Author Topic: Nebraska: Home of Inferiority Complex, Loser Fans - ESPN  (Read 21821 times)

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Nebraska: Home of Inferiority Complex, Loser Fans - ESPN
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska: Home of Inferiority Complex, Loser Fans - ESPN
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Yeah, NU crowds are models of civility towards doormat teams.  I'm pretty sure ku gets treated politely in Lincoln.  We did, too, until we started beating them often enough to become a rival for the conference championship.  Then the crowds were, um, uncivil. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5372985

That article quotes HuskerIllustrated on their rivalry with Texas?  Please, the CTR has much more vitriolic BBS'ing.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »

wow, what a bunch of whiny girls.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »
Really glad we are their game before Texas.  :crossfingers:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
Really glad we are their game before Texas.  :crossfingers:

Yes. Remember, Nebraska, we're inferior, dumb, and not important

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »
Nubb and Texas is a rivalry game? Somebody better alert the bevos.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »
Their fans lead the free world in civility and decorum toward opponents -- just ask them.

riot.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »
I'm trying to follow this.  So, beating Texas is like, a "thing" for some schools   :confused:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
I'm trying to follow this.  So, beating Texas is like, a "thing" for some schools   :confused:

A highly coveted thing apparently.  Meanwhile, here we are lighting our cigars and wiping our asses with all these extra wins over Texas.  :cool:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »
Well, when you're 1-8 head to head since the inception of the Big 12 against Texas,  you do whatever it takes I guess.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
Remember those days on ksufans.com where we had all of those NU tards? Yeah, I'm glad they're gone...

Trying to ruin CTR. :nono:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
Well, when you're 1-8 head to head since the inception of the Big 12 against Texas,  you do whatever it takes I guess.

What's their record in basketball?   :gocho:

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »
Remember those days on ksufans.com where we had all of those NU tards? Yeah, I'm glad they're gone...

:gocho:

Don't really have to post much. Just reading the threads on your "New" site are all the humor I need.You guys are actually throwing up records vs teams?

How many Natl. Champs do you have?? Frank and Bill will be gone in a couple of years and then it's truly back to  :flush:

Not that big of a deal really. You were there for 90 plus years and now your headed back  :lol: :lol:

Think I'll head over to the Olive Garden on Tuttle Creek Blvd and have me some sticks and salad. See ya losers

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »

Don't really have to post much. Just reading the threads on your "New" site are all the humor I need.You guys are actually throwing up records vs teams?

How many Natl. Champs do you have?? Frank and Bill will be gone in a couple of years and then it's truly back to  :flush:

Not that big of a deal really. You were there for 90 plus years and now your headed back  :lol: :lol:

Think I'll head over to the Olive Garden on Tuttle Creek Blvd and have me some sticks and salad. See ya losers

Yup, see ya later.  Sorry UT chased you out of the conference.  Don't feel bad. UT is a football monster.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 08:47:36 PM »

Yup, see ya later.  Sorry UT chased you out of the conference.  Don't feel bad. UT is a football monster.
Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research. Just keep sucking The Texas hind tit. :drool:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »

Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research. Just keep sucking The Texas hind tit. :drool:
:facepalm:
Nerds...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »

:facepalm:
Nerds...
Ya see Lew, The CIC is  a part of the Big 10 and they are the ones who dole out the Fedral funds. