Author Topic: I wanna hear from ‘pub establishment types  (Read 7055 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna hear from ‘pub establishment types
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:03 AM »
Amaze

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:59 AM »
Interesting that a lot Trump voters don't know he ran purely as a publicity stunt and actually gives zero fucks about helping anyone.

Horseshit, but you know that
He doesn't care about being President. He just wanted to be the biggest celebrity in the world and found a way to do it.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »
The country seems more divided than I can ever remember in my lifetime. Not to mention breaking traditional rules (i.e. emoluments clause and releasing tax returns). Could create a bad precedent for future presidents. Also, weakening our alliances. The threat of nuclear war.

Perhaps it seems that way to you, but this didn't start with Trump. You could trace this all the back to the rise of the militant left in the late 60s, but I would peg the more recent breakdown in our civil discourse to Bubba's sordid behavior in the WH. This happens to be when alternatives to the big 3 news outlets really took off, particularly websites like Drudge Report, which broke several aspects of the Lewinsky affair that would have likely otherwise been buried.

This led to impeachment, which made the liberals super embarrassed and angry. And then GWB "stole" the election (he didn't) which made the liberals even angrier. And then 9/11 happened and the country rallied behind GWB, which made the liberals even angrier and frustrated. And then the Iraq war (which most Dems supported) went bad, and the Dems seized their opportunity. And then came Obama, who was way more liberal, partisan and divisive than any other president to date, pushing the country left on divisive social issues, which made the conservatives and blue collar people angry. And now comes Trump, who has not only sharply swung the pendulum back the other way, but won an absolutely gob smackingly shocking victory, breaking the brains of many liberals (I expound at length about this in the Trump Presidency thread).

So, this is been going on for some time, and put this divisiveness squarely on Trump is more than a little unfair. Liberals hysteria and radicalism bears most of the blame. After all, the very essence of "progressivism" is to promote a shift in society. You don't think that sort of change is divisive?

This. Divisiveness is the most coherent plank of the democrat party.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »
The country seems more divided than I can ever remember in my lifetime. Not to mention breaking traditional rules (i.e. emoluments clause and releasing tax returns). Could create a bad precedent for future presidents. Also, weakening our alliances. The threat of nuclear war.

Perhaps it seems that way to you, but this didn't start with Trump. You could trace this all the back to the rise of the militant left in the late 60s, but I would peg the more recent breakdown in our civil discourse to Bubba's sordid behavior in the WH. This happens to be when alternatives to the big 3 news outlets really took off, particularly websites like Drudge Report, which broke several aspects of the Lewinsky affair that would have likely otherwise been buried.

This led to impeachment, which made the liberals super embarrassed and angry. And then GWB "stole" the election (he didn't) which made the liberals even angrier. And then 9/11 happened and the country rallied behind GWB, which made the liberals even angrier and frustrated. And then the Iraq war (which most Dems supported) went bad, and the Dems seized their opportunity. And then came Obama, who was way more liberal, partisan and divisive than any other president to date, pushing the country left on divisive social issues, which made the conservatives and blue collar people angry. And now comes Trump, who has not only sharply swung the pendulum back the other way, but won an absolutely gob smackingly shocking victory, breaking the brains of many liberals (I expound at length about this in the Trump Presidency thread).

So, this is been going on for some time, and put this divisiveness squarely on Trump is more than a little unfair. Liberals hysteria and radicalism bears most of the blame. After all, the very essence of "progressivism" is to promote a shift in society. You don't think that sort of change is divisive?

Interesting take. First, you seem to suggest 24/7 news networks are bad but then seem to appreciate their efforts in the Clinton scandal. I despise them. I think they create alot of hysteria that isn't necessary.

I'm curious why you view Obama as a partisan. Pot meet kettle. Am I right?

Trump seems to be initiating culture wars. Obama responded to catastrophes in a way you might not like but he wasn't instigating the issue.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Obama is and always will be the most partisan pos president this country has ever seen. It took Trump like 6 mos to abandon the pubs and start working with the dems. B.O. was constantly running down anyone who opposed his wtf failure of an agenda.

Don't conflate leftist propoganda with reality (eg, the wall is racist, trump is a white supremacist, trump peed on a russian hooker, etc). Good grief libtards are libtarded.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »
Obama is and always will be the most partisan pos president this country has ever seen. It took Trump like 6 mos to abandon the pubs and start working with the dems. B.O. was constantly running down anyone who opposed his wtf failure of an agenda.

