Author Topic: Nebraska: Home of Inferiority Complex, Loser Fans - ESPN  (Read 21737 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska: Home of Inferiority Complex, Loser Fans - ESPN
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »
Well, when you're 1-8 head to head since the inception of the Big 12 against Texas,  you do whatever it takes I guess.

What's their record in basketball?   :gocho:

NU beat them two seasons ago.  It was hilarious. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:45 PM »
If Nebraska does beat Texas (yeah, right), you can expect the goalposts to come down.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 12:28:16 AM »
If Nebraska does beat Texas (yeah, right), you can expect the goalposts to come down.

This could be an all-time low for them.  It's really turning out to be a win-win situation.  :popcorn:

Offline husker_hurdler

• Corn Hole'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »
This thread is to funny............

Offline Gallon Beverage

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »
Dear funny,

Here is your thread.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 07:03:11 AM »

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 07:31:42 AM »

Best first post ever.

:lol:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »

I know right those Husker guys coming in a talking about academics.  Made me laugh too.  Oh, wait, you're one of the hustker guys. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »

as crap is to stink.  :thumbsup:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »
Imagine a major university hiring a play-by-play guy who perfectly embodies the entire fanbase . . . a man who has such little self esteem, that when the team he broadcasts for isn't performing up the standards set in the long over glory years, he has a mental breakdown and must resign his position.

I can't think of anything more descriptive of the Cornhole "Nation" than that.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
do we play Nebraska this year?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »

lol...., we only play them every other year, dumbass.   :lol:

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »
Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research.

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.  

If you are a n NU grad, the 1st thing NU needs to do to be "awarded" their share of the $6.3 billion pot of gold, will be to strengthen its English department.  What is ya and how are you using it in that sentence?   I looked up ya on dictionary.com and it says it is a variation of you and your.  So is your statement You, you're right or Your you're right?  Either way I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Wow! An intellectual on a KSU board. Now I've seen it all. You obviously must be a KU grad.

It's a football board skippy, grammar and puctuation are excluded...just look around you :flush:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research.

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.   

If you are a n NU grad, the 1st thing NU needs to do to be "awarded" their share of the $6.3 billion pot of gold, will be to strengthen its English department.  What is ya and how are you using it in that sentence?   I looked up ya on dictionary.com and it says it is a variation of you and your.  So is your statement You, you're right or Your you're right?  Either way I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Wow! An intellectual on a KSU board. Now I've seen it all. You obviously must be a KU grad.

It's a football board skippy, grammar and puctuation are excluded...just look around you :flush:

whatever Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Thanks for proving my point :lol:

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »

Thanks for proving my point :lol:

So did you get banned from the big 10 sites or did they just ignore your unimportant a$$?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
who are you going to beg to be your rival now?

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.  

I may have laced it with some sarcasm, but I'm serious about the use of ya. I had a couple of people use it in text message to me and I guessed it was the new texting slang for yes.  If it is, it is really sad that we have become so lazy as a society that in order to save just 1 keystroke, we resort to using abbreviations that aren't even close to being appropriate.

Btw, I did look around and all I saw was a husker douche displaying a lack of knowledge of the subject, using incorrect grammar, and then name calling and being condescending to a member of this board.  Oh well, I guess I should have expected that since that is all we see from husker posters on any type of board.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »
I look forward to the end of this season when we can say goodbye to the zombie nation.

It's like that feeling you had when the one relative you couldn't stand ended up moving to Oregon (or something) and couldn't afford a plane ticket to come back for Christmas and other assorted family events.  You acted all nice and said, "Hey, we'll miss you, man," the last time you saw him, but as soon as he left, you tapped your uncle on the shoulder and said, "I always hated that son of a bitch.  I'm glad he's gone."

And, just to be clear, this isn't about Nebraska beating everyone in football for forty years.  I could care less about that.  We're glad Nebraska is leaving because we don't have to deal with their special brand of narcissism and "crazy" any more.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
KSUBrian is clearly drunk and this dumbass Husker is enamored with his intellect.  :lol: :lol:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

dyestat

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

lol...., we only play them every other year, dumbass.   :lol:

what's the new setup after they complete their move to the MAC?  would we play them every 3 years at arrowhead or toledo municipal stadium?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
Hey, remember that last husker Big 12 title?! 

:excited:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
Hey, remember that last husker Big 12 title?! 

:excited:

did they used to be good like us?