Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213287 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Oh man, are they suggesting unequal shares?

If MU thought tx was bad, wait until Alabama and LSU split the pie up.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

2h Joe Schad Joe Schad ?@schadjoe

Les Miles: SEC to look at how money is paid out and relative to income
Collapse

This will REALLY make them regret it.

It appears not

The first message..

Joe Schad ? @ schadjoe

The second message..

Joe Schad ? @ schadjoe
Miles: Revenue driven sports like football should be sharing in the income that is produced

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

2h Joe Schad Joe Schad ?@schadjoe

Collapse

This will REALLY make them regret it.

It appears not

The first message..

Joe Schad ? @ schadjoe

The second message..

Joe Schad ? @ schadjoe
Miles: Revenue driven sports like football should be sharing in the income that is produced

That doesn't mean anything.  I would bet that the big dogs in the SEC will push for what they make when they turn around and realize not one of MU or ATM's games were televised.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
It already looks like MU and A&M will have a harder time being accepted into the SEC than Arkansas.  Could get ugly when the big dogs accuse them of diluting the conference. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I just love these losers:

SEC Southern Hospitality
Posted on: May 31, 2012 at 09:28:19 CT
El Zorro MU
Member For:
8.60 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
I continue to be amazed at the hospitality of the SEC folks that I run into (I know, I know, until they get us on the football field.).

I'm in Tupelo, MS. I held the door for an older man and his wife to get on the elevator - we started chatting (I was getting ready to work out and had my Mizzou gear on) and come to find out, he and his wife are from Tennessee and are avid Vol fans. They immediately said "Welcome" when I said I was from Missouri and said "We already know all about your team". I mentioned I was at the Volunteer Spring game and he said so were they.

He asked me to wait in the lobby and he came back in, gave me his contact information and proceeded to draw out a map on a napkin showing me exactly where his tailgate was for Tennessee home games. He and his wife said they would like my wife and I to stop by and have a few drinks with them before the game. He also asked about tickets (I said I always find them at the game) and he said he was going to call a friend who had a spare pair if I was interested.

But these people couldn't have been nicer. I'm running into that throughout the south. I loved the SEC move from the beginning and didn't think it possible, but I'm loving it more every day.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow.  I figured tickets would be hard to come by for a .500 team with a stadium capacity of over 100,000. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Wow.  I figured tickets would be hard to come by for a .500 team with a stadium capacity of over 100,000.

Well you didn't figure good ol' Southern Hospitality stepping up and lending a spare pair, now did you?

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I just love these losers:

SEC Southern Hospitality
Posted on: May 31, 2012 at 09:28:19 CT
El Zorro MU
Member For:
8.60 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
I continue to be amazed at the hospitality of the SEC folks that I run into (I know, I know, until they get us on the football field.).

I'm in Tupelo, MS. I held the door for an older man and his wife to get on the elevator - we started chatting (I was getting ready to work out and had my Mizzou gear on) and come to find out, he and his wife are from Tennessee and are avid Vol fans. They immediately said "Welcome" when I said I was from Missouri and said "We already know all about your team". I mentioned I was at the Volunteer Spring game and he said so were they.

He asked me to wait in the lobby and he came back in, gave me his contact information and proceeded to draw out a map on a napkin showing me exactly where his tailgate was for Tennessee home games. He and his wife said they would like my wife and I to stop by and have a few drinks with them before the game. He also asked about tickets (I said I always find them at the game) and he said he was going to call a friend who had a spare pair if I was interested.

But these people couldn't have been nicer. I'm running into that throughout the south. I loved the SEC move from the beginning and didn't think it possible, but I'm loving it more every day.

I live in Tupelo and let me tell you. Southern hospitality is a rough ridin' dirty myth.  I have stopped holding doors open for people because they never say thanks, and also because they don't ever hold doors open for me.

Now, unless you are one of the good ol boys(read  :opcat:), then you will get more hospitality then you know what to do with.
:dance:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
It is pretty clear "southern hospitality" is a code word for disgusting racism.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From experience Southern Hospitality is code words for "tourist with money" . . . otherwise forget it and hang with other transplants.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
I live in Tupelo and let me tell you. Southern hospitality is a rough ridin' dirty myth.  I have stopped holding doors open for people because they never say thanks, and also because they don't ever hold doors open for me.

Agreed. People in the South, as a percentage, are no nicer than in Kansas, and certainly not nicer than in Minnesota.  (Google "Minnesota Nice"--it's like Southern hospitality, except real.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I cherish any story that includes a note about wearing your favorite team's gear.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I cherish any story that includes a note about wearing your favorite team's gear.

He was going to work out.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Agreed. People in the South, as a percentage, are no nicer than in Kansas, and certainly not nicer than in Minnesota.  (Google "Minnesota Nice"--it's like Southern hospitality, except real.)

Was up north hunting one time, our trailer had a failed hub.  Middle of nowhere, can't get parts, needed to be heading home.  So this mechanic took the hub off one of his trailers and loaned it to us for the 1,000 mile ride home.  Just asked that we mail it back.  He wouldn't even take cash from us.  So of course we included some cash when we mailed it back but still, that's nice.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Was up north hunting one time, our trailer had a failed hub.  Middle of nowhere, can't get parts, needed to be heading home.  So this mechanic took the hub off one of his trailers and loaned it to us for the 1,000 mile ride home.  Just asked that we mail it back.  He wouldn't even take cash from us.  So of course we included some cash when we mailed it back but still, that's nice.

This story needs more, "I was wearing my k-state gear..."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
quote from a mizzou friend of mine: "this conference is around until texas decides to bolt and they will at the next opportunity unless you can pull in nd but word is they are about to reup with nbc so i dont see that happening, imo"

please give me a good rebuttal.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
quote from a mizzou friend of mine: "this conference is around until texas decides to bolt and they will at the next opportunity unless you can pull in nd but word is they are about to reup with nbc so i dont see that happening, imo"

"I'll be hanging out with elites on 6/23."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
I've had a Great Pyrenees and a German Shepherd and love them both dearly (the first one's dead now), but if they bit my or any other child for ANY reason, I would unhappily yet quickly march them into the back yard and put one in their brain.

Any dog can turn. Any dog. Be careful.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

"you smell like dirty feet and throw up and garlic"

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

There really is no retort to "you stink". An oldie but a goodie. Tom Cruise pulled it off best in Top Gun.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There really is no retort to "you stink". An oldie but a goodie. Tom Cruise pulled it off best in Top Gun.

Tom Cruise pulled everything off in top gun.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

"you're a crappy softball player"   :excited:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
is anyone legitimately reporting on Notre Dame and FSU going or even looking at joining the Big12?
I know the delusion is running high to our west, I can't find any legitimate source for what kk is peddling.

Notre Dame will never go to the big2 considering how much more money they can make going to the SEC or big 10. ND is NEVER going to the big2 or PAC, so let's quit discussing it.

This one is my favorite:

no. b12 wants to stay at 10. translation:
their trial balloons sunk like lead zeppelins, nobody else is interested in joining.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KC will officially be SEC territory once all major cable and dish providers will carry the SEC Network on their standard tier.

I would like to thank all Big 12 fans in the area in advance for their support of SEC athletics.

:sdeek:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apparently they can't remember how this changing conference thing works . . . nor do they seem to understand that conferences and schools have to be extremely careful about how they go about this process.

Then again, they've never been able to grasp that Tier III money, even without a conference network, still counts in the total media take for individual schools.