Author Topic: Phog Gem Thread  (Read 23943 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Phog Gem Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »
Self is one bullshit no call and a lucky shot away from being forgettable at KU.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »
Real talk I'm disgusted. I'm not surprised at all but I was hoping maybe a one and done tournament would get through to this team and they would act like it mattered. And I'm sorry but I didn't see that atall. Now WSU has the bragging rights and the narrative that we were scared to play them will only enhance. And maybe they're right quite frankly. I'm so disappointed that they completely proved that they were overrated and that a 7 seed should be favored over us. And I'm especially disappointed that Coach Self is doinf nothing other than perpetuating that Kansas is indeed chokers. Cause we we are and I'm done defending it or arguing against it. We and Bill Self are huge ******* chokers. The proof is there for everyone to see.

This has easily been the worst coaching season by Self. I mean every word of that, mailing it in for various halves, calling timeouts way too late, playing guys who are f'ing up way too much, not playing guys who should clearly be playing (Svi and Mickelson), go ahead and defend him all you want, but if we got this season out of Roy we would have been all over him for it.

Am more irritated at committee for creating this narrative and this ridiculously challenging second round game than anything that the Hawks did or didn't do.  That's the bs in all of this.

He's a good coach who has been inflated by two big breaks: The kid from Davidson missing that shot in 2008 and Kendall Marshall getting hurt in 2012. The crackdown on physical play has hurt him, as has the one-and-done era. His inability to recruit point guards has been perhaps his biggest downfall in recent years.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
This has easily been the worst coaching season by Self. I mean every word of that, mailing it in for various halves, calling timeouts way too late, playing guys who are f'ing up way too much, not playing guys who should clearly be playing (Svi and Mickelson), go ahead and defend him all you want, but if we got this season out of Roy we would have been all over him for it.

The best part about this one is that the guy created a thread for it titled "One star me to death..."

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
Funny how just a week ago almost no one over there would fire Self for Cal

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »
Funny how just a week ago almost no one over there would fire Self for Cal

They probably still don't want Cal.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
Self vs. Seed
8:16 PM
(5 votes)

In 12 years Self has exceeded his seed twice and played to his seed twice.  The other 8 times he has played below his seed, Six of those 8 times Self has actually lost 2 games early.  The last 3 years that has been the case.  It's becoming a pretty bad trend.  He looks tight and his teams play tight.  I wonder how this compares to other elite coaches.

Seasons over.  Time to get behind football.  I think we have a really good young coach.  It's going to take a while but he's going to get us going in the right direction.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
This is starting to remind me of Mike Shanahan's last few years in Denver. Sometimes things just get stale.[/quote

Maybe Self will run off to the NBA when his kid graduates. Too bad Larry Brown is closing in on 80 years old.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:19 PM »
Locker room areas
7:58 PM
(1 vote)

Does anyone have any footage this year of self and Marshall interacting behind the scenes? I want to see if self silver backed Marshall off the court. That really showed that self is th better man and concerned about what matters in a basketball team.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »
Self is one bullshit no call and a lucky shot away from being forgettable at KU.

eh his amount of big 12 trophies would keep him from being forgettable.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »

I was just assuming that was C/P'd off of Phog.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »

I was just assuming that was C/P'd off of Phog.

my bad. that makes a lot more sense.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Locker room areas
7:58 PM
(1 vote)

Does anyone have any footage this year of self and Marshall interacting behind the scenes? I want to see if self silver backed Marshall off the court. That really showed that self is th better man and concerned about what matters in a basketball team.
Silver backed?

Is that like a chicken wing?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Well, this proves it.
8:15 PM
(14 votes)

Big 12 was weak this year, and the only reason we won league was because we sucked a little less than everyone else.   1 star away.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
Its clear that Self needs to get back to recruiting nothing but hard nosed players that give 110% all the time. His teams at Illinois were so much fun to watch...the 08 team was built that way and so was the Releford/Reed team that made it to the title game.

--

We are more talented most tourneys but lose more than we should for some reason.

--
FWIW, I witnessed in person one of West Virginia's reserve bigs come off the floor and tell the entire bench "they soft as hell!" during the game at AFH this year. That pretty much confirmed what j had believed.

KU hasn't won the last two Big 12 titles. Allen Fieldhouse has.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »
So what is the point of the ridiculous schedule?
6:58 PM
(5 votes)

2 years in a row, the "most brutal schedule ever," and 2 years in a row, we get bounced in the 2nd round.

Play the Champions Classic game, a Thanksgiving tournament, your Big 12/SEC game, and schedule cupcakes the rest of the non-con. If we are going to get bounced early, we might as well be 33-4 instead of 28-9.

What exactly is the point if it doesn't pay off in March?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 08:39:56 PM »
Well, this proves it.
8:15 PM
(14 votes)

Big 12 was weak this year, and the only reason we won league was because we sucked a little less than everyone else.   1 star away.

oh this is great
emaw

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
They can't appreciate how good they have it with Self. They're disgusting.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »
They deserve oscar.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 09:15:20 PM »
Am more irritated at committee for creating this narrative and this ridiculously challenging second round game than anything that the Hawks did or didn't do.  That's the bs in all of this.

These are my favorite

Wichita State is a legit top 15 team this year, that got seeded at 7 because the committee is creating storylines like it's WWE.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
Self vs. Seed
8:16 PM
(5 votes)

In 12 years Self has exceeded his seed twice and played to his seed twice.  The other 8 times he has played below his seed, Six of those 8 times Self has actually lost 2 games early.  The last 3 years that has been the case.  It's becoming a pretty bad trend.  He looks tight and his teams play tight.  I wonder how this compares to other elite coaches.

Seasons over.  Time to get behind football.  I think we have a really good young coach.  It's going to take a while but he's going to get us going in the right direction.

In 2012, Purdue choked away the Rd of 32 game late vs Ku. Had the ball and 3 pt lead with about 1 min left, and totally pissed down their leg

If they don't, Ku in the past 6 yrs, would have been bounced 4x in Rd of 32 as a 1/2 seed, lost in Sweet16 as a 1 seed, and let a 11 seed beat you as a 1 seed in the Elite 8.  Which would have meant that Ku would have gotten 3 wins beyond the 1st Rd in 6 years as a 1 or 2 seed.   

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
Izzo is 13-1 in rd of 32 games.  He's 8-4 in Sweet 16, and 6-2 in Elight 8.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »
The quote is about the Gregg Marshall presser.

Says after today he's fine with the series just like it is- in other words he's cool and so is every WSU fan on the globe, with not playing KU, that way they can thump their chests for another 24 years!! Guess what WSU fan and GM- I'm fine with not paying your asse$ either- if you want to hang your program's hat on this win- do it

I always love when people post things like a$$.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »

Izzo is 13-1 in rd of 32 games.  He's 8-4 in Sweet 16, and 6-2 in Elight 8.

Holy crap that is amazing

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »
What does wsu stand to gain from playing a team like ku?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd