Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 115392 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
then theres this guy:

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

MIR, am I remembering right that you are a Phoenix fan? If so, may I ask why? Other than the distant Jets history, it seems like an odd team to root for

It pretty much goes back to being a Winnipeg Jets fan when they had Keith Tkachuk, Teemu Selanne, and Shane Doan. My first NHL game was their first year in Phoenix, December of 1996 against Vancouver, two days before the Cotton Bowl against BYU.

Cool, thanks. I'm always interested to see how/why people become fans of certain teams that seem a little strange
:adios:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very similar reason to why I'm a Blues fan. First game I saw in person was a Blues/'Yotes game in St. Louis. It ended being an incredibly fun, intense game and I fell in love with the Blues' style of play. Also part of the reason the 'Yotes are one of my secondary favorites.

Also thee Blues history is also very entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about their past once I started following them.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Sounds like a sweet game 8mp, I bet you get hooked
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
thats a sick sweater, MIR.

here are a few of my favorites...

The old stars sweaters are so ugly, you should have went with a north stars sweater

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very similar reason to why I'm a Blues fan. First game I saw in person was a Blues/'Yotes game in St. Louis. It ended being an incredibly fun, intense game and I fell in love with the Blues' style of play. Also part of the reason the 'Yotes are one of my secondary favorites.

Also thee Blues history is also very entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about their past once I started following them.

I like the Blues too, I have a mp3 of their old goal horn. You're right they have a very interesting history, the checkerdome  :love:

I had a 60+ female blues fan hit me after the Coyotes beat the Blues in a playoff game 15 years ago.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yandle to the Rangers :sdeek:

At least you got Duclair back

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I like the Blues too, I have a mp3 of their old goal horn. You're right they have a very interesting history, the checkerdome  :love:

I had a 60+ female blues fan hit me after the Coyotes beat the Blues in a playoff game 15 years ago.

Missed this post.

Im really sad I can never see a game in the Checkerdome, the stories of it are fantastic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Did the Rangers need more scoring though? Yandle is a total disaster defensively, a nightmare.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Did the Rangers need more scoring though? Yandle is a total disaster defensively, a nightmare.

Yea, I don't know. This will be an interesting one to watch. Anything less than a Cup in the next couple years probably has to be considered a failure for them considering all they've given up for Nash, St. Louis, and now Yandle.

I'd have loved Yandle on the Blues, but he'd have been pretty redundant once Shattenkirk gets back and that price would have been way to steep. If he gets healthy and plays I think Michalek will be a good fit at a much better price.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Saw this on a Blues message board and got a little chuckle

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's funny. Yandle is flashy but I like Z much better as a defenseman. He's solid on the blue line again nothing flashy, although he won't need to for the Blues he can log a million minutes and he is very good on the kill.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's funny. Yandle is flashy but I like Z much better as a defenseman. He's solid on the blue line again nothing flashy, although he won't need to for the Blues he can log a million minutes and he is very good on the kill.

I agree on Michalek. If him and Shattenkirk are both healthy come playoff time and Lindbohm keeps up his solid play, the Blues may have the best D corp in the league from 1-6. Then add in a solid top 6 guy like Jackman and 2 serviceable depth guys in Butler and Bortuzzo and that depth is filthy. That will come in handy when the Blues have their annual MASH unit the last week of the season.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In big league hockey news LA is currently down 2-0 in a game that, if they lose in regulation, they are eliminated :emawkid: <----- in every NHL team color but black and silver

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Typical coyote trash

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Suck it Kings :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sharks, Kings, and likely either the Pens or Bs; WOW

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probably 7 of last year 16 playoff qualifiers won't make it with half of the West being different, crazy.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)
« Reply #744 on: April 10, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
I really thought the Stars would be a playoff team again this year, but it's hard to outscore Lehtonen playing the part of "open net" for one period each game at the AAC.

Gonna go down for the season finale tomorrow night, though and watch Captain Jamie Benn try to win the Art Ross Trophy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:11:26 AM by Bookie Pimp »
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probably 7 of last year 16 playoff qualifiers won't make it with half of the West being different, crazy.

If the B's don't make it last season's stanley cup champion and the president's trophy winner will be out. Although I'm sure I share the opinion of the world in hoping that the B's get in and the Pens are out. I think Bruins and Rangers in the first round would be fun. In both conferences what was formally known as the #1 seed will be in for a battle.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »
i haven't looked at the east at all.  how are the wings and lightning looking?  all other east teams can die in a fire.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 12, 2015, 12:10:58 AM »
I really thought the Stars would be a playoff team again this year, but it's hard to outscore Lehtonen playing the part of "open net" for one period each game at the AAC.

Gonna go down for the season finale tomorrow night, though and watch Captain Jamie Benn try to win the Art Ross Trophy.

:Woot:   :emawkid:   :Woot:
bears are fast...

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 14, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »
I'm ready for the lightning to win their 2nd Stanley Cup 

You just can't beat the NHL playoffs. Best postseason in all of organized sport.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 14, 2015, 05:28:19 PM »
I'm ready for the lightning to win their 2nd Stanley Cup 

You just can't beat the NHL playoffs. Best postseason in all of organized sport.

Blues year, though a TB/Blues final would be ideal.

But yes, best postseason. Also best championship celebration by a longshot