Author Topic: Hillary LOL (f/k/a Hillary Clinton Indictment Watch f/k/a Hillary 2016?)  (Read 329278 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I almost certainly wouldn't vote for her, but to those who would, I'm genuinely curious: what do you consider to be her accomplishments?

Again, I'm genuinely interested in hearing some pro-Hillary opinions. I don't intend for this to be a food fight. Thanks, and I'll listen off the air.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:15:41 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hillary 2016?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:47:28 PM »
How could anybody know if they would vote for Hillary without knowing who she is running against? This question is very premature.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »
How could anybody know if they would vote for Hillary without knowing who she is running against? This question is very premature.

Many people for D or R no matter what.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
I don't think she'll run due to her health.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »
not sure why anyone would vote for a d or r, they are same party
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
#GaryJohnson2016

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »
i will probably continue to cast my symbolic 3rd or 4th party vote to protest the status quo

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 03:30:20 PM »
i will probably continue to cast my symbolic 3rd or 4th party vote to protest the status quo

:thumbs:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

I'm just asking for perceived accomplishments. Let's not get all semantical here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
I would love a strong challenger against her.  Doubt it happens.  pretty sure she is going to win.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »
i don't think this thread is going how k-s-u wanted it to  :frown:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »

:eye:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »

I'm just asking for perceived accomplishments. Let's not get all semantical here.

Well, she cofounded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, was the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation, and was the first female partner at Rose Law Firm. She served on the Board of Directors at Walmart. She was a US senator for 8 years, and was Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
Laura Bush would be better.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Well, she cofounded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, was the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation, and was the first female partner at Rose Law Firm. She served on the Board of Directors at Walmart. She was a US senator for 8 years, and was Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

Huh. Seems like most of this had more to do with her husband being AG/Governor of Arkansas, and then POTUS. I'm more interested in stuff she's actually accomplished - not positions she was elected/appointed to. Like, what did she do well as SOS? I see she got a law degree from Yale and was an undergrad commencement speaker, so I'm thinking she's pretty intelligent - I'm just trying to figure out what she's got to run on besides holding a lot of positions and being The First Woman President.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »
Elizabeth Warren should be the first woman prez.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »

Huh. Seems like most of this had more to do with her husband being AG/Governor of Arkansas, and then POTUS. I'm more interested in stuff she's actually accomplished - not positions she was elected/appointed to. Like, what did she do well as SOS? I see she got a law degree from Yale and was an undergrad commencement speaker, so I'm thinking she's pretty intelligent - I'm just trying to figure out what she's got to run on besides holding a lot of positions and being The First Woman President.

Yeah. Mary Brownback has a similar resume. All wives of people in power rise to similar heights, really.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »

how blue were your balls since you had to wait 16 posts to pull this out

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
As far as past experience, I think Secretary of State and Senator from NY are both bigger than a lot of former Governors or business leaders who run.  International diplomacy experience and national politics experience are both big pluses.  What did she do in those positions?  Tough to say but I can't think of another Senator from NY or Secretary of State that just blew my socks off either.

I know people that would vote for her because of the role they think Bill would play in administration, whether official or not.  If your point is that she is the D frontrunner largely due to her husband, I don't know many that would argue with you.  She is qualified regardless of her husband though.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »

Yeah. Mary Brownback has a similar resume. All wives of people in power rise to similar heights, really.

Some people have more ambition for political power than others, and I'm certainly not questioning her ambition, but did you just compare Sam Brownback to Bill Clinton?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »

Some people have more ambition for political power than others, and I'm certainly not questioning her ambition, but did you just compare Sam Brownback to Bill Clinton?

Mary's husband as been senator/governor of Kansas for quite some time now. I'm sure she's on the board at Koch Industries or something by now. How could she not be?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »
What were Ronald Reagan's accomplishments?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

Successful 2 term governor of the most populous state in America?

This is how Obama was elected - twice.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »

Successful 2 term governor of the most populous state in America?

How different is that from being a two term senator of New York?