Author Topic: Boomer  (Read 38417 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Boomer
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
wow, looks like we all need to re-read this thread and go ahead and admit that ok_cat knows more about sports/life than you do.  specifically, cns_casey and wes_mantooth. 

eat a big sooner dick, fellas!   :dance:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »
Ticket to OKC booked. Who is going?  :cheers: :fatty: :thumbsup: :excited: :drool: :drink: :emawkid: :ksu: :party: :dance:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
I was at the game in 2004 when we sent out the punt team sans punter.  And Brandon Archer looked back there, saw no punter, and then was like "welp, that's strange" and then turned back around and got ready for the snap instead of telling the center not to snap the ball.  And Allen Webb got sacked about 30 times. 

That was the day I knew that the DOD was officially over. 

And now it's begun again.  But, since 2004, I basically expect a dick punching every time we go to Norman.  That game scarred me for life.   

DOD officially ended 9-11-04 when Fresno State beat us 45-21--I knew something was wrong when the the TV announcer said that the Bulldog players were pushing around the K-State team pregame.  At first, I thought DOD was still on when we scored a TD off a Fresno State turnover, but then we got a thorough ass-kicking from there.   RIP DOD.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I was at the game in 2004 when we sent out the punt team sans punter.  And Brandon Archer looked back there, saw no punter, and then was like "welp, that's strange" and then turned back around and got ready for the snap instead of telling the center not to snap the ball.  And Allen Webb got sacked about 30 times. 

And now it's begun again.  But, since 2004, I basically expect a dick punching every time we go to Norman.  That game scarred me for life.   
I don't know how anyone talks about this game without mentioning that a guy blew himself up a couple blocks from the stadium after trying to get into the game to blow himself up inside the stadium. 

It's absurd that isn't more publicized.  I GUY TRIED TO BLOW UP A BIG 12 GAME! 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
I don't know how anyone talks about this game without mentioning that a guy blew himself up a couple blocks from the stadium after trying to get into the game to blow himself up inside the stadium. 

The cops/security were preoccupied with EMAW during the game.  :gocho:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »

That was in 2005.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »
Irregardlessly of the year, it was the same as no-punter game.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2012, 01:02:56 PM »
Kameel Jackson dismissed from the team.  Is he any good?

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
All these WR suspensions meant was one thing. The bag of cash that made its way to Happy Valley was a little larger.  :nono:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »

That was in 2005.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing

What if the entire Cat football team would've been killed?  Would we recover?   :ohno:

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:dance:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 10:02:12 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8234820/penn-state-nittany-lions-justin-brown-transfer-oklahoma-sooners-according-source

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bob fixed his WR problem.  Go Bob, go.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19729045/oklahoma-bound-justin-brown-brings-post-sanctions-penn-state-exodus-to-nine

Nittany Lions' leading returning receiver and punt returner, Justin Brown, who will reportedly spend his final year of eligibility at Oklahoma. Brown will be immediately eligible to play in Norman under relaxed transfer rules for PSU players, assuring his new team one of the deepest receiving corps in the nation as his now former team clings to the few viable playmakers it has left.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/52782/sooners-dismiss-wr-kameel-jackson

While Jackson kept his scholarship during his suspension, receivers Reynolds and Trey Franks were stripped of theirs. OU put Reynolds and Franks back on scholarship earlier in the week, but Stoops said they would be suspended “multiple” games.

I reckon it will be two games to make sure it is "multiple".
:dance:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/52782/sooners-dismiss-wr-kameel-jackson

While Jackson kept his scholarship during his suspension, receivers Reynolds and Trey Franks were stripped of theirs. OU put Reynolds and Franks back on scholarship earlier in the week, but Stoops said they would be suspended “multiple” games.

I reckon it will be two games to make sure it is "multiple".

3 thirds games is multiple, right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »
If I were Stoops, I would let those guys serve their suspensions during the second half of games where the Sooners have a multiple touchdown lead.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
If I were Stoops, I would let those guys serve their suspensions during the second half of games where the Sooners have a multiple touchdown lead.

Bobby has thought of that.  Also has them serve suspensions during punts and field goals.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
oklahoma sports radio is awesome after a bunch of bad injuries @ ou

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58:17 AM »
oklahoma sports radio is awesome after a bunch of bad injuries @ ou

thanks for our daily status of oklahoma update, ok_cat. you're reminding me more of haverhill's affliction with iowa every day.  :thumbs:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
weird that oklahoma sports radio talks about oklahoma football.   :sdeek:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »
       Heard on 1350 this morning that a Sooner player was homesick and Bob gave him the day off to decide if he wanted to keep playing or go home......no link

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
       Heard on 1350 this morning that a Sooner player was homesick and Bob gave him the day off to decide if he wanted to keep playing or go home......no link

Believeable, Bob is that kind of guy.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
Ticket to OKC booked. Who is going?  :cheers: :fatty: :thumbsup: :excited: :drool: :drink: :emawkid: :ksu: :party: :dance:
Come on! Nobody else is going to Norman?  :curse:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
You will probably end up getting herpes

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »
You will probably end up getting herpes
As the time gets closer, I will ask for tips to avoid this. Maybe somebody can PM me a pamphlet or something?