Author Topic: Free range bathrooms at school, park, square, let's Go further.  (Read 16871 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Free range bathrooms at school is the law. Go further.
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »
My three year old will go in either gender bathroom. He DGAF.

sociopath, a young ted cruz.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:21 PM »
If it is so that person can feel more comfortable where they are relieving themselves, don't they (proponents of the law) understand that it would probably make at least as many people uncomfortable who identify their own gender as their sex and see a person of the opposite sex in the bathroom with them?

people generally want to not make other people uncomfortable and to feel comfortable themselves.  so i think you can assume that people will generally choose to use the bathroom that corresponds to their outward appearance and dress, regardless of genitalia.

Maybe this will finally mean people talk less in the bathroom. If that's the case then I'm all for it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »
Maybe this will finally mean people talk less in the bathroom. If that's the case then I'm all for it.

a don't ask, don't tell for the masses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »
If it is so that person can feel more comfortable where they are relieving themselves, don't they (proponents of the law) understand that it would probably make at least as many people uncomfortable who identify their own gender as their sex and see a person of the opposite sex in the bathroom with them?

people generally want to not make other people uncomfortable and to feel comfortable themselves.  so i think you can assume that people will generally choose to use the bathroom that corresponds to their outward appearance and dress, regardless of genitalia.

If everyone did this then there would not be an issue and no need for legislation (kind of like the federal government and marijuana laws; "yea it's against the law, but do whatever you want states"). The problem is that once you do something to sanction it you cannot write in something to ensure that it is people who look male/female that use the respective bathrooms or that people have to be sensitive to others' feelings.  If it is strictly that you can use whatever bathroom you identify as then there will be instances where folks are just as uncomfortable as they would be now if the laws were strictly enforced.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »
no need for legislation

that's the point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 10:29:58 PM »
I never claimed to understand what the eff was going on. So currently who uses which bathroom is not a legal issue and some folks are now trying to make it so it is only legal to use the bathroom of your sex?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
I never claimed to understand what the eff was going on. So currently who uses which bathroom is not a legal issue and some folks are now trying to make it so it is only legal to use the bathroom of your sex?

that's my understanding.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:59 PM »
Jobs.  Weasel checkers. Like.TSA.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2016, 11:46:07 PM »
not bad, memphis

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2016, 11:51:28 PM »
Do you get to pick the sex and gender of your weasel checker?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »
Do you get to pick the sex and gender of your weasel checker?

we live in a civilized society, liblib.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:40 AM »
Literally every person in the world that doesn't think a trans person should be able to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with is a bigot, every single one, no exceptions.

I'm still waiting for an argument for the go what you are born as people that isn't masked bigotry. I'm sorry if this exposes some discomfort in the thoughts of some but this is no different than when white people tried to find reason for separate water fountains. It's dehumanizing and if one can't see that, wear the shoe, it fits well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2016, 01:02:03 AM »
I honestly don't understand what these bathroom debates are all about. Both sides frame the issue in such an extreme way it all sounds like nonsense.

What's the extreme way people frame the argument that want people to have the opportunity to use the restroom that they best identify with?

Pretty much what Memphis said. I'm pretty sure I've simply seen it phrased this way "Republicans pushing for anti-LGBT treatment in restroom use."

Are you objecting to the use of the word "republicans" or the phrase "anti-LGBT?" It's definitely anti LGBT and these proposals have all been pushed by republicans. If it said "All republicans..." then I'd understand the objection.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2016, 08:01:01 AM »
Literally every person in the world that doesn't think a trans person should be able to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with is a bigot, every single one, no exceptions.

I'm still waiting for an argument for the go what you are born as people that isn't masked bigotry. I'm sorry if this exposes some discomfort in the thoughts of some but this is no different than when white people tried to find reason for separate water fountains. It's dehumanizing and if one can't see that, wear the shoe, it fits well.

What about those who argue your sex should determine whether you can compete in men's vs women's sporting events? Much overlooked separate but equal aspect of society IMO.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

What about those who argue your sex should determine whether you can compete in men's vs women's sporting events? Much overlooked separate but equal aspect of society IMO.

That's a different argument altogether because competition involves more than one person, peeing or pooping is a solitary act. For the record the NCAA allows you to compete with the gender you identify with but there are different rules and recommendations based on the transition you're making.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »

That's a different argument altogether because competition involves more than one person, peeing or pooping is a solitary act. For the record the NCAA allows you to compete with the gender you identify with but there are different rules and recommendations based on the transition you're making.
So the NCAA lets you compete however you want except when they don't.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
This has been a great opportunity for badass dads to show off how hard they would kill any guy who tries to take a poop where their daughter is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2016, 12:26:41 PM »
I mean some people think contrails are real, too.  Are their views valid?

i meant to push on this yesterday, but never got around to it.  i've seen contrails, am i supposed to believe they are an optical illusion?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »
sdbro is a pilot and air traffic controller and a few years ago someone asked him how to tell the difference between contrails and chemtrails and he said he didn't know because he had never heard of chemtrails. Later he found out what they were and realized that crazy person probably thinks he has a pilot/atc on his crazy person team.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2016, 12:36:16 PM »

in some cases it likely is bigotry, but it's silly to insist that it all is or that it must be.  just a few posts back you can see that catastrophe's thoughts were based in misconception - he was imagining  externally visually males marching into women's restrooms and making everyone uncomfortable.  he quite reasonably, imo, thought that hypothetical situation would be an unnecessary imposition on societal function.  that's ignorance, not bigotry.

btw, the separate but equal comparison line is asinine.  separate men's and women's bathrooms are by definition separate.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2016, 12:37:29 PM »
what's a chemtrail?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »
It's a contrail of mind control gas the government is spraying on its population
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2016, 12:48:57 PM »
It's a contrail of mind control gas the government is spraying on its population
They've hit liblib, Edna, and MIR so far.

(Just kidding guys! Ha!)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:51 PM »

scary.  i hope i can tell them apart from contrails.