Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 232998 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1675 on: September 02, 2014, 05:59:19 PM »

Schools def could use a HR dept for finding the right ppl and for training.  I personally feel like college set me up very well to understand the macro of my industy, but if I didn't have the formal training at my first employer, after school, I wouldn't know half the stuff I know now about my industry.  Also, I am not a teacher, but the teachers I know all feel like they know who the good and bad teachers in their schools are.  Why can an evaluation process not be established if those in the system all feel like they know who the good teachers are? 

As for at risk schools, those teachers need to be paid more.  A lot more.  I don't know how to fund this, or to decide who gets what, but a teacher in KCK or KCMO should get more than one in Shawnee, for example.  The best employee gets the hardest tasks and should get a higher salary and a better bonus for being the person who takes on such tasks.  Raise the wages and let the individual schools handle the hiring/firing, and it should start getting better in a short amt of time.

Also, the districts need to hold kids and families to a higher standard.  My wife's district doesn't hold kids back.  Like, at all.  If you can't read as a 4th grader this year, then next yr you are a illiterate 5th grader who gets pulled out of regular class to work on reading.  If you can't get multiplication in 3rd grade, then next year you are a 4th grader that gets pulled out of class for math and continues to slip because while you are out, your class moves forward with division, fractions, and decimals.  Creates a product that the teachers can never catch up.  How do you over come that without holding kids back?

I don't know about all districts, but I could type for hours on the seemingly obvious stuff that I would change about my hometown dist.

You realize that this is 99% a political/money reason right?  Add up all the extra years of schooling for those kids.  Also, we have compulsory education with strong penalties for non-compliance, local control is about mitigating some of that state power.  The more invasive and absolute the control the state exercises, even in this area, inevitably the more push back you will find from parents/community.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be a bigger problem than you are making it out to be.

I am not trying to minimize any of the problems.  There are many of them and many are big.  Changing something that has been allowed to happen for a long time is hard as is changing something that is tied to public money and cast in a shitty light for the last decade or more.  Doesn't mean it doesn't need to be changed. 

As for the political/money issue, you won't find me opposing a much better funding plan for education, ever, and this is exactly the type of political sitch where the governing body needs to stand up to those being served by the system.  Everyone likes to say that if parents don't like the quality of existing ed, then go find a private school.  The state should stand up and use the same reasoning for those who don't like having to meet the standards of a more rigid system.

Having a free public education for all is not the same as having the best possible education but if you allow public money to go to a bureaucracy that gets to kick out patrons they don't want, then I don't think you are going to like the result.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 02, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »
Quote from: K-S-U-Wildcats!
(Final) Solution: shoot the black kids dead when they're younger.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 02, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 02, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »
I just noticed live trim spelled backwards is Mirt Evil.  That is all.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »
Mir T. Evil.... Mir sock?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: September 02, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
Mir T. Evil.... Mir sock?

We all look alike, huh?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 02, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »

Schools def could use a HR dept for finding the right ppl and for training.  I personally feel like college set me up very well to understand the macro of my industy, but if I didn't have the formal training at my first employer, after school, I wouldn't know half the stuff I know now about my industry.  Also, I am not a teacher, but the teachers I know all feel like they know who the good and bad teachers in their schools are.  Why can an evaluation process not be established if those in the system all feel like they know who the good teachers are? 

As for at risk schools, those teachers need to be paid more.  A lot more.  I don't know how to fund this, or to decide who gets what, but a teacher in KCK or KCMO should get more than one in Shawnee, for example.  The best employee gets the hardest tasks and should get a higher salary and a better bonus for being the person who takes on such tasks.  Raise the wages and let the individual schools handle the hiring/firing, and it should start getting better in a short amt of time.

Also, the districts need to hold kids and families to a higher standard.  My wife's district doesn't hold kids back.  Like, at all.  If you can't read as a 4th grader this year, then next yr you are a illiterate 5th grader who gets pulled out of regular class to work on reading.  If you can't get multiplication in 3rd grade, then next year you are a 4th grader that gets pulled out of class for math and continues to slip because while you are out, your class moves forward with division, fractions, and decimals.  Creates a product that the teachers can never catch up.  How do you over come that without holding kids back?

