Author Topic: Who should the new OC be?  (Read 44758 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who should the new OC be?
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »
Offense was fine when we had healthy qbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »
Dimel fell in love with qb power because it does work.  Except it also sketti’s qb’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
I don't think Dimel was great this year.  But there is no denying the success we have had on offense in Snyder 2.0.  Especially when you consider offense as including the ability to avoid turnovers.

I think you might be undervaluing the Del Miller part of the equation

I'm not overlooking it...I'm in total agreement.  We weren't quite as sharp this year, and it probably fair to assume that Miller's absence was at least a part of that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »
We had the 42nd most efficient offense in college football; just behind Colorado State (hi Mike!) and ahead of Ole Miss.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
I want a Ron Hudson clone.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2017, 05:24:08 PM »
Bielma, BV, and Levitt all splitting DC... no idea about OC.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
Since returning to the sideline in 2009, Snyder hasn’t looked outside the program to hire a single coordinator. When co-defensive coordinator Vic Koenning left after the 2009 season, Chris Cosh was named sole defensive coordinator and K-State hired Keith Burns to coach defensive backs. When Cosh left a few years later, Snyder promoted current defensive coordinator Tom Hayes to take his place and hired Mike Cox to coach linebackers. When Del Miller left in the offseason, Dimel took over as lone offensive coordinator and Snyder hired Collin Klein to coach quarterbacks.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article188537744.html

He's also never hired a minority coordinator

:buh-bye:

While this is factually correct the implication isn't fair at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:38 PM »
Since returning to the sideline in 2009, Snyder hasn’t looked outside the program to hire a single coordinator. When co-defensive coordinator Vic Koenning left after the 2009 season, Chris Cosh was named sole defensive coordinator and K-State hired Keith Burns to coach defensive backs. When Cosh left a few years later, Snyder promoted current defensive coordinator Tom Hayes to take his place and hired Mike Cox to coach linebackers. When Del Miller left in the offseason, Dimel took over as lone offensive coordinator and Snyder hired Collin Klein to coach quarterbacks.

It's more of a criticism of college football culture in general than Bill. I mean are there any minority coordinators in the Big 12? (I don't feel like googling the ones I haven't heard of)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_coaches

I think Bill is at least partially responsible for this culture and deserves some of whatever my implication is. All college head coaches do.

Side note, I just learned former Prince assistant Warren Ruggerio is the offensive coordinator at Wake Forest. Cradle of Coaches.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:53:13 PM by michigancat »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:37 PM »

It's more of a criticism of college football culture in general than Bill. I mean are there any minority coordinators in the Big 12? (I don't feel like googling the ones I haven't heard of)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_coaches

I think Bill is at least partially responsible for this culture and deserves some of whatever my implication is. All college head coaches do.

Side note, I just learned former Prince assistant Warren Ruggerio is the offensive coordinator at Wake Forest. Cradle of Coaches.

If we're acknowledging that he only promotes from within there really hasn't been an opportunity for him to do so. He does now so we'll see.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2017, 08:23:32 PM »
Maybe Dimel meant he had the most efficient FIRST HALF offense in America?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »

If we're acknowledging that he only promotes from within there really hasn't been an opportunity for him to do so. He does now so we'll see.

there hasn't really been an opportunity to hire a minority coordinator from within before now? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/CoachMichaelSmi/status/938954431911079937

Coleman move to OC and Smith to WR?
Jesus why do people not realize that coordinators still have positional responsibilities.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »

Jesus why do people not realize that coordinators still have positional responsibilities.
Smith is a good recruiter.  The interwebs say this is important.
That isn’t my point. Why would you move Coleman off of WRs for Smith while Coleman has built a relationship with this entire WR core just because he’d hypothetically get moved to OC. Why wouldn’t Smith just come in and coach RBs or TEs?

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2017, 09:10:37 PM »
Holy moly chill out! I'm just throwing crap against the wall.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

there hasn't really been an opportunity to hire a minority coordinator from within before now? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

What's so hard to figure out? The minority position coaches we've had have been significantly younger and inexperienced in compared to who has held those positions. It's not like we've had musical chairs at the coordinator positions. The only internal minority candidate, before now, who has hung around for an extended period was Michael Smith and he was not coordinator material when he was here.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »

What's so hard to figure out? The minority position coaches we've had have been significantly younger and inexperienced in compared to who has held those positions. It's not like we've had musical chairs at the coordinator positions. The only internal minority candidate, before now, who has hung around for an extended period was Michael Smith and he was not coordinator material when he was here.

Ok, just making sure that's what you were getting at.

So yeah I definitely realize that Snyder never having minority position coaches qualified to become coordinators is a big part of why he's never hired a minority coordinator. I also think it's fair to criticize him (and most college head coaches) for not hiring and/or developing more minority position coaches to be ready for coordinator positions.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »

Smith is a good recruiter.  The interwebs say this is important.
That isn’t my point. Why would you move Coleman off of WRs for Smith while Coleman has built a relationship with this entire WR core just because he’d hypothetically get moved to OC. Why wouldn’t Smith just come in and coach RBs or TEs?

Our WRs dropped an absolute fuckload of passes this year? :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:58 PM »

So yeah I definitely realize that Snyder never having minority position coaches qualified to become coordinators is a big part of why he's never hired a minority coordinator. I also think it's fair to criticize him (and most college head coaches) for not hiring and/or developing more minority position coaches to be ready for coordinator positions.

I agree with this

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:42 AM »

I agree with this

Mo Latimore has almost been here longer than Snyder.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »
the fact that nobody has brought up norm chow in minority coaching discussions is racist.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »

When I was a student at The Kansas State University, I was blessed to get a haircut in the chair next to Michael Smith at Campus Barber Shop. After Roger got done, he handed him a $20 (this was a long time ago), said thank you and walked out. His generosity has been an inspiration to me.