Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Last post by Pete on Today at 07:19:20 PM »
I mean, name one politician you could trust with that power? 

There is no human that can go through what is needed to go through to be president that wouldn't abuse the crap out of that power. 

Something like 20-30 companies would effectively hold that same power immediately upon the ruling being made.  Is this not setting up the king for a day scenario, but forever instead of a day?

I didn't listen to the argument and don't know what the specific case issues are, but it seems to me like SCOTUS could easily avoid almost all the legal questions involved by just saying there is no way you can consider a president's conspiracy to undermine his own elected ouster to be an "official act" of a president. That is, quite possibly, the most ridiculous thing I could imagine any U.S. court ruling--much less the Supreme Court.

Trump's position is premised on the argument that he should only be subject to criminal prosecution if he is impeached and convicted by the senate, but if undermining the political process itself is part of the immunity then that qualification is meaningless in the hands of a tyrant, who could simply threaten/coerce/assassinate any who would seek to carry out impeachment proceedings. The democratic experiment would be over.

That may sound alarmist, but what I'm actually getting at here is "losing" this case only means that the Supreme Court declines to give clearer instructions as to whether immunity for criminal charges is ever an option for acts taken by a president. There's no way he gets out of facing charges for Jan. 6.

Unless Trump wins, I assume.

There's still the Georgia case.
I assume Trump’s day 1  focus is to pardon himself and friends of any and all federal crimes, and petition the SC to stop that Georgia case.
Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball / Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Last post by sys on Today at 07:19:08 PM »
that does make more sense.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: CHIEFS
« Last post by Pete on Today at 07:13:25 PM »
the scene in detroit looks hot, makes our hosting look completely amateur
The timing was just bad luck. Obviously it would be wall to wall Taylor’s Version if this year was in KC.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: CHIEFS
« Last post by pissclams on Today at 07:07:16 PM »
the scene in detroit looks hot, makes our hosting look completely amateur
« Last post by pissclams on Today at 07:05:43 PM »
college athletics should just stop putting names on the back.  could save a lot of money on uniforms.
i’d prefer that the ncaa issues each player one set of uniforms (home and away) for each division 1 school.  the player can then filter through his/her uniform closet and select the appropriate uniforms for the school which they’re currently enrolled in.  after eligibility, the players will simply discard any unused uniforms.
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Last post by Spracne on Today at 06:46:53 PM »

There is no human that can go through what is needed to go through to be president that wouldn't abuse the crap out of that power. 

Something like 20-30 companies would effectively hold that same power immediately upon the ruling being made.  Is this not setting up the king for a day scenario, but forever instead of a day?

I didn't listen to the argument and don't know what the specific case issues are, but it seems to me like SCOTUS could easily avoid almost all the legal questions involved by just saying there is no way you can consider a president's conspiracy to undermine his own elected ouster to be an "official act" of a president. That is, quite possibly, the most ridiculous thing I could imagine any U.S. court ruling--much less the Supreme Court.

Trump's position is premised on the argument that he should only be subject to criminal prosecution if he is impeached and convicted by the senate, but if undermining the political process itself is part of the immunity then that qualification is meaningless in the hands of a tyrant, who could simply threaten/coerce/assassinate any who would seek to carry out impeachment proceedings. The democratic experiment would be over.

That may sound alarmist, but what I'm actually getting at here is "losing" this case only means that the Supreme Court declines to give clearer instructions as to whether immunity for criminal charges is ever an option for acts taken by a president. There's no way he gets out of facing charges for Jan. 6.

There's still the Georgia case.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: House buying/owning advice
« Last post by CNS on Today at 06:41:34 PM »
Can someone recommend a plumber/handyman in the KC area for a relatively simple job? Just need the faucet in my kitchen sink replaced but I can't get the job done because I'm a beta city boi. I've replaced a bathroom faucet but this one may need to be sawed off since the "Anchors" that secure the faucet to the sink are "sealed" or something..cant get em off.

Vielhauer plumbing has been my go to for quite some time.  They get to us quick and are inexpensive.

I redid my master bath a few years ago and didn’t want to mess with setting my own shower base. I have another plumber I have worked with a lot as well. I had both bid the job and Vielhauer was half the price and did great. They have done quite a bit of small stuff for me. 10/10

Noted! I need some small crap done like flip where the disposal is and the hot/cold are the wrong way so just going to buy a new kitchen faucet and have them do all that at once.

had these dudes out to bid what I needed and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the tip!

Glad you had a good experience. 
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Last post by CNS on Today at 06:38:06 PM »

« Last post by sys on Today at 06:36:37 PM »
college athletics should just stop putting names on the back.  could save a lot of money on uniforms.
« Last post by CNS on Today at 06:35:48 PM »
Damn. Mrs. Stevesie60's favorite player was RJ by a lot. If Buddy leaves we might be giving up our season tickets.

Hang on. It's going to be a fun season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10