I don't know about all districts, but I could type for hours on the seemingly obvious stuff that I would change about my hometown dist.

You realize that this is 99% a political/money reason right?  Add up all the extra years of schooling for those kids.  Also, we have compulsory education with strong penalties for non-compliance, local control is about mitigating some of that state power.  The more invasive and absolute the control the state exercises, even in this area, inevitably the more push back you will find from parents/community.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be a bigger problem than you are making it out to be.

I am not trying to minimize any of the problems.  There are many of them and many are big.  Changing something that has been allowed to happen for a long time is hard as is changing something that is tied to public money and cast in a shitty light for the last decade or more.  Doesn't mean it doesn't need to be changed. 

As for the political/money issue, you won't find me opposing a much better funding plan for education, ever, and this is exactly the type of political sitch where the governing body needs to stand up to those being served by the system.  Everyone likes to say that if parents don't like the quality of existing ed, then go find a private school.  The state should stand up and use the same reasoning for those who don't like having to meet the standards of a more rigid system.

Having a free public education for all is not the same as having the best possible education but if you allow public money to go to a bureaucracy that gets to kick out patrons they don't want, then I don't think you are going to like the result.

That isn't what I was saying.  I was saying that if parents start complaining about kids being held back, the state should tell them they have the right to pursue a private ed.  I am saying the state should be all about holding back kids if need be to meet the needed level before moving to the next grade, cost be damned. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 02, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1683 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:23 PM »
Getting rid of shitty teachers: How do you propose attracting non-shitty teachers to replace the shitty ones?

Same way any organization or place of employment would. Pay the good ones, fire the bad ones.

It really is this simple.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:13 PM »
If you're in the tl:dnr for this exhilarating education debate:

Michigancat and Kat Kid: throw more money at the systemic disaster that is the public education system.

KSUw: give every kid money to spend money on the school of their choice.

MIR: Everyone is racist

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 02, 2014, 08:15:06 PM »
Quote from: K-S-U-Wildcats!
(Final) Solution: shoot the black kids dead when they're younger.

You must be confused. I'm the guy who is opposed to genocide, like the hundreds of thousands of black babies slaughtered every year. You know, the "medical procedure" advocated by the party that receives 90% of the black vote.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 02, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
Oh look, another thread of Republicans vs Democrats. About time we had one

Again, the shooting and it's aftermath should not be a political issue. Democrats are trying to make it one. That's just a fact, and I was just pointing it out.

Yes, always the Democrats (or Republicans) fault.

I was expecting better excuses than just a vague "well, the Republicans do it, too." So far, the best spin I've heard is "just another voter registration effort" and even that's pretty weak. You guys are really mailing it in at this point, or maybe there's just no excusing the inexcusable.

Democrats: Hey black people! Are you angry that Michael Brown got shot 'cause racism? Then you should totally go to the polls and vote this November for us - the Democrats!

Republicans: Wait, aren't the Democrats responsible for a lot of things irreparably harming poor and minority Americans, like mass importation/employment of unskilled labor, stifling school choice, the largest genocide by abortion in history, and destruction of the family unit by expansion of welfare?

Democrats: Don't listen to that pack of racists! We're the party of Barack Obama!

Republicans: We're the party of Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Ben Carson, Alan West, and many other black political figures.

Democrats: Buncha Uncle Toms! You're our voters!

Republicans: That sounds kind of like slavery...

Democrats: Raaaaacists!

It seems like you think republicans have a pretty good appeal to black voters. Have republicans ever made an effort to get this message to blacks? Why hasn't it been successful?

