11275 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
He could be the best recruiter ever and he would still have a hard time getting great players out of Texas

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:31 AM »
Beaty will succeed at KU.  He's going to recruit the hell out of Texas and bring back a toughness to the program that we haven't had since Mangino.  I was never completely sold on Weis or Gill (especially Weis), but I really believe that Beaty is going to get things turned around.  He has a chance to be KU's version of Art Briles.
How many shots have you called now, beems? We stop listening when they all fail.

Examples?  I was never sold on Weis and actually got banned on Jayhawk Slant for questioning the hire.  Beaty is legit and will have things rolling here in a few years.  I just hope he doesn't get hired away by a bigger, more traditional football program.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: February 12, 2015, 11:05:21 AM »
Every hire you've made, you've been on board with. You wouldn't stop talking about Weis's rings and you were pumped about Turner. Listen, i'm happy for ya if you can get into this hire. You're a good fan, i'm just saying, KU can do no wrong in your eyes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:08:34 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: February 12, 2015, 11:07:02 AM »
Beaty will succeed at KU.  He's going to recruit the hell out of Texas and bring back a toughness to the program that we haven't had since Mangino.  I was never completely sold on Weis or Gill (especially Weis), but I really believe that Beaty is going to get things turned around.  He has a chance to be KU's version of Art Briles.
How many shots have you called now, beems? We stop listening when they all fail.

Examples?  I was never sold on Weis and actually got banned on Jayhawk Slant for questioning the hire.  Beaty is legit and will have things rolling here in a few years.  I just hope he doesn't get hired away by a bigger, more traditional football program.

Nah, this stud will likely stay at KU making that mad bank #Beaty800k

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »

honestly, you made this exact same post about gill.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11280 on: February 12, 2015, 11:11:07 AM »

He is going to flop big time.  Desperately recruiting Texas doesn't win games.  Assembling a staff of high school rejects isn't going to help him either.  It was a money saving hire

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »
8 years minimum to find out if this Beaty guy has "it"

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: February 12, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »

I wouldn't look at this as a bad thing.  It likely means he's had some success.  Baby steps.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: February 12, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »

He is going to flop big time.  Desperately recruiting Texas doesn't win games.  Assembling a staff of high school rejects isn't going to help him either.  It was a money saving hire

Yup - save money and clear the deck for a legit hire next time.  God willing he'll be able to get some average talent in there too for the next guy.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
He could be the best recruiter ever and he would still have a hard time getting great players out of Texas

Aqib Talib was a 2-star.  There are a bunch of DITR's down in Texas that can be developed into great players.  Beaty has the connections and the eye for talent to get it done. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: February 12, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »

No I didn't. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: February 12, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
Quote from: OregonSmock December 09, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
Except Weis can recruit at a higher level, and he'll bring in some top notch assistants as well.  Just an absolute homerun hire for KU.

:love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:14 AM »
 :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:37 AM »

No I didn't. 

ok, well i thought you did.  you did say this-

If Gill ends up being Ron Prince v2.0, I'll be the first to give you guys credit.  I just don't see what's not to like.  If you're really basing everything on his coaching record at Buffalo, then you don't understand how bad Buffalo was when Gill took over that program.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »
Every hire you've made, you've been on board with. You wouldn't stop talking about Weis's rings and you were pumped about Turner. Listen, i'm happy for ya if you can get into this hire. You're a good fan, i'm just saying, KU can do no wrong in your eyes.

I was trolling you guys with some of that stuff.  Like I said, I was banned by Jayhawk Slant for questioning the Weis hire.  You can deny it if you want, but that's the truth.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:18 AM »
Quote from: OregonSmock December 09, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
Except Weis can recruit at a higher level, and he'll bring in some top notch assistants as well.  Just an absolute homerun hire for KU.

:love:

He brought in a few 5-star recruits and some solid assistants, but all of those top-ranked recruits ended up being busts.  I could see the writing on the wall pretty early on with Weis, but hey, whatever makes you guys feel better about yourselves.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »
:Keke:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »

Aqib Talib was a 2-star.  There are a bunch of DITR's down in Texas that can be developed into great players.  Beaty has the connections and the eye for talent to get it done.

What's Beaty's track record for turning 2-stars into all-conference players? I mean jesus, even prince had d'brickashaw.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »
What would you consider a success? Average of like 7+ wins over 5 years? Average of 6 wins over 5 years?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: February 12, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
What would you consider a success? Average of like 7+ wins over 5 years? Average of 6 wins over 5 years?

Hell, an average of 5 wins over 5 years would be huge.  You have to assume he will be well under 5 his first 2 years so that would show pretty solid improvement.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11295 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »

Hell, an average of 5 wins over 5 years would be huge.  You have to assume he will be well under 5 his first 2 years so that would show pretty solid improvement.

did you guys see that article in the realignment thread? ku is currently in one of the worst 5 year stretches in the history of college football. like, they're the worst power 5 team in the world right now and it's not even close. 25 wins over the next 5 years would be like winning 10 orange bowls (huge to them, but no one else would notice)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:39 AM »

Great question CF3. 

If Beatty can get KU to a 5-win season in this conference in 2 years I will be very impressed and consider him a home-run hire.  Hell if he can average 5 or 6 wins while at KU I will consider him one of the best ever at KU.  KU will have to steal 2 conference wins every year or three to become bowl eligible. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: February 12, 2015, 11:35:20 AM »

Stop setting the bar so low everybody.

25 wins in 5 years would not be huge. You could go 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 7-5, 5-7 and get there with only 1 crap December 26th 3 PM bowl.

30 wins in 5 years should be minimum to keep his job, and 35 wins should be the goal for success. 35 wins would be like 4-8, 6-6, 8-4, 8-4, 9-3. That would be 4 bowl eligible teams and the 9-3 year would be similar to the 2008 squad.

35 wins in 5 years is your goal Beaty. 

edit: i mocat'd the math pretty hard
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:40:18 AM by Cartierfor3 »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: February 12, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »

Stop setting the bar so low everybody.

25 wins in 5 years would not be huge. You could go 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 7-5, 5-7 and get there with only 1 crap December 26th 3 PM bowl.

30 wins in 5 years should be minimum to keep his job, and 35 wins should be the goal for success. 35 wins would be like 4-8, 6-6, 8-4, 6-6, 5-7, 6-6. That would be 3 bowl eligible teams and the 8-4 year would be similar to the 2008 squad.

35 wins in 5 years is your goal Beaty. 

If he gets 8 wins combined in his first 2 seasons they should extend him.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: February 12, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »
it's nice to see that time off has really changed beems