Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 765818 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump and Russia
« Reply #1500 on: June 01, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
“There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” said Dan Fried, a veteran State Department official who served as chief U.S. coordinator for sanctions policy until he retired in late February. He said in the first few weeks of the administration, he received several “panicky” calls from U.S. government officials who told him they had been directed to develop a sanctions-lifting package and imploring him, “Please, my God, can’t you stop this?”

Fried said he grew so concerned that he contacted Capitol Hill allies — including Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., the ranking minority member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — to urge them to move quickly to pass legislation that would “codify” the sanctions in place, making it difficult for President Trump to remove them.

Tom Malinowski, who had just stepped down as President Obama’s assistant secretary of state for human rights, told Yahoo News he too joined the effort to lobby Congress after learning from former colleagues that the administration was developing a plan to lift sanctions — and possibly arrange a summit between Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin — as part of an effort to achieve a “grand bargain” with Moscow. “It would have been a win-win for Moscow,” said Malinowski, who only days before he left office announced his own round of sanctions against senior Russian officials for human rights abuses under a law known as the Magnitsky Act.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administrations-secret-efforts-ease-russia-sanctions-fell-short-231301145.html

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 01, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »
“There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” said Dan Fried, a veteran State Department official who served as chief U.S. coordinator for sanctions policy until he retired in late February. He said in the first few weeks of the administration, he received several “panicky” calls from U.S. government officials who told him they had been directed to develop a sanctions-lifting package and imploring him, “Please, my God, can’t you stop this?”

Fried said he grew so concerned that he contacted Capitol Hill allies — including Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., the ranking minority member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — to urge them to move quickly to pass legislation that would “codify” the sanctions in place, making it difficult for President Trump to remove them.

Tom Malinowski, who had just stepped down as President Obama’s assistant secretary of state for human rights, told Yahoo News he too joined the effort to lobby Congress after learning from former colleagues that the administration was developing a plan to lift sanctions — and possibly arrange a summit between Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin — as part of an effort to achieve a “grand bargain” with Moscow. “It would have been a win-win for Moscow,” said Malinowski, who only days before he left office announced his own round of sanctions against senior Russian officials for human rights abuses under a law known as the Magnitsky Act.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administrations-secret-efforts-ease-russia-sanctions-fell-short-231301145.html

It's worse than we thought  :sdeek:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1502 on: June 01, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
"Serious consideration" you guys  :ohno:

"Contacted" other powerless libtards with concerns.  :shakesfist:
 :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 01, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »

Unknown to the public at the time, top Trump administration officials, almost as soon as they took office, tasked State Department staffers with developing proposals for the lifting of economic sanctions, the return of diplomatic compounds and other steps to relieve tensions with Moscow.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 01, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »
 :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 01, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »
Here is what Americans this week were told counted as “news”: Jared Kushner’s past meetings. Russians. James Comey’s upcoming testimony. Russians. Hillary Clinton’s latest conspiracy theories. Russians. Bob Mueller’s as-yet-nonexistent investigation (into Russians). Kathy Griffin, Mr. Met and, of course, “covfefe.” Total words printed on these subjects? At least a duodecillion.

Here’s what actually happened this week, the “news” that holds real consequences for real Americans:

• Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke signed an order to begin reopening Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve to oil and gas exploration, reversing the Obama administration’s ideologically driven 2013 shutdown. The order even aims at opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to production—a move that is decades overdue. This could not only buck up the listless Alaskan economy but cement the U.S. as an oil and gas powerhouse.

• In related news, the Dakota Access Pipeline finally went live.
Why James Comey Had to Go
CLICK TO READ STORY
The House’s Job Now? Keep Calm
CLICK TO READ STORY
Trump’s Finest Moment (So Far)
CLICK TO READ STORY
ADVERTISEMENT
Democrats Get Smart in Georgia
CLICK TO READ STORY
The Conflicts of J. Edgar Comey
CLICK TO READ STORY
What Devin Nunes Knows
CLICK TO READ STORY
ADVERTISEMENT

MORE BY KIMBERLEY STRASSEL

• The Fish and Wildlife Service took steps that may stop the Obama administration’s last-minute endangered-species listing for the Texas Hornshell, a freshwater mussel. That listing, based on outdated science, threatens significant harm to the Texas economy and was done over the protest of state officials and local industry.

• Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross surprisingly said that he was open to completing the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, or TTIP, a far-reaching trade agreement being negotiated with the European Union.

• Sen. John Thune, the upper chamber’s third-ranking Republican, said his caucus had moved beyond meetings and on to “drafting” the base language of an ObamaCare replacement. The No. 2 Republican, John Cornyn, vowed the Senate would “absolutely” have a bill by “the end of July at the latest.”

