Author Topic: Boomer  (Read 38213 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Boomer
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
We're not going to win at OU. My goodness.

Oh heavens no.  But the Kats might be able to stroll out of Norman with a nice solid moral victory like back in 2009.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »

Oh heavens no.  But the Kats might be able to stroll out of Norman with a nice solid moral victory like back in 2009.

That was one of the best moral victories ever -- not equaled until @ oSu in 2011

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »

That was one of the best moral victories ever -- not equaled until @ oSu in 2011
Nothing will ever equal 28-28, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »

Nothing will ever equal 28-28, imo.

That was good, no doubt.  But for me, the moral victory at Auburn is hard to top.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
hey morons, pretty sure bob suspends players "indefinitely" before every season and they end up missing the first half against college of charleston.

Remember that one QB and that lineman that missed Charleston and ended up playing for Sam Houston St?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
hey morons, pretty sure bob suspends players "indefinitely" before every season and they end up missing the first half against college of charleston.

Remember that one QB and that lineman that missed Charleston and ended up playing for Sam Houston St?

newsflash:  Bomar wasn't going to be the QB at OU much longer anyway.  Bradford was waiting in the wings.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
OK_Cat sure is quite sensitive about all things Oklahoma.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
i know it's the offseason and we're bored, but none of those players will miss significant time.  act like you've been there before, ladies.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
sure thing OK Sooner

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »

newsflash:  Bomar wasn't going to be the QB at OU much longer anyway.  Bradford was waiting in the wings.

iirc, a few linemen were made to leave too.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »
It is our time.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/story/_/id/8018604/oklahoma-sooners-remove-jaz-reynolds-trey-franks-quentin-hayes-scholarship

"There's no update," Stoops said when asked about the suspensions of Reynolds, Franks and Hayes. "(They) have been removed from scholarship and we aren't counting on any of them."

:dance:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:05 AM »
I was at the game in 2004 when we sent out the punt team sans punter.  And Brandon Archer looked back there, saw no punter, and then was like "welp, that's strange" and then turned back around and got ready for the snap instead of telling the center not to snap the ball.  And Allen Webb got sacked about 30 times. 

That was the day I knew that the DOD was officially over. 

And now it's begun again.  But, since 2004, I basically expect a dick punching every time we go to Norman.  That game scarred me for life.     

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
I was at the game in 2004 when we sent out the punt team sans punter.  And Brandon Archer looked back there, saw no punter, and then was like "welp, that's strange" and then turned back around and got ready for the snap instead of telling the center not to snap the ball.  And Allen Webb got sacked about 30 times. 

That was the day I knew that the DOD was officially over. 

And now it's begun again.  But, since 2004, I basically expect a dick punching every time we go to Norman.  That game scarred me for life.   

2005 BELVIS, TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »
It is our time.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/story/_/id/8018604/oklahoma-sooners-remove-jaz-reynolds-trey-franks-quentin-hayes-scholarship

"There's no update," Stoops said when asked about the suspensions of Reynolds, Franks and Hayes. "(They) have been removed from scholarship and we aren't counting on any of them."

OKCat is going to take this pretty hard. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
Don't worry OK_Cat, I'm sure your Fightin' Boomers will do well in their other 12 games.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
T's & P's, Ok_Cat

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
John E. Hoover ? @johnehoover
Reports: #Sooners suspend WR Trey Franks for 2012 season and WR Jaz Reynolds for 1st 7 games. Working to confirm.

:thumbs:

The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
GOD DAMNIT BOB

http://newsok.com/ou-football-center-ben-haberns-career-is-over-due-to-injury-concerns/article/3697304
"Franks, Hayes and Reynolds will remain suspended indefinitely from playing in games."

Somehow, I think that reads, "Until the KSU game."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
GOD DAMNIT BOB

http://newsok.com/ou-football-center-ben-haberns-career-is-over-due-to-injury-concerns/article/3697304
"Franks, Hayes and Reynolds will remain suspended indefinitely from playing in games."

No question.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
GOD DAMNIT BOB

No question.

Their superbowl. Can't hold anything back.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:26 AM »
GOD DAMNIT BOB

So he suspended their scholarship status at the end of the academic year? And then reinstates right before the start of the next academic year? I'm sure these youngsters learned their lesson. Pure genius Bob.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
GOD DAMNIT BOB

So he suspended their scholarship status at the end of the academic year? And then reinstates right before the start of the next academic year? I'm sure these youngsters learned their lesson. Pure genius Bob.
Even the sportswriters bury this in the bottom of an article like it is an afterthought. "Nothing to see here except a the dude's career is over (of yeah, all of those guys that Bob suspended, well, that was just for the summer, so they aren't really suspended. You didn't think Bob would really suspend them, did you?"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 06:17:43 AM »
 :lol:  at each and every one of you who thought even for one second that those guys would be suspended for any significant games.

The tried and tested, "We aren't counting on them".

The old protracted summer suspension sit out the first half of College of Charleston routine.   Bob had that one over on the side of the desk, didn't even have to rummage around in that lower left hand drawer for that one.