Author Topic: Is Lockett the real deal?  (Read 29774 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Lockett the real deal?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 07:29:59 AM »
Let's let a HIQWR guy such as myself give some analysis:

1. TT- by far our best WR. Route running, pure hands and speed combo
2. TTannahill- you'll blast me for this, but TTahill is really good in the open field
3. Clark- when Clark gets here, it'll be hard for Harper to get the snaps he's earned. Clark is the real deal holyfield
4. Lockett- he has a knack for finding the open spots just like his Dad did. But he's not a gamer like his dad was. He is a great route runner, has good speed, but below average hands. He had several drops last year that came at key moments.
5. Sexton- Curry's pretty darned good.
6. Harper- Slow (horseshit 40 time in the offseason), bad route runner. terrible hands. But he's big and has a knack to make big plays.
7. Toe Miller- Toe makes for a great 3rd or backside reciever. He's big and runs a decent route. Showed good hands last year and will only continue to  learn and get better.

:dubious:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »
I can accept that our racist homophobe is a good player, but i cannot accept that Chris Harper is anything less than beautiful and amazing at football.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
I can accept that our racist homophobe is a good player, but i cannot accept that Chris Harper is anything less than beautiful and amazing at football.
:thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

2. TTannahill- you'll blast me for this, but TTahill is really good in the open field
3. Clark- when Clark gets here, it'll be hard for Harper to get the snaps he's earned. Clark is the real deal holyfield
4. Lockett- he has a knack for finding the open spots just like his Dad did. But he's not a gamer like his dad was. He is a great route runner, has good speed, but below average hands. He had several drops last year that came at key moments.
6. Harper- Slow (horseshit 40 time in the offseason), bad route runner. terrible hands. But he's big and has a knack to make big plays.
7. Toe Miller- Toe makes for a great 3rd or backside reciever. He's big and runs a decent route. Showed good hands last year and will only continue to  learn and get better.

You spelled High Wide Receiver Intelligence Quotient wrong.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »

:lol: :flush:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
The guy who finished the OSU game after lacerating his kidney is not a gamer?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »

No, lockett is not a gamer. What you don't know about Lefty is that he got his user name when he had the exact same thing happen to him in a jr. high game. But Tom then went to the side line and said, "I got two, cut the bad one out and put me back in, coach." Tom became Lefty, and everyone in Jewell, KS now all reminisce about how Lefty is a true gamer.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:13 PM »

I probably misspoke about lockett not being a gamer. He's a playmaker for sure and came up huge in a few plays last year. But his Dad was the ultimate playmaker and in my opinion best wide receiver we've ever had. Tyler's really good, but he was no where near where his dad was as a true freshman. He's still young and will only get better.

elitist since 1994

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »

I don't get it? Why the flush?
elitist since 1994

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 02:08:21 AM »
Lefty, some great advice I got from a great goEMAW'r one time was to delete account and try again. Might want to look into that.  :dunno:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 03:35:42 AM »

I don't get it? Why the flush?

probly the tannahill thing.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »

7. Toe Miller- Toe makes for a great 3rd or backside reciever. He's big and runs a decent route. Showed good hands last year and will only continue to  learn and get betters.

You are about 1 for 7 in your list. 

1. TT is not our best wr.  He is not fast at all especially for his size.  He does run good routes and has good hands.
2.  Not sure how to respond to this.  Tannahill has great hands but is slow slow slow like 5.1 forty slow.  He can make a catch or two but he is not great in the open field.
3.  I hope Clark is good and gets on the field but if he does he will not be taking snaps from Harper. 
4.  I think the kid is a gamer and he has hands.  He was just a true frosh last year his dad redshirted so I don't think comparisons are fair.  Also hid dad had chad may throwing to him.   His dad was very good I think Tyler could actually be better but he won't match his numbers.
5.  Sexton is ok for a 4th receiver.
6.  Harper is not slow and does not run horeshit 40 times.  His hands do pretty well suck though.
7.  Toe isn't in the top four right now so I don't think he really makes for a great third wr.  I like this kid but he has zero burst to him.  You watch him and he just doesn't have it and it is not something you can really develop.  Looks the part but He will always be a fourth or fifth wr kind of a guy.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

Why should I give a eff that he is or isn't a homophobe, or a racist or whatever, is he any good at football ? and not a TC or FP seems important  :dunno:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Is Lockett the real deal?
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
Tyler Lockett reads lovingly crafted poems to the team for inspirational purposes.