Don't conflate leftist propoganda with reality (eg, the wall is racist, trump is a white supremacist, trump peed on a russian hooker, etc). Good grief libtards are libtarded.

Working across the aisle, clearly.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 12:00:41 PM »
Interesting take. First, you seem to suggest 24/7 news networks are bad but then seem to appreciate their efforts in the Clinton scandal. I despise them. I think they create alot of hysteria that isn't necessary.

Diversification of the media has been both good and bad. Much of cable news and internet news is blather, but so is and was much of network news and traditional print media. The fact that we live in a news saturated society does stoke "divisiveness" but I would obviously prefer that to the liberal stranglehold of the MSM.

Trump seems to be initiating culture wars. Obama responded to catastrophes in a way you might not like but he wasn't instigating the issue.

Obama was massively partisan and the most liberal president in history. He often stoked racial tension by frequently wading into police shooting cases - and getting it wrong. From Trevon Martin to Ferguson to that Georgetown  professor. He engaged in massive abuse of the administrative state from IRS targeting to EPA overreach to the DOE's "advice" on same sex locker rooms to Eric Holder's "justice" department's selective enforcement of laws to wholesale disregard of immigration law. I could go on. And his sole legislative "achievement" is a piece of crap healthcare law that was rammed through without a single republican vote. Partisan? Absolutely.

Again, if you want to know where divisiveness comes from, look in the mirror. Ask yourself what being a "progressive" is all about. You may think the change you are working for is worthy, but that doesn't mean it isn't divisive. And the complete mental meltdown in response to Trump is extremely divisive. Granted, Trump deliberately contributes by trolling the libs, and I can't really blame him - I'd troll the libs to my political advantage, too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:09:05 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »

Diversification of the media has been both good and bad. Much of cable news and internet news is blather, but so is and was much of network news and traditional print media. The fact that we live in a news saturated society does stoke "divisiveness" but I would obviously prefer that to the liberal stranglehold of the MSM.

Obama was massively partisan and the most liberal president in history. He often stoked racial tension by frequently wading into police shooting cases - and getting it wrong. From Trevon Martin to Ferguson to that Georgetown  professor. He engaged in massive abuse of the administrative state from IRS targeting to EPA overreach to the DOE's "advice" on same sex locker rooms to Eric Holder's "justice" department's selective enforcement of laws to wholesale disregard of immigration law. I could go on. And his sole legislative "achievement" is a piece of crap healthcare law that was rammed through without a single republican vote. Partisan? Absolutely.

Again, if you want to know where divisiveness comes from, look in the mirror. Ask yourself what being a "progressive" is all about. You may think the change you are working for is worthy, but that doesn't mean it isn't divisive. And the complete mental meltdown in response to Trump is extremely divisive. Granted, Trump deliberately contributes by trolling the libs, and I can't really blame him - I'd troll the libs to my political advantage, too.

I think you mean the Harvard professor. How was that handled in a partisan manner? He had beer with the home owner and the arresting officer.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »
Bucket, I think you are a good dude with different views, but you are exhibiting zombie tendencies in this thread.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
Bucket, I think you are a good dude with different views, but you are exhibiting zombie tendencies in this thread.

:confused:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »
You keep asking for people to explain conservative or populist concepts that everybody already knows about, if you really don’t know then do some reading on your own,  we’re not teaching intro to conservatism in this thread, sheesh.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
You keep asking for people to explain conservative or populist concepts that everybody already knows about, if you really don’t know then do some reading on your own,  we’re not teaching intro to conservatism in this thread, sheesh.

Actually, I feel like you've explained your idea of conservatism more in this thread than in any other thread. I would like for you to explain more. Again, I feel like the Trump/Bannon idea of conservatism is different than anything we've ever seen. I'm trying to better grasp your ideals. I still haven't heard from you how we bring back manufacturing jobs. What policies could possibly do that. I would strongly support that, but I don't think it's feasible.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »

Actually, I feel like you've explained your idea of conservatism more in this thread than in any other thread. I would like for you to explain more. Again, I feel like the Trump/Bannon idea of conservatism is different than anything we've ever seen. I'm trying to better grasp your ideals. I still haven't heard from you how we bring back manufacturing jobs. What policies could possibly do that. I would strongly support that, but I don't think it's feasible.

It is, I’m just not in to writing long posts about it, I would encourage you to watch Trump campaign speeches in the rust belt, then look for articles about Trump POLICY from people that are not spending every waking hour trying to destroy him.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
The rise of the militant left lol, what a scary boogeyman kdub has invented lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »

It is, I’m just not in to writing long posts about it, I would encourage you to watch Trump campaign speeches in the rust belt, then look for articles about Trump POLICY from people that are not spending every waking hour trying to destroy him.

I haven't seen or heard any actual policy. I just hear how he is the best at everything. I don't put my trust in him so I cannot believe that. Show me policy. Articulate how it will work. I have seen nothing.

So far, what I have seen from Trump is he wants the congress and senate to produce and then he'll sign it. That's the biggest complaint about him, in my opinion, is that he can't sell the deal because he doesn't know anything about it (i.e. health care, Iran deal, etc.). Republicans need him to further sell the deal but he has proven incapable of doing that. He may be in a rare position to talk about tax reform but the initial proposal doesn't benefit his base it benefits the elites.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
Ok I’ll give you the bullet points but I’m not spending all day on detail.

1. Tax reform, and it’s mainly about corporate taxes to encourage business in America that means jobs and wages for Americans

2. Clearing some of the more silly regulation

3.  Ultimately replacing Obamacare with something that will work for a larger % of Americans,  nothing will work for all Americans until we get more jobs and higher wages. 

4. Immigration, our country is inefficient right now because we don’t have enough people working and our wage growth at the middle to bottom has been stagnant.  Until we get back that efficiency, there is very little reason to allow more people in legally or illegally.

5. Drain the swamp (politicians bought off by lobbyists to work for companies and against the people.)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 01:26:36 PM »
Ok I’ll give you the bullet points but I’m not spending all day on detail.

1. Tax reform, and it’s mainly about corporate taxes to encourage business in America that means jobs and wages for Americans

2. Clearing some of the more silly regulation

3.  Ultimately replacing Obamacare with something that will work for a larger % of Americans,  nothing will work for all Americans until we get more jobs and higher wages. 

4. Immigration, our country is inefficient right now because we don’t have enough people working and our wage growth at the middle to bottom has been stagnant.  Until we get back that efficiency, there is very little reason to allow more people in legally or illegally.

5. Drain the swamp (politicians bought off by lobbyists to work for companies and against the people.)

Again, thank you for your response.

Bullet point #1. I don't see how this creates more manufacturing jobs. I believe during the bailout or some other time companies just pocketed the money as opposed to hiring more people and creating good paying jobs. Trickle down economics has proven to be a joke, imo.

Bullet point #2. I'm weary of this because of the Great Recession and the 60 minutes expose' on the pharmaceutical industry.

Bullet point #3. Again, we're in agreement. However, our approach to this may be different. Democrats believe it needs fixed but don't want to abandon it. Republicans want to abandon it. However, there was a bi-partisan proposal that I believe Trump was onboard with.

Bullet point #4. Unemployment is at a very low level. However, I think we agree that higher paying jobs are needed. Sadly with the flow of manufacturing jobs leaving the country people are forced into lower paying customer service posititons. I want the country to focus on innovative job creation while Republicans are wanting to bring back manufacturing jobs which I don't believe is realistic and haven't heard anything to change that belief.

Bullet point #5. Should be and is a bi-partisan issue. Tongue in cheek, drain the swamp.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:30:25 PM by bucket »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
i think we can remove #5 from the trump agenda, he's shown pretty clearly he has no interest in doing this and was just lying to get votes.

i guess you could probably remove #4 too since he already admitted to mexico that immigration isn't really a big deal for him

probably should remove #3 too cause he has no idea what is going on and has no interest in being a leader on that subject.

#1 and 2 so far he's shown he only wants to help the dreaded "elites"

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
man i had no idea (maybe i just forgot?) KSUW is a big time fan of George Zimmerman

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
man i had no idea (maybe i just forgot?) KSUW is a big time fan of George Zimmerman

i think we both know why

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
I think what may be important is the similar concerns despite the divisiveness.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »

Yes, I seem to remember KS having incredible success with this

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/12/tax-reform-in-washington-and-kansas-are-not-same-learned-from-kansas-mistakes-and-made-it-better.html

They're not the same, Trey.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2017, 05:42:33 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/12/tax-reform-in-washington-and-kansas-are-not-same-learned-from-kansas-mistakes-and-made-it-better.html

They're not the same, Trey.

Businesses are not obligated to create additional jobs or increase worker salaries just because they have more cash on hand. If recent history is any indicator, it's that that money is more likely to go toward more M&A, higher C-level bonuses, stock buybacks or larger dividends.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
Are you calling Kansas congress woman, Lynn Jenkins a liar?