1. Yes, of course they have.
2. Don't know, but I would speculate that it is because Democrats have done such an effective job pushing the victimhood/entitlement drug over the decades. There are obvious individual exceptions (e.g., the folks I named above and many, many more), but unfortunately, the black population as a whole, as a voting demographic, appears to have long since gone over the tipping point due to poor education, fatherless family structure, and dependency on welfare. Americans as a whole may be headed down the same road, which is obviously very troubling.

You are a true piece of crap

"Shut Up," he explained.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:29 PM »
just saw this on reddit a minute ago and seemed relevant to ksu's narrative

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 02, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »

Michigancat and Kat Kid: throw more money at the systemic disaster that is the public education system.

If everyone is comprised of you and KSUW and your David Duke talking points, then yes everyone is racist. And just so we're clear, your racism and political views are very much mutually exclusive. I'm sure mist republicans don't ascribe to the niggers are too stupid to vote and are drawn by shiny welfare checks talking point.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 02, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »
Maybe Ted Cruz's dad can be in charge of minority outreach for his son's Presidential campaign.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruzs-dad-the-average-black-does-not-understand-the-mini#3rfrqko

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 02, 2014, 09:22:25 PM »
Maybe Ted Cruz's dad can be in charge of minority outreach for his son's Presidential campaign.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruzs-dad-the-average-black-does-not-understand-the-mini#3rfrqko

The irony of that stupid ass not understanding why what Democrats were before civil rights legislation bears no relevance to what the pay has been since.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »

If everyone is comprised of you and KSUW and your David Duke talking points, then yes everyone is racist. And just so we're clear, your racism and political views are very much mutually exclusive. I'm sure mist republicans don't ascribe to the niggers are too stupid to vote and are drawn by shiny welfare checks talking point.

What a thoughtful diatribe. Thank you for sharing.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 02, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »

The irony of that stupid ass not understanding why what Democrats were before civil rights legislation bears no relevance to what the pay has been since.

I don't know, the full scale exploitation seems to be ongoing and continuous.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 02, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Strom Thurmond's filibuster.  A stain on the Democratic Party forever!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »
Ted Cruz's dad should try to hand deliver that book to John Lewis.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: September 02, 2014, 09:55:14 PM »
Who was the "non-negro dialect" guy?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »
The lengths the left will go to characterize every statement and policy of the Republicans as racist, coupled with the incessant and self-serving public announcements of which races they aim to serve, should be all anyone with a modicum of critical thought needs to analyze the situation.  Sadly, the indoctrinated are willing to latch on to this group of people in exchange for a few bread crumbs off their table. Then, they wonder years later, why nothing is getting better, and turn to the same people who they thought were helping them for answers.  "It's rich people's fault"  "no, not me, the other rich people"

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 02, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
Me thinks KSU believes African Americans can't think on their own and must be led around by the neck on how to vote and how to live.   

I think it's pretty sorry for him to possibly think such things. 

Could it be that voter purging, gerrymandering, and tougher voter registration requirements implemented by Republicans to gain a stronghold on power has anything to do with African Americans predominately voting democrat?

Do the Lee Atwater/ Karl Rove dog whistle tactics of the 80s have anything to do with the African American left lean at the polls?

What a goldmine of libtard cliches. Good work. Voter purging? I'm pretty sure that means taking dead people off the books. Gerrymandering? Both parties do that, and it sucks. Tougher voter registration requirements? If a country like India can have a national voter ID requirement, so can we. Dog whistles? Not sure where that even came from, but :lol:.

And I'm not accusing blacks of not being able to think for themselves - it's just odd that the black demographic is such a monolithic voting block in favor of a political party whose policies do so much harm to the poor and minorities.

Well, your cliches were just, well cliches. 

My "libtard" cliches as you call it have actually been legislated in.   

And no, in modern times, both parties do not gerrymander equally. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 02, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »
Yeah, gerrymandering is something definitely new to the political spectrum. That and barnstorming across the country in a boxcar. What's next? Debates on live radio?????

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 02, 2014, 10:50:55 PM »
One thing you can bet on is that half Democrat party won't come out in support of the KKK again.  That one cost them a single presidential campaign. Wooooeeey