Author Topic: fall practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay  (Read 24639 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: fall practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
Whoa!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »
Good news about Cre  :lynchmob:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
I mean, we have tried the Matt Butler type thing at LB before and it's just a disaster.  Take a fast dude who is kinda not nice and make him be a linebacker.

I lived across from Matt Butler a couple years after he graduated. His wife was very pretty, and reasonably outgoing gal. She used to come over if I was out on the front porch burning a heater, shoot the crap for awhile and go home. Always during the day though, never when her husband was home. One night my roommate and I were having a few beers on the front porch and she decided to come over and drink with us a bit. She said that Matt was out of town, so she was bored and wanted to hang out. Matt was not out of town, he came home about thirty minutes later, and I've never seen a woman so terrified in my life. She scurried back across the street and she never said a word to us again and we lived there for almost an entire year after that. I get the feeling that Matt might be the jealous type. There's your fall tidbit, you rough ridin' animals.
They're divorced now. They had a kid. Met her several times at Barleys in Shawnee (mutual friends). No reason to worry about her anymore. Sounds like she got out of a bad one with him.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
I mean, we have tried the Matt Butler type thing at LB before and it's just a disaster.  Take a fast dude who is kinda not nice and make him be a linebacker.

I lived across from Matt Butler a couple years after he graduated. His wife was very pretty, and reasonably outgoing gal. She used to come over if I was out on the front porch burning a heater, shoot the crap for awhile and go home. Always during the day though, never when her husband was home. One night my roommate and I were having a few beers on the front porch and she decided to come over and drink with us a bit. She said that Matt was out of town, so she was bored and wanted to hang out. Matt was not out of town, he came home about thirty minutes later, and I've never seen a woman so terrified in my life. She scurried back across the street and she never said a word to us again and we lived there for almost an entire year after that. I get the feeling that Matt might be the jealous type. There's your fall tidbit, you rough ridin' animals.

I too, umm, uhhh, lived in a house across the street from these two.

Dad?

This was hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »

Dad?

Don't take this the wrong way, but god, I hope not.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2017, 08:31:11 AM »

They're divorced now. They had a kid. Met her several times at Barleys in Shawnee (mutual friends). No reason to worry about her anymore. Sounds like she got out of a bad one with him.

That's good, I always worried about her. Nobody should be that frightened of their spouse.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »

Dad?

Don't take this the wrong way, but god, I hope not.

We'll always have 2710.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
No Delton for first game. 

He trippin' so much, fans gonna begin to think he done fell off!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:18 PM »
huh, no biggie. nothing wrong with him long term hopefully?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »
Define long term

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »
It's a high ankle sprain

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »
For some reason there are times I get sad when certain players don't pan out. I think Delton might be one of those players. :(
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2017, 10:45:09 PM »
He's not a pud tho

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2017, 01:25:28 AM »
For some reason there are times I get sad when certain players don't pan out. I think Delton might be one of those players. :(

i do wish they'd considered a position switch. he's never gonna start here at qb so it's kinda sad to see his talent wasted.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »

i do wish they'd considered a position switch. he's never gonna start here at qb so it's kinda sad to see his talent wasted.

I've heard that he was going to be the backup.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »

I've heard that he was going to be the backup.

new jmart forum has a q/a where someone insidery mentions delton/thompson split reps in practice, and that if ertz goes down for any extended period, thompson would eventually be the starter bc he has fewer limitations for the offense.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »
Did anyone have Warmack as the back up? Great drive for him. Thompson looks good as a runner, took two big hits though.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »
Where was D. Heath tonight?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2017, 07:30:41 AM »
Did anyone have Warmack as the back up? Great drive for him. Thompson looks good as a runner, took two big hits though.
Silmon is suspended for 2 games according to Bill's PC if I heard that right.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
Don't think he said suspended, just that he's out for two more games.  Most likely suspended.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »
If Green and Walker didn't qualify/stay, then that leaves us with zero freshman linebackers.

It's not a huge problem; we'll fill in the gaps in their class in a couple of years with JUCO guys if need be, but that's disappointing.

the ish i heard on walker from my guy was "he was asked to leave." not sure if true.

I mean it's not a really big deal.  Some SR walk-on will get a scholarship for his last year now.

The 2018 class is really, really small due to the small number of seniors, so a little attrition isn't a negative considering our recruiting hasn't sucked the last couple of years.

Consistently under recruiting and failing to fill a position of need has worked out well for us in the past. So yeah no big deal if you want a LB group manned by a bunch of Will Davis type players.

Called it, starting linebackers looked slow as crap. Hughes has a good noise for the ball, Sullivan doesn't have a lot of size. I didn't see Patton at all, Walker at safety is extremely agressive.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »
Oklahoma state is gonna score a billion on us

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »
Oklahoma state is gonna score a billion on us

As long as we score a billion and one...

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »
What's the word on Heath?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2017, 11:23:32 PM »
What's the word on Heath?
Idk, but snyder's comment about being reasonably comfortable with the wr corps once they're healthy made me think that he'll be back soon.