Author Topic: Is Lockett the real deal?  (Read 29816 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Is Lockett the real deal?
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »
I love the guy.  He put up great numbers.  He's very fast, a great route runner, and he's a freshman, so he's only going to get better.

BUT it felt like every play he made last year I said to myself "Wow!  I didn't expect that."  Can we start regularly expecting Lockett to be a playmaker?  Last year, everything he did seemed (to me, at least) as a pleasant surprise - icing on the cake.  Moving forward, though, as the sun sets on the Harper era, is Lockett going to mature into the kind of electric playmaker that most are expecting him to be?  Not just "a nice addition," but the heart of our receiving corp?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Lockett the real deal?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »
Was Kevin Lockett the real deal?

Was Aaron Lockett the real deal?

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:35 PM »
I love the guy.  He put up great numbers.  He's very fast, a great route runner, and he's a freshman, so he's only going to get better.

BUT it felt like every play he made last year I said to myself "Wow!  I didn't expect that."  Can we start regularly expecting Lockett to be a playmaker?  Last year, everything he did seemed (to me, at least) as a pleasant surprise - icing on the cake.  Moving forward, though, as the sun sets on the Harper era, is Lockett going to mature into the kind of electric playmaker that most are expecting him to be?  Not just "a nice addition," but the heart of our receiving corp?

I didn't really that there was a "Harper era."  I mean, he's sexy and all, but not sure if he qualifies for the "era" tag.  :ck:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

I didn't really that there was a "Harper era."  I mean, he's sexy and all, but not sure if he qualifies for the "era" tag.  :ck:
What do you have against pocession receivers?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »

You know what I mean, Sam S...Harper is our best target this year, just like he was last year.

My question is, is Lockett ever going to be that guy?  I know he's a slot, but will he ever be our main target?  And if he is, is that a good thing?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »

You know what I mean, Sam S...Harper is our best target this year, just like he was last year.

My question is, is Lockett ever going to be that guy?  I know he's a slot, but will he ever be our main target?  And if he is, is that a good thing?
Yes its a good thing, lovable person, I hold close, and dear to my heart; that I want to PI the crap out of.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:38:24 AM »
The answer is yes.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 02:13:36 AM »
I think so Dlew, I think so.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »

In a word, YES.

Maybe the "best" Lockett.

JMHO.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
Too churchy.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »

In a word, YES.

Maybe the "best" Lockett.

JMHO.
:thumbs: :thumbs: !

Offline username

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
I think he is more Aaron than Kevin.  Good speed, will stretch the field, but not so much a possesion guy.  Aaron benefitted greatly from Quincy when he was there and I think finding a possesion guy who can go over the middle will be a huge boost for Tyler as well.

That said, having a legit deep threat is huge for us and key for Snyder's O.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
I think he is more Aaron than Kevin.  Good speed, will stretch the field, but not so much a possesion guy.  Aaron benefitted greatly from Quincy when he was there and I think finding a possesion guy who can go over the middle will be a huge boost for Tyler as well.

Good points, but I think the thing that is different is that he doesn't just rely on speed. He's a great route runner, maybe the best on the team. Thompson is a really good route runner too though. Harper isn't bad, but he doesn't have the quickness to accelerate through breaks like Lockett or Thompson. Harper is going to rely on his size more which Thompson and Lockett obviously don't have.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »

You might as well say "Hello Curry Sexton, how are you today?"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »

You might as well say "Hello Curry Sexton, how are you today?"

I think you meant Wes Sexton.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »

Good points, but I think the thing that is different is that he doesn't just rely on speed. He's a great route runner, maybe the best on the team. Thompson is a really good route runner too though. Harper isn't bad, but he doesn't have the quickness to accelerate through breaks like Lockett or Thompson. Harper is going to rely on his size more which Thompson and Lockett obviously don't have.

I think Harper will be ok in that role this year.  Hopefully we have someone who can step up the next two and we don't see the decline in production that we saw in Aaron.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
Too churchy.

Bigot.

churchyness is part of his personality. disliking a personality trait doesn't make someone a bigot. At least I don't think it does. If it does then I'm a bigot I guess. Oh well. :bwpopcorn:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 10:36:04 AM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »
Why is 'clams trying to show us how long it took him to figure out the team speedster?  I would think that would be embarrassing for him.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »
Why is 'clams trying to show us how long it took him to figure out the team speedster?  I would think that would be embarrassing for him.
Although it did take him longer than it should have, you rubes are still trying to figure out if he'll be good.  Did you even see the quote?  "Tons of bombs."

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 04:01:17 AM »

Rumblings that Torrel Miller will be a great possesion reciever. :crossfingers:
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »
Torrel is one of goEMAWs favorite players

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 06:43:12 AM »
Let's let a HIQWR guy such as myself give some analysis:

1. TT- by far our best WR. Route running, pure hands and speed combo
2. TTannahill- you'll blast me for this, but TTahill is really good in the open field
3. Clark- when Clark gets here, it'll be hard for Harper to get the snaps he's earned. Clark is the real deal holyfield
4. Lockett- he has a knack for finding the open spots just like his Dad did. But he's not a gamer like his dad was. He is a great route runner, has good speed, but below average hands. He had several drops last year that came at key moments.
5. Sexton- Curry's pretty darned good.
6. Harper- Slow (horseshit 40 time in the offseason), bad route runner. terrible hands. But he's big and has a knack to make big plays.
7. Toe Miller- Toe makes for a great 3rd or backside reciever. He's big and runs a decent route. Showed good hands last year and will only continue to  learn and get better.
elitist since 1994