Author Topic: I miss _Fan  (Read 17953 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I miss _Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 11:11:03 AM »
Should probabaly roll some of that Ad money into some sponsored content on instagram and snapchat to lure in some fresh cats blood
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
How many years are we into the Beems 5 Year Death Spiral??  :ohno:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »
It’s time the mods bring in a consultant, Jack Blasingame might be available, I’m on a text string with him, I could inquire
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
I can't imagine being as emotionally fragile as whisker biscuit

T's&p's bud also what was your first name

I don't feel emotionally fragile but maybe i am.  I think this is the reason this place doesn't have more posters.  Who really wants to deal with it?   I think it's 2 things:  1.  OG's on this board have a "brotherhood" with other OG's....they like the people that are here  2.  They think it's funny or enjoyable to eff with anyone on the board that is new, especially those that have a different opinion.    It's effective.  Will definitely keep this place the small, isolated mb it has become.  And honestly if it was mine, maybe that would be the way i would want it.  Might make sense to just quit allowing registrations?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »
I can't imagine being as emotionally fragile as whisker biscuit

T's&p's bud also what was your first name

I don't feel emotionally fragile but maybe i am.  I think this is the reason this place doesn't have more posters.  Who really wants to deal with it?   I think it's 2 things:  1.  OG's on this board have a "brotherhood" with other OG's....they like the people that are here  2.  They think it's funny or enjoyable to eff with anyone on the board that is new, especially those that have a different opinion.    It's effective.  Will definitely keep this place the small, isolated mb it has become.  And honestly if it was mine, maybe that would be the way i would want it.  Might make sense to just quit allowing registrations?
Do you think that most of us weren't PI'd? I mean there has barely been any PI around here for years anyway
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
you have to embrace the process, buy in or quit

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »

No i get it...the PI is part of the hazing ritual.  But to what end?  This board is relatively devoid of any interesting discussion outside of what _Fan (and Posse) brings to the table.  It used to be funny at least.  Who wants to go thru the hazing process only to become part of ..... what exactly?   

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people with bad opinions get really mad when other people challenge them to support or explain their bad opinions
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2018, 12:36:56 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people with bad opinions get really mad when other people challenge them to support or explain their bad opinions

Wow...great strawman here lib.  Well done.   :ROFL:   Keep selling that!  "People don't like goEMAW because some posters respectfully disagree with their positions.  They just can't deal with people disagreeing with them"   :ROFL:

The Big Train

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »

No i get it...the PI is part of the hazing ritual.  But to what end?  This board is relatively devoid of any interesting discussion outside of what _Fan (and Posse) brings to the table.  It used to be funny at least.  Who wants to go thru the hazing process only to become part of ..... what exactly?

Get ITT WB

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=34095.msg1283250#msg1283250

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »
I'm sure there are a variety of reasons participation has declined but I think message boards in general are slowly dying.  Facebok and Twitter are capturing the younger audiences.

During my HS/early college years bbsn' was fun as hell.  Places like GoBig12.com (later Austin360) and Big12Warzone had some great banter.  Later down the road KSUFans and goEMAW picked up the torch.

The biggest factor for my slowdown over the past five years has been the addition of kids and a lack of time.  Now that they've gotten a little older and life has slowed down a bit I have more time to waste on here.  I do think participation from other fan bases would help spark better discussion here.  CU and NU leaving the conference really killed a lot of good material.  Other than KU, there really isn't anyone else in this conference that gives a crap about us.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2018, 12:47:21 PM »
I'm sure there are a variety of reasons participation has declined but I think message boards in general are slowly dying.  Facebok and Twitter are capturing the younger audiences.

Reddit is bigger than ever so I disagree.  Also it shows how old you are if you think those two platforms are gobbling up the attention of young people.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »
Anyway, this was a good board at one time, it really was.  It was certainly a nice respite from Fitz and his bullshit.  I'm sure it's still fun for the core group.  I have a text group like that and we really enjoy each other during games...this seems like it's just a larger version of that.  You don't need me or people like me, you'll always have the core group so i understand the PI'ing and the like.  But not having captain crap, BSAC and some of the other "in the know" posters just kinda makes this a place to chat with each other.  No real good discussions, no insider information, no dissenting opinions, just a place to hang out and bullshit when you want.  That was the whole point of this thread...without _Fan (and the like) I'm not sure why i'm here.  I joined Rivals this morning...haven't dove in just yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.  The site looks nice and they do have some content there so there's that.  Best of luck to everyone on this board!  We're all cats even if we disagree.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
My least favorite thing about this board is that I have been here for years now and I still cannot figure out what "PI" even stands for.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:11 PM »
Private Investigator

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

Reddit is bigger than ever so I disagree.  Also it shows how old you are if you think those two platforms are gobbling up the attention of young people.

Reddit is a different kind of animal.  I would argue that it's an outlier, not the norm.

As far as where teenagers devote their attention, I'm certainly no expert.  Mine aren't that old yet so I don't spend much time with that age group.  However, my wife has taught middle school for the past 10 years and can vouch that nearly all the drama generated in classrooms stems from Facebook, or similar social media, and not message boards.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
Private Investigator

Are you PI'ing me right now?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »
 :lol: at how quiet the sucks are itt
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
Ok, decided to find it myself from Tom's links: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5399.msg116218#msg116218

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2018, 01:25:14 PM »

Reddit is a different kind of animal.  I would argue that it's an outlier, not the norm.

As far as where teenagers devote their attention, I'm certainly no expert.  Mine aren't that old yet so I don't spend much time with that age group.  However, my wife has taught middle school for the past 10 years and can vouch that nearly all the drama generated in classrooms stems from Facebook, or similar social media, and not message boards.

Yea I was just giving you crap, but the kids are using snapchat and instagram.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »

oh yeah there are some great sports discussos on snapchat

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2018, 02:21:23 PM »

oh yeah there are some great sports discussos on snapchat

Instagram too

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »
:lol:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2018, 02:24:32 PM »
"screenshot for posterity"

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:38 PM »
I mean there has to be like hundreds of current kstate dude/dudettes on twitter just killing it with sports takes that could post here but don’t right?!