Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 187503 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
we run like 5 different plays in 75 different formations. it's not hard to learn. our playbook being more difficult than any other playbook is a KSTATE0 urban legend.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:27 AM »
For someone who has no idea how complicated a playbook is to learn, what is the degree of difficulty? Is "hoping he learns the playbook" a real possibility, or a fat chance?

There are different degrees of "learning the playbook."  The type of knowledge that Klein/Beasley had is really only possible, I believe, with 3-4 years in the system.  Hubes might have that type of knowledge by now.

Then there is the "Michael Bishop got here in the summer and started our first game that fall" level of knowledge.  I am hoping/optimistic that Banks will be able to acquire that level of knowledge; the coaches say he is a good worker and quick study.

I think the choice for this fall is made harder by the fact that this team--outside of QB--is built to win right now.  Eight of our nine starting lineman this fall have substantial experience.  Our secondary is major stud.  And, our schedule is very nice.  Thus, I don't think "taking our lumps this year while we grow with an inexperienced QB" is as attractive of a choice as it might otherwise be (like in 1997).  The whole media "K-State loses so much this year, will have to rebuild" is a overreaction to losing Lockett/Waters.  Major losses, for sure, but a good portion of the foundation of this team is veteran.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
Haven't read a playbook in forever, but I'm fairly positive it's more dependent on what your reads are. It's not like he won't know the receivers routes or the blocking scheme... It's what you're looking for on that said play. LHCBS expects his qb to make right read errrr time.

#life made the right read every single time, as in, he kept the ball and ran with it.

Everyone still claimed he didn't know the playbook.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »
For once this play book ordeal isn't racist since he's a spring recruit. At least that's what I'm going with.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
we run like 5 different plays in 75 different formations. it's not hard to learn. our playbook being more difficult than any other playbook is a KSTATE0 urban legend.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »
this team--outside of QB--is built to win right now. 

:dubious:

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »
#myguy !

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2015, 10:50:44 AM »

Banks in his KMAN interview said the playbook is "Just as big as everyone claims it is"

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »

Banks in his KMAN interview said the playbook is "Just as big as everyone claims it is"

:fatty:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

Great interview from Banks and #Fattyfest champ
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »

I think any other college playbook would also be tough for a guy to learn in a few months. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »

I think any other college playbook would also be tough for a guy to learn in a few months.

absolutely

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
I thought our coordinators read the defense from the cruise ship and called in the plays from the sidelines.   :dunno:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
I thought our coordinators read the defense from the cruise ship and called in the plays from the sidelines.   :dunno:

less so with a qb they feel confident with making checks

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »

Fitz said on 810 that the team won't reduce the playbook for Banks like they did for Bishop because "they're way beyond that now".   :dubious:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »

Fitz said on 810 that the team won't reduce the playbook for Banks like they did for Bishop because "they're way beyond that now".   :dubious:
D. Scott, I am sorry for anything bad I have ever said about you. I meant to say it about Fitz, but you were just guilty by associating with such a dumbass.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »
tidbit- we will be pretty good but not super good.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »

interestingly, I feel like they did it a substantial amount with Klein - like every play - and he's the most "cerebral" and "heady" QB we've ever had. 

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »

interestingly, I feel like they did it a substantial amount with Klein - like every play - and he's the most "cerebral" and "sketti'd" QB we've ever had.

FIFY

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
I hate the word tidbit

Are you more a "nugget" man?  I always wanted to use "morsel" but couldn't pull it off.  I usually just use grumblings or rumblings.  Of course, the morsel in the case at hand was rumbling, and not a grumbling, IMO.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
Tidbit: I just watched Banks highlight film, the one with him running around physically and mentally challenged Cali JUCO guys... and if he isn't starting by the first conference game, I'm going to burn V2.0 to the rough ridin' ground.*

*assuming Ertz or Bazooka Joe start and suck complete ass, would be OK with Delton starting and sucking some ass, but not a ton.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
Not really insidery info, but who all is ready for us to burn time outs or take delay of games cause we can't get a play off in time?? I really enjoy it when the students count down and try to help our guys out..........
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

The Big Train

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »
get the eff out of here pipe

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2015, 08:48:47 PM »
I hate the word tidbit

Are you more a "nugget" man?  I always wanted to use "morsel" but couldn't pull it off.  I usually just use grumblings or rumblings.  Of course, the morsel in the case at hand was rumbling, and not a grumbling, IMO.

Grumblings and rumblings

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47:59 PM »

I'm getting really tired of people talking about the playbook with Banks.  Not you, obviously, but people like Fitz.

Look, you can have two guys (Bazooka and Ertz) who have a sub-basement floor and a low ceiling, or you can have two guys (Banks and Delton) who have a low floor and a high ceiling due to their athletic ability.  They can simply do things that the returning guys can't.

Knowing the damn playbook isn't going to make Hubener throw the ball into the right zip code or prevent Ertz from looking like he's throwing lawn darts out there.  You can run the same stinking playbook with all of them, and I'd bet anyone $100 bucks we'd do better with Banks or Delton because of what they can actually do with the damn ball.

Jesus Christ.  It's football.  It's not neurosurgery.  Give fast guy ball.  Hit people.  Try not to be hit.

It's infuriating.