Author Topic: OU Game Today  (Read 9141 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: OU Game Today
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
that first half was so fun and wtfy

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2017, 07:33:30 PM »
that first half was so fun and wtfy
Most fun I've had at a game in a long time.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »
This one hurts. Could have turned the season around. Instead on the same road to mediocrity. Damn.

LOL, we are not on the road to mediocrity, bro. 

Offline Karlen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
This one hurts. Could have turned the season around. Instead on the same road to mediocrity. Damn.

LOL, we are not on the road to mediocrity, bro.

Nah, we're on the road to garbage. 3-4 with the only remaining 'guarantee' win being ku. And to think this season started out with hopes of a dr pepper.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »
We lost in very cycloney way huh?
Not really
Don't be mean mocat.  Let me have this.
Is it better to have had the chance to win and lost than never to have had the chance to win at all?
The graveyards are full of middling swordsmen. Best not to be a swordsman at all than a middling swordsman.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
nightmare fuel

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
What an ugly 2nd half. We were left with the razor thin margin for error again and it isn't working.

The Big Train

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2017, 08:49:21 PM »
The first half was fun.  Those birds were back again.  I don’t understand why we can’t make adjustments at halftime and why we fall in love with the QB run so damn much.  About 2 min into the second half I knew we were going to lose.

I was almost indifferent when they scored the winning TD.  I had no feelings of anger or being super pissed.  It was really weird.  I went into the game thinking we were going to get killed and when the game started to turn I almost had already prepared for it.  Have I just accepted we won’t do crap anymore?  It’s a really weird sensation not being super upset at the way we lost.

The Big Train

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »
I also was walking to my seats and I heard “Big Train!” and it was none other than The King.  That was a pleasant part of the day.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
The first half was fun.  Those birds were back again.  I don’t understand why we can’t make adjustments at halftime and why we fall in love with the QB run so damn much.  About 2 min into the second half I knew we were going to lose.

I was almost indifferent when they scored the winning TD.  I had no feelings of anger or being super pissed.  It was really weird.  I went into the game thinking we were going to get killed and when the game started to turn I almost had already prepared for it.  Have I just accepted we won’t do crap anymore?  It’s a really weird sensation not being super upset at the way we lost.

It didn't hurt as much because everyone saw it coming. We score with 2+ minutes left, have to kick, and we haven't been able to cover or tackle for the entire second half. There was no other way it could've ended, so there was no surprise there.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

The Big Train

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »

It didn't hurt as much because everyone saw it coming. We score with 2+ minutes left, have to kick, and we haven't been able to cover or tackle for the entire second half. There was no other way it could've ended, so there was no surprise there.

Yeah I know but it’s still a weird feeling.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
it was cute when they tried to run the wildcat against us. everything else was not so cute  :frown:

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2017, 10:51:50 PM »

Yeah, when OU scored the TD right after halftime, I said to my brother "If we fail to score a TD or a FG here, we're toast."

Granted, the first half was fun, but that was the only thing.

I'm ready for a change.  Bill, Sean, Hayes, and Dimel all needs to go after this season.

The Big Train

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2017, 06:22:03 PM »

Yeah, when OU scored the TD right after halftime, I said to my brother "If we fail to score a TD or a FG here, we're toast."

Granted, the first half was fun, but that was the only thing.

I'm ready for a change.  Bill, Sean, Hayes, and Dimel all needs to go after this season.

I’m rewatching the game and everything I felt and saw while at the game I’m witnessing again.  At 13:00 left in the 3rd quarter they ran a play at our 15 yard line during their opening 2nd half drive.  Mayfield scored at 12:16 in the 3rd quarter to make it 21-16 us before the PAT.  It was over.