Author Topic: Have we sunk so far into the abyss that no decent coach will come here?  (Read 10223 times)

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Have we sunk so far into the abyss that no decent coach will come here?
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2018, 08:39:52 AM »
his aggressiveness in his approach to scoring is night and day even from earlier this year.  It's clear he realizes he needs to score. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »
his aggressiveness in his approach to scoring is night and day even from earlier this year.  It's clear he realizes he needs to score. 

Yep, he now shoots 29% of our shots while on the floor compared to Barry's 28%. Its good to see him jump that and I hope by the end of the year he's over 30% for shots taken. His usage (poss%) is 2nd behind Barry, but he's not likely to jump that one because he's not a guard.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »
Kam's first game out, Dean only had 5 shots. I expressed my displeasure with that. I thought Kam or no Kam, he needed to shoot more.  Dean had 8 or fewer shots in 6 of last 9 games at that point.

Since that game, he's put up 14.8 shots per game.  He's attempting 4.0 3pt shots, making 50%.  Averaging 20.0 pts and clearly put himself on 1st team all-Conference

Team Leader Barry got in his ass and told him to step up. He did. And DeanWolf came alive.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Kam's first game out, Dean only had 5 shots. I expressed my displeasure with that. I thought Kam or no Kam, he needed to shoot more.  Dean had 8 or fewer shots in 6 of last 9 games at that point.

Since that game, he's put up 14.8 shots per game.  He's attempting 4.0 3pt shots, making 50%.  Averaging 20.0 pts and clearly put himself on 1st team all-Conference

Team Leader Barry got in his ass and told him to step up. He did. And DeanWolf came alive.
Kams first game out was OSU at home.  Claws played that game with a 102 fever and taking IVs before the game.   Brown had to and did carry the team that night with 38 points and 6 steals. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »

Kams first game out was OSU at home.  Claws played that game with a 102 fever and taking IVs before the game.   Brown had to and did carry the team that night with 38 points and 6 steals.

I know Dean wasn't 100% that game, but he did play 37 minutes.  It wasn't as much about the 5 shots in that game, but the lack of FGAs for Dean over a 9 game stretch.   He's a great player but he shoots a very good eFG.  Past 8 games, shooting almost 15 FGA per game, he is shooting almost 61% eFG in that time. (he's 61.5% for the season)