Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder  (Read 13120 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: LHC Bill Snyder
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
you can't name a coach that ron retained either dumbass.  when I counter your argument with a logical explanation as to why youre a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) it doesn't make your point better.

So you're saying I don't have evidence as to why Prince was better, but you also have no evidence as to why Snyder is better? Even if Prince didn't retain his assistant coaches, Snyder never even had one. How are you saying Snyder is better?
here is the problem.  I'm providing point where Snyder had better coaches and you counter with that was 1.0.  That is horseshit argumentation.  You can't have a logical argument where you attempt to frame it so that all examples that disprove your argument are excluded.  and at the end of the day Coch>>Tis as (I think) Chin proved with his stats about defense production.  
That was before the last two games.  :frown:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
you can't name a coach that ron retained either dumbass.  when I counter your argument with a logical explanation as to why youre a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) it doesn't make your point better.

So you're saying I don't have evidence as to why Prince was better, but you also have no evidence as to why Snyder is better? Even if Prince didn't retain his assistant coaches, Snyder never even had one. How are you saying Snyder is better?
here is the problem.  I'm providing point where Snyder had better coaches and you counter with that was 1.0.  That is horseshit argumentation.  You can't have a logical argument where you attempt to frame it so that all examples that disprove your argument are excluded.  and at the end of the day Coch>>Tis as (I think) Chin proved with his stats about defense production.  
That was before the last two games.  :frown:

*awaits complete statistical recap of entire season 1hr post game* *slacker*
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
The Prince vs Snyder thing/comparing two mediocre coaching staffs is silly.  

1) We are stuck in football limbo right now, I won't deny that.

2) We aren't going to fire Snyder, at least not now.

3) Our only hope (probably slim) is to find a viable DC replacement with head coach potential (Leavitt most realistic candidate).

4) If that doesn't happen, we have to hope that Snyder gets tired of the 2nd tenure in a year or two at most.

5) Then hope Curry has a valid plan to make football competitive/viable again.

But again, I can't support even a sarcastic Prince return.  That's even more painful to me than what we've seen this year, not that we saw good football.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »

More so my point is this: Any other coach who would have done exactly what Snyder did the past two years would be close to being fired, maybe have one more year to really turn things around. The only reason Snyder will never get fired is because of what he did his first go-around, and you are proving that by looking at all the things he did back then, such as hiring Stoops, Mangino, Leavitt, Venables, etc. and saying he is a good coach now because of it. He hasn't done anything like that this time, and is recruiting worse than he used to. I'm messing with you by saying that I would prefer Prince, but it's hard to think we'd be worse off. I do think Prince, in this position, would fire Cosh. In that sense, he would do what is best for the team. Do you honestly think Snyder will fire Cosh?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

here is the problem.  I'm providing point where Snyder had better coaches and you counter with that was 1.0.  That is horsecac argumentation.  You can't have a logical argument where you attempt to frame it so that all examples that disprove your argument are excluded.  and at the end of the day Coch>>Tis as (I think) Chin proved with his stats about defense production.  

More so my point is this: Any other coach who would have done exactly what Snyder did the past two years would be close to being fired, maybe have one more year to really turn things around. The only reason Snyder will never get fired is because of what he did his first go-around, and you are proving that by looking at all the things he did back then, such as hiring Stoops, Mangino, Leavitt, Venables, etc. and saying he is a good coach now because of it. He hasn't done anything like that this time, and is recruiting worse than he used to. I'm messing with you by saying that I would prefer Prince, but it's hard to think we'd be worse off. I do think Prince, in this position, would fire Cosh. In that sense, he would do what is best for the team. Do you honestly think Snyder will fire Cosh?

You have to take into account that LHC Bill Snyder has his name on the stadium and is the only coach that has or ever will win at Kansas State University.  So, he kind of gets a free pass for eternity on everything football related.

Time to all pull ourselves out of the glory hole of insanity here.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »

good points, lets get some good discussion

Yes you have to frame his coaching with respect to what he did before, but you can't let it blind you.

Prince walked in to a .500ish big12 team his first year and drove it into the ground.  Prince destroyed recruiting ties which took years to build and years to reconstruct.  Prince ran off any good coach that was a threat to his ego and anyone that challenged him. So to include his assistants in this argument should actually be a negative to Prince rather then a positive, because he aggressively made them go away.  
Bill has moved into a team with terrible recruiting ties and nothing left in the cupboard, unlike princes situation.  Bill and his crap defense have been on the brink of a north title, bowl bound, and had significant improvement in recruiting.  I say the last part because I AM INCLUDING transfers into this program.  To excluded them is ignorant of the methods and conducts of college athletics.

