Author Topic: BMack keeps dropping in the draft  (Read 19494 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: BMack keeps dropping in the draft
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
What a sick eff.  Trying to stroke her out for inheritance?  Drugged his way through his signing bonus, I bet.  Desperate. 

Bill's wake is full of damaged desperate ppl.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
So disturbing.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »
lol, after all that Beems links BleacherReport, who still only gave it an A-. I figured the steal of the draft would be an A.

Not trolling here, B-Mac can't create his own shot. He's got great 3pt% and amazing ability to dunk (when he's on a breakaway and no one can get in front of him) and he disappears for games. He's fun to watch but he's not somebody who's going to take over a game and win it for you (unless you get him open a bunch of times outside the 3pt line).

They gave Sacramento an overall grade on their draft, not just McLemore.  You 'taters are so bitter and butthurt that you can't even think straight anymore. 

Tell me which part of my analysis is wrong.

Pretty much all of your analysis is weak.  You say that McLemore can't create his own shot, when in fact he has the ability to hit the pull up jumpshot and get to the rim with authority.  You say McLemore can't take over a game, when in fact he scored 30+ points three different times last year (including 30 at home vs. K-State).  The kid was playing his first year of college basketball last season... of course he was going to be inconsistent at times.  Even at that, McLemore set the all-time KU scoring record for a freshman, while shooting over 43% from 3-point range, 87% from the free throw line, and close to 50% from the floor.  You can't coach shooting ability, and you can't coach athleticism.  McLemore has the raw ability to be an all-star in the NBA someday.  It's just a matter of time before his potential is realized.

https://deadspin.com/a-very-depressing-nba-trade-1827660013

"It’s sort of uncomfortably paradoxical, but McLemore is working on—completing, soon, probably—one of the most forgettable careers by a top-10 pick in history. (Which will not remember him.) Finishing as a runner-up in the dunk contest in his rookie season* almost certainly is the peak of his time in the NBA; it hasn’t been all downhill from there so much as it’s been all flat and featureless, like Kansas. McLemore’s best pro season was his second: He mustered a personal-best 12.1 points per game—the only time he’s averaged double-digits over a season—and finished, for the only time (so far?) in his career, with a VORP that didn’t have a minus-sign in front of it. Last season, as a relatively low-risk speculative reclamation project in Memphis, he was as terrible as he’s ever been; his scoring average was a career-worst 7.5 per game, and his .526 true shooting percentage ranked 324th in the league. He has (had?) a really nice first step, good elevation on his jumper, and by all appearances absolutely zero interest in being any kind of professional basketball player."