Does that answer your question?

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »

7. Toe Miller- Toe makes for a great 3rd or backside reciever. He's big and runs a decent route. Showed good hands last year and will only continue to  learn and get betters.

1. TT is not our best wr.  He is not fast at all especially for his size.  He does run good routes and has good hands.
2.  Not sure how to respond to this.  Tannahill has great hands but is slow slow slow like 5.1 forty slow.  He can make a catch or two but he is not great in the open field.
3.  I hope Clark is good and gets on the field but if he does he will not be taking snaps from Harper. 
4.  I think the kid is a gamer and he has hands.  He was just a true frosh last year his dad redshirted so I don't think comparisons are fair.  Also hid dad had chad may throwing to him.   His dad was very good I think Tyler could actually be better but he won't match his numbers.
6.  Harper is not slow and does not run horeshit 40 times.  His hands do pretty well suck though.
7.  Toe isn't in the top four right now so I don't think he really makes for a great third wr.  I like this kid but he has zero burst to him.  You watch him and he just doesn't have it and it is not something you can really develop.  Looks the part but He will always be a fourth or fifth wr kind of a guy.

-Harper got shut down against other teams' #1 corners. It was only when he was our backside receiver when he finally made a play or two. When TThompson emerged near the middle of the year, other teams had began to switch the focus on him instead of Harper.

-Lockett's good and was a very pleasant surprise. I was simply stating that he's got a long way to go to be as good as his dad was. Kevin Lockett didn't redshirt and had an amazing year as a true fresh. He made circus catch after circus catch and was a complete badass.

-Tannahill although a huge douchey type of individual, is very good. Sucks to say it, but he's good.

elitist since 1994

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

-Harper got shut down against other teams' #1 corners. It was only when he was our backside receiver when he finally made a play or two. When TThompson emerged near the middle of the year, other teams had began to switch the focus on him instead of Harper.

-Lockett's good and was a very pleasant surprise. I was simply stating that he's got a long way to go to be as good as his dad was. Kevin Lockett didn't redshirt and had an amazing year as a true fresh. He made circus catch after circus catch and was a complete badass.

-Tannahill although a huge douchey type of individual, is very good. Sucks to say it, but he's good.

do you really think sexton is better than harper. like if we could only have one next year you'd really pick sexton?

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »
I don't get the harper thing.  Against A&M, against OSU, against UT, he made plays, IIRC against their best corners.  and IIRC, they were all one on one coverage because they were stupid enough to think that they could leave their best corner one on one with chris.

harper does have a tendancy to to be lazy with his hands and with his routes, but he does damage.

our WR corp, with a healthy lockett, is extremely balanced.  almost perfectly balanced.  each provides what the other(s) can't .

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Kevin Lockett redshirted it isn't hard to look up.   Not sure where your T Thompson stuff comes from.  He emerged from the bench last year because brod was getting high and Sheldon smith got hurt.  He did some good things but he was never the focus of other teams or our best wr.  Harper and Lockett are going to be our two best receivers this year as they were last year when both were healthy.  Tannahill made 10 catches last year I guess your definition of very good is different then mine.  He is not even our most talented TE though Snyder seems to trust him more then he trusts McDonald.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 09:11:36 AM »
IMO, Harper getting shut down had more to do with Klein's inadequacies as a passer than him not getting open.  Against good corners, you're rarely going to get 3 steps which is what Klein wanted.  Tyler is a lot more like his uncle than his dad

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 02:02:20 AM »
NFL.com's Bryan Fischer believes Kansas State senior WR Tyler Lockett is one of the top returning seniors in the Big 12.

"Easily one of the best receivers in the conference, if not the country, Lockett was one of the few bright spots on Kansas State's team as they took a step back from 2012's championship run. He's a great return man and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball," wrote Fischer. Lockett had a solid outing for the Wildcats in 2013 with 81 catches for 1,262 yards and 11 TDs.

Source: NFL.com

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
Good grief Lefty

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »

eff this guy.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
Lefty couldn't have been more wrong.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 12:03:53 PM »
Who the hell is "clark"

:confused:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »
Who the hell is "clark"

:confused:

Real Deal Holyfield duh