If Bill doesn't fire Cosh, my Ahearn fund donation is going away.  Its not much but its a start and I feel sends some message.  I contribute to winning programs and coaches and Cosh isn't getting it done.  If Currie sees enough cancellations then I hope he realizes he needs to act.  If Bill wants to  :ck: when Curries fires Cosh in front of him and play it off I'm fine with that.  But Bill needs to do it himself.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »
RAW DE (for those who care)

2010 : 31.3
2009 : 27.7
2008 : 34.8
2007 : 31.6
2006 : 27.0

Unfortunately, this year we played offenses that were much weaker than in 2008 and 2007.  If adjusted for SOS (which I don't have time to do right now) I have little doubt this years defense is the worst.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »
what does DE stand for? (sorry)

I'm going to a movie so I will check in later.

Do you think LSUfreak takes requests?  Chop old yeller to have Bll as the kid, Currie as the mom and Cosh as old yeller.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »
Good post by Goodforanother on TOS.

GoodForAnother

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #19118
The Little Apple
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I'm a diehard, but also a realist   Reply
The diehard in me wants to blame the entire game on a bad call, but the realist in me sees that we gave up 11 yards per pass and 6 yards per rush, and let the opponent go 8-14 on third down conversions. That's not going to get it done against anyone -- with the possible exception of Turner Gill's Fightin' Jawhawks.

This offseason is going to tell us how it's going to work out with Snyder. My personal hope is that he drops or demotes Cosh, and brings in someone worthwhile. It will be telling if he does not. If we don't get a competent defensive staff in place before Coach retires, we are going to be in the same position we were in 2005, with very little stability for the incoming coach and very little credibility to make a big hire. This is going to be big for our football program.

I could also be wrong, and maybe Chris Cosh is secretly an amazing defensive coordinator and this season was all somehow Jesse Tetuan's fault -- however I think most will agree that we would like a new defensive coordinator.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
Hay guys! Everyone knows you don't want to be the guy after THE guy...so why not go for the guy BEFORE the guy?  who's ready for some more Stan Parrish?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »
Good post by Goodforanother on TOS.

GoodForAnother

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #19118
The Little Apple
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I'm a diehard, but also a realist   Reply
The diehard in me wants to blame the entire game on a bad call, but the realist in me sees that we gave up 11 yards per pass and 6 yards per rush, and let the opponent go 8-14 on third down conversions. That's not going to get it done against anyone -- with the possible exception of Turner Gill's Fightin' Jawhawks.

This offseason is going to tell us how it's going to work out with Snyder. My personal hope is that he drops or demotes Cosh, and brings in someone worthwhile. It will be telling if he does not. If we don't get a competent defensive staff in place before Coach retires, we are going to be in the same position we were in 2005, with very little stability for the incoming coach and very little credibility to make a big hire. This is going to be big for our football program.

I could also be wrong, and maybe Chris Cosh is secretly an amazing defensive coordinator and this season was all somehow Jesse Tetuan's fault -- however I think most will agree that we would like a new defensive coordinator.

Squawk!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
".500ish" Big 12 team?

Last I checked, 2-6 is not ".500ish".

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »

good points, lets get some good discussion

Yes you have to frame his coaching with respect to what he did before, but you can't let it blind you.

Prince walked in to a .500ish big12 team his first year and drove it into the ground.  Prince destroyed recruiting ties which took years to build and years to reconstruct.  Prince ran off any good coach that was a threat to his ego and anyone that challenged him. So to include his assistants in this argument should actually be a negative to Prince rather then a positive, because he aggressively made them go away.  
Bill has moved into a team with terrible recruiting ties and nothing left in the cupboard, unlike princes situation.  Bill and his crap defense have been on the brink of a north title, bowl bound, and had significant improvement in recruiting.  I say the last part because I AM INCLUDING transfers into this program.  To excluded them is ignorant of the methods and conducts of college athletics.

If Bill doesn't fire Cosh, my Ahearn fund donation is going away.  Its not much but its a start and I feel sends some message.  I contribute to winning programs and coaches and Cosh isn't getting it done.  If Currie sees enough cancellations then I hope he realizes he needs to act.  If Bill wants to  :ck: when Curries fires Cosh in front of him and play it off I'm fine with that.  But Bill needs to do it himself.