And on and on. The Environmental Protection Agency stayed crushing regulations. The U.S. tested the first ground-based system for intercepting ballistic missiles. New numbers showed the private economy adding a rip-roaring 253,000 jobs in May.

Who is to blame for this real-news blackout? The press, obviously. But the co-culprit: Donald Trump.

Americans know that much of the mainstream media is biased in how it presents stories. The dirty little secret is that journalists’ far greater power rests in what they choose to—or not to—report. The country is no better informed about exactly how Russia interfered in the election than it was in October, when intelligence agencies issued a statement expressing their belief that Moscow had helped hack emails. Not a single useful fact has since been added, nor a single investigation completed, nor a single official report produced. Until those inquiries are completed, we will have no new real facts. Yet every day, a new Russia story.

Few expect better from today’s ratings-obsessed media. Especially given its new mission of working with Democrats and Never Trumpers to take down a presidency. That means spewing strategic leaks and suppositions, which create new controversies, which are spun into yet more distant scandals. We are these days reading exposes about former national security adviser Mike Flynn’s work for a Turkish businessman, which is utterly removed from the original question of Russian “COLUSION.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-news-you-didnt-hear-1496358236

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 02, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »
NATO conducting huge exercises, NATO told to spend more on defense, the US to spend more on defense.

New McCarthyite (formerly huge make peace with Russia proponents) Logic:  Man, that's really going to help Russia.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 02, 2017, 06:37:21 AM »

Unknown to the public at the time, top Trump administration officials, almost as soon as they took office, tasked State Department staffers with developing proposals for the lifting of economic sanctions, the return of diplomatic compounds and other steps to relieve tensions with Moscow.

Weird, Obama set up all kinds of back channel talks to ease tensions with Russia, and even told them who to bomb in Syria, while unmasking CIA station chiefs.

You must have been absolutely apoplectic bucket.  T&P's.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 02, 2017, 08:31:56 AM »

Weird, Obama set up all kinds of back channel talks to ease tensions with Russia, and even told them who to bomb in Syria, while unmasking CIA station chiefs.

You must have been absolutely apoplectic bucket.  T&P's.

Don't make this out to be some sort of false equivalence, because it's not.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 02, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »
If the Trump team colluded with Russia during the campaign, why was Jared supposedly trying to set up back channels with the Russians after the campaign? Wouldn't those back channels already be in place for the campaign COLUSION? Maybe you need different back channels.... Or maybe the media can't keep its narrative consistent.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 02, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
If the Trump team colluded with Russia during the campaign, why was Jared supposedly trying to set up back channels with the Russians after the campaign? Wouldn't those back channels already be in place for the campaign COLUSION? Maybe you need different back channels.... Or maybe the media can't keep its narrative consistent.

A more formal means of communication, perhaps? What they have alleged so far is that there were a lot of people travelling between Moscow and the U.S. and holding personal meetings with one another. Setting up a line of communication at the Russian embassy would allow them to do this without requiring a courier.

Also, the media's narrative changes as more information comes out, and it has become increasingly worse for Trump.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:31:23 AM by bucket »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 02, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »

For maximum COLUSION
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 02, 2017, 09:44:25 AM »
I know my president isn't russia's bitch.  He will not ift the sanctions and he will not return those compounds.  He is a man, not a mouse.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 02, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »
What exactly are we sanctioning them on?  Like we won't buy their oil or something?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 02, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »
Whatever the obama sanctions are they aren't enough, he was soft on Russia.  Trump will increase them

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: June 02, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
I thought their sanctions were related to Iran, you know the country we unsanctioned and then sent a mysterious plane full of billions of dollars of cash to.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 02, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »
I thought their sanctions were related to Iran, you know the country we unsanctioned and then sent a mysterious plane full of billions of dollars of cash to.

Not aware of sanctions related to Iran. Current sanctions are related to Ukraine, Crimea, and the U.S. election.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 02, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »

Not aware of sanctions related to Iran. Current sanctions are related to Ukraine, Crimea, and the U.S. election.

Yes

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »

You might want to lay off the breitbart
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 02, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 02, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
According to the White House, Kushner met with Gorkov as the Trump transition team's "official primary point of contact with foreign governments" and insists discussions were unrelated to personal business.

A source told CNN in March that it was a "relationship meeting" as part of efforts by the transition team -- and Kushner in particular -- to establish a back channel to Putin, as they had done with other leaders during the transition.

However, the Russian bank maintains that Kushner was acting as the head of his family's real estate company when he met with Gorkov -- directly contradicting the White House's statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/politics/jared-kushner-russian-banker-what-we-know/index.html

This is the KGB trained, friend of Putin who met with Kushner and then flew to Tokyo the next day where Putin was.  :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #1522 on: June 03, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
NOTHING TO SEE HERE GUYS EVERYTHING IS FINE

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 03, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »
$1.2 bill really not that much

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:49 PM »