Author Topic: Another Kstate rule  (Read 2867 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Another Kstate rule
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:16:09 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another Kstate rule
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12387098/illegal-man-downfield-penalty-misguided-some-coaches-say

While I am equally disgusted by the classless, blatant disregard for rules shown by LHC Bill Snyder and my Alma Mater, these coaches have a point. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12387098/illegal-man-downfield-penalty-misguided-some-coaches-say

While I am equally disgusted by the classless, blatant disregard for rules shown by LHC Bill Snyder and my Alma Mater, these coaches have a point.

Our guys weren't even downfield during that game, but if you want to take Stoops' crybaby words for it, knock yourself out.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

While I am equally disgusted by the classless, blatant disregard for rules shown by LHC LHC Bill Snyder and my Alma Mater, these coaches have a point.

Our guys weren't even downfield during that game, but if you want to take Stoops' crybaby words for it, knock yourself out.
Wow, check out the ISIS of NCAA rules delinquency, here.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:06:08 PM »
These are the good type of rules to force to happen. Take advantage of any weak link in the rules and exploit it death all the way to a 9 win season.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
These are the good type of rules to force to happen. Take advantage of any weak link in the rules and exploit it death all the way to a 9 win season.
I think its a dumb rule to begin with... if your stated goal is to make college football less interesting then yes, handcuff offenses more.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »
I think its a dumb rule to begin with... if your stated goal is to make college football less interesting then yes, handcuff offenses more.
This.  and how in the eff are they going to tell on the spot if the OL is more than one yard down field.  Eye test?  This will eff up good plays, stopped by shitty refs.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:04:36 AM »
This.  and how in the eff are they going to tell on the spot if the OL is more than one yard down field.  Eye test?  This will eff up good plays, stopped by shitty refs.

Agreed... They will likely just throw a flag on this play every time it's ran now just assuming IBDF.  So... I saw... we FAKE the fake run pass...  Fake the run... then fake the pass... THEN RUN!!  #schemed.  :billdance:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »

Agreed... They will likely just throw a flag on this play every time it's ran now just assuming IBDF.  So... I saw... we FAKE the fake run pass...  Fake the run... then fake the pass... THEN RUN!!  #schemed.  :billdance:

This is just asking for another K-State rule: "Teams shall only be allowed one fake per down, which must occur within the first 3 seconds after the snap. No double fakes. A triple fake is right out. Quadruple fakes are similarly strictly prohibited" etc etc...

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »
 :dunno:

Tom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 10:51:38 AM »
Well, if even keeled and level headed Mike Stoops is mad about it then we've out ourselves an issue here, fellas.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
Well, if even keeled and level headed Mike Stoops is mad about it then we've got ourselves an issue here, fellas.

Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops is still hot about a touchdown pass in the Sooners' 31-30 loss to Kansas State last season that should have been nullified when the Wildcats had at least two linemen who  appeared to be well beyond the 3-yard limit.

Might be more inclined to consider a rule modification if his examples were actually accurate.

Tom

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
this rule is not a slam dunk

got tabled because ncaa coaches dgaf
i got a laptop now