Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361696 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is there any credence to Tyrion being a secret targaryen?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Joanna Lannister pretty famously died giving birth to Tyrion  :dunno:

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
Is there any credence to Tyrion being a secret targaryen?

Yes

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Jamie better recognize who wears the crown.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Joanna Lannister pretty famously died giving birth to Tyrion  :dunno:

Dragon whisperer tho.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Also Tywin's last words were "You are no son of mine" right before he got murked on the can.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Tyrion is a lannister
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah maybe the mad king aerys somehow got Joanna pregnant despite there being no evidence or hints anywhere, other than the dragons did not kill the guy who took off their chains

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Tyrion is a lannister

I agree, but there are reasons why some people (mostly book readers) believe otherwise.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, so how is it that Cersei was first in line for the throne?

This article from a while back shows she was the heir to the throne...http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/#yrij1B6PKuqj
But only because Jaime was in the Kingsguard. After Tommen kicked him out, doesn't that put him back in line for the throne before Cersei?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Tywin were raising a secret bastard, I think it would be better storytelling if the bastard were Jaime. That way his only real child would be the one he hates. I think all 3 are Lannisters, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This article from a while back shows she was the heir to the throne...http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/#yrij1B6PKuqj
But only because Jaime was in the Kingsguard. After Tommen kicked him out, doesn't that put him back in line for the throne before Cersei?

The Baratheons hold the throne, not the Lannisters. Cersei is a Baratheon by marriage.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The Baratheons hold the throne, not the Lannisters. Cersei is a Baratheon by marriage.

The window of a king doesn't just get to be Queen in her own right. That's not how it works. The article explains that going back in Robert B's lineage, the next available living line is the Lannister line that ends in Jaime/Cersei.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
She has the crown because she has the power, smdh lady gooch

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
If Tywin were raising a secret bastard, I think it would be better storytelling if the bastard were Jaime. That way his only real child would be the one he hates. I think all 3 are Lannisters, though.

That would be one helluva a twist considering Jaime and Cersei are twins  :D

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The window of a king doesn't just get to be Queen in her own right. That's not how it works. The article explains that going back in Robert B's lineage, the next available living line is the Lannister line that ends in Jaime/Cersei.

Well, really, what is she queen of? She can declare herself queen of the seven kingdoms all she wants, but with the north claiming independence and Dorne and the Iron Islands (probably Highgarden, too) allied with Daenerys, she really only is ruling King's Landing and what Arya left of the Freys. She won't have the title for very long.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

look, it was a good episode because there was enough crap happening that the viewer didn't get bogged down in all the illogical stupid crap that transpired.  but there were still heaping shovelfuls of crap that didn't make any sense.  that's what the show is all about.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who on earth is in King's landing to tell her she can't get crowned queen?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
there were still heaping shovelfuls of crap that didn't make any sense.  that's what the show is all about.

https://youtu.be/FpL6Fwu0wkw

exactly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
In other news, think how many houses are gone or nearly gone now. A lot  :sdeek:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Speaking of Varys, dude just teleports back and forth between Dorne and Mereen like it's no big deal.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

look, it was a good episode because there was enough crap happening that the viewer didn't get bogged down in all the illogical stupid crap that transpired.  but there were still heaping shovelfuls of crap that didn't make any sense.  that's what the show is all about.

https://youtu.be/FpL6Fwu0wkw

Why does Varys call Tyrion "Lord Hand"? He isn't lord of anything. Do you get to be a lord just because you are hand of the King?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of Varys, dude just teleports back and forth between Dorne and Mereen like it's no big deal.

Seems like it would have been more efficient to just meet Dany in Westeros.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Jamie better recognize who wears the crown.
i'm still thinking that Jaime and Cersei have a falling out and that opens the door for Jaime and Lady Brienne.  I have thought that since they first met.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Seems like it would have been more efficient to just meet Dany in Westeros.

someone should be there to meet them, since by their relative speeds the dragons should be arriving about a week before the ships.  unless they get tired and drown, of course.  i don't know much about long-distance dragon migrations.