I don't really agree with the "ruining recruiting ties" thing. I'm pretty sure all of the people involved in those ties are aware that Prince is no longer here, and that they are completely different people for that matter. I don't completely discredit JUCO transfers, but there is something to be said for only having them 2 years and the fact that the reason they are in JUCO is because they are near Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). This is why during the DOD we got so many penalties. Our players are all JUCO transfers who can't remember the snap count or don't know how to block without grabbing onto the opponents' jerseys. And I don't agree with the "significant improvement in recruiting". Look at how much more Gill is bringing in than we are.

I hope Currie will give a hint-hint nudge-nudge to Snyder about firing Cosh next week when Snyder still hasn't announced it, but that's all I expect him to do. I don't think he has enough confidence to stand up to the face of K-Stateo football and is worried about who the boosters will choose once they are forced to pick a side. I was originally in the boat that only Cosh needed to go, but now I think Snyder is the cancer.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
".500ish" Big 12 team?

Last I checked, 2-6 is not ".500ish".
shhhh

back to back last place finishes in the North are a secret!  

Offline Arthur Carlson

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
At least Prince, even with the napkin contract, would cost at least $500K less than this steaming bowl of mediocrity. Who gives a crap about being mediocre?  And who wants to pay this much for it?

Besides the salary, beating KU, & not pissing off Brian Butler (and that well looks about as dry going forward as the DC Assault one), the main differences are relatively minor:

- Wheels falling off at the end of the season.  --- Check.
- Sub-standard defense --- Check.
- Ignore Texas HS recruiting --- Check.  (and Bill has direct DFW flights now in his fanny pack.)
- Can't retain (or replace with comparable quality) coordinators --- Check.

But, hey, we went to a bowl game.  So did ~70 other schools.  Most with head coaches who make way less, are more willing to make necessary changes, & have better futures than what we're currently employing to calm the waters.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »
Look what you have done to us Bill.....Look!!!!!!! :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
Guys, he didn't even make up an excuse for it. :horrorsurprise:

"In hindsight, I realize that wasn't a good call," Snyder said. "That was my fault, not our players' fault."

:barf:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Guys, he didn't even make up an excuse for it. :horrorsurprise:

"In hindsight, I realize that wasn't a good call," Snyder said. "That was my fault, not our players' fault."

:barf:

Why would anyone think it was the players fault?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »
If we don't get a competent defensive staff in place before Coach retires, we are going to be in the same position we were in 2005, with very little stability for the incoming coach and very little credibility to make a big hire.

This is the scariest scenario, where OB never brings in a HCIW then retires when Tate is done and the roster is filled with five classes of WRSOAT handiwork.

I know there is a lot of anit-Leavitt sentiment around here but I am very fearful of what happens in 4 years if he is not the HCIW.  Once the new TV contracts for the big 12 come out, we will have a very deadline for getting this ship headed in the right direction.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »
If we don't get a competent defensive staff in place before Coach retires, we are going to be in the same position we were in 2005, with very little stability for the incoming coach and very little credibility to make a big hire.

This is the scariest scenario, where OB never brings in a HCIW then retires when Tate is done and the roster is filled with five classes of WRSOAT handiwork.

I know there is a lot of anit-Leavitt sentiment around here but I am very fearful of what happens in 4 years if he is not the HCIW.  Once the new TV contracts for the big 12 come out, we will have a very deadline for getting this ship headed in the right direction.

I don't think there is a lot of anti-leavitt sentiment around here. Most would take him on staff, don't want him as HCIW.  But I don't want anybody as HCIW that Bill wants as HCIW.  I want Currie to make his own hire and I want him to make it clear that Bill has no say in the decision whatsoever.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:38 AM »
This thread is the cognac and cigars of bbsing tonight.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:18 AM »
You remember when I referred to the untimely demise of this board?   I'm the freakin Nostradamus of JTs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 07:33:04 AM »
I don't think there is a lot of anti-leavitt sentiment around here. Most would take him on staff, don't want him as HCIW.  But I don't want anybody as HCIW that Bill wants as HCIW.  I want Currie to make his own hire and I want him to make it clear that Bill has no say in the decision whatsoever.

+1

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 08:00:55 AM »

It's incredible to see that no media member has the stones to address with Bill just how historically pathetic our defense has been this season.  It's the elephant in the room that no one covering K-State sports dares question the old man on publically.  I mean nothing.

I guess not really incredible considering the hack amateursism of our local media, but still fascinating that an element that is detrimentally affecting the program to this degree is entirely avoided out of fear.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »

+1

I don't want Bill within 2 States of KS when a new coach is hired.