Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 216600 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #1075 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »
What do y'all experts think of this Roger Ver character?  And, is he correct in that BCH is a better buy than BTC?

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/962805902763069440
bears are fast...

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
:lol: dis gone be good
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #1077 on: February 14, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
No, he is not correct.  He doesn’t understand what makes Bitcoin have value to begin with.  He is a little crap stain that won’t go away.

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/roger-ver-from-bitcoin-jesus-to-bitcoin-antichrist-69fc7a17c622

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1079 on: February 14, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
TBT do you focus on the non monetary applications of blockchain? I'm in the transportation industry (truck driver) and my company recently joined the BiTA (Blockchain in Transport Alliance) which is trying to develop the guidelines/frame work for using blockchain to track track goods being transported.

Read this pretty neat article this morning.

http://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/news_home/Food_Safety_News/2018/02/The_buzz_on_blockchain.aspx?ID={E2C15DE4-542E-4EBD-B273-DD83B0D904A3}

TL:DR
Executives of Walmart, Inc., Bentonville, Ark., needed a couple seconds to see how blockchain technology might improve their food supply chain.

Walmart first tested its conventional way of tracing mangoes at the store back to their origin. It took nearly seven days, said Brigid McDermott, vice-president of food safety for IBM, Armonk, N.Y., which is working with Walmart on blockchain technology.

Then the same test was done with blockchain technology. It took 2.2 seconds.

Oh yeah I do. I’ve said it before but it’s a truly disruptive technology that can be applied to so many areas. Bitcoin was just the first killer application of blockchain. I’ll give that article a read when I get some time today.

Good article.  It would definitely help with food safety recalls as it says in the article.  Figuring out a consensus way to build the blockchain would be one of the hard parts.  I’ve read articles about the energy industry working on blockchains too.  The entire space is so interesting.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: February 14, 2018, 10:45:31 AM »
LTC  :Wha:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »
I bought 2 @156 yesterday afternoon
:emawkid:
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 14, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »

Your ripple investment at .88 has now appreciated about 25% in a few days.  Time to party.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »

Your ripple investment at .88 has now appreciated about 25% in a few days.  Time to party.
:emawkid: too bad I didn't invest like $300k in it instead of $300
:adios:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 14, 2018, 02:43:04 PM »
bears are fast...

The Big Train

« Reply #1085 on: February 14, 2018, 09:49:42 PM »
So stupid.  This may be one of the dumber forks in recent memory.  LiteCoin has no scaling issues, it’s fast, it’s decentralized enough, has a great Dev team, has SegWit, and cross chain atomic swaps with Bitcoin are close.  Swaps with Monero for fungibility are in the works.  Competing with Bitcoin using the same hash function for mining is dumb.  LiteCoin was created to be a complement to Bitcoin mining, so you could mine both on the same hardware.  Dumb.

https://themerkle.com/what-is-litecoin-cash/

The Big Train

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:55 AM »
So stupid.  This may be one of the dumber forks in recent memory.  LiteCoin has no scaling issues, it’s fast, it’s decentralized enough, has a great Dev team, has SegWit, and cross chain atomic swaps with Bitcoin are close.  Swaps with Monero for fungibility are in the works.  Competing with Bitcoin using the same hash function for mining is dumb.  LiteCoin was created to be a complement to Bitcoin mining, so you could mine both on the same hardware.  Dumb.

When Bitcoin forked, I got an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash which was a nice little bonus...

Will the same thing happen if Litecoin forks?!?!  That would be incredible.

:excited: :drool: :excited:
bears are fast...

The Big Train

« Reply #1088 on: February 16, 2018, 09:04:27 AM »

When Bitcoin forked, I got an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash which was a nice little bonus...

You also got amounts of Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Super Bitcoin and BitCore since the Bitcoin Cash fork.  If you haven’t heard of some of those it’s because they are dumb and not worth your time.  Which is probably what this LiteCoin Cash fork will be too.  To answer your question tho, yes you will get LiteCoin Cash but then you have to find a way to get it and find an exchange that supports it.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 16, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »

You also got amounts of Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Super Bitcoin and BitCore since the Bitcoin Cash fork.  If you haven’t heard of some of those it’s because they are dumb and not worth your time.  Which is probably what this LiteCoin Cash fork will be too.  To answer your question tho, yes you will get LiteCoin Cash but then you have to find a way to get it and find an exchange that supports it.

:thumbsup:

Hmmm.... Now I need to figure out how to find all that and sell it for something more worthwhile.   I'm a big fan of free cash.

:cheers:
bears are fast...

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1091 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »

The Big Train

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1094 on: February 19, 2018, 06:37:22 PM »
OMG! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  you have to look at the tweet that Roger quoted to get the whole picture

https://twitter.com/lopp/status/965635096484102144

The Big Train

The Big Train

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1097 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:13 PM »
This is asinine
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

The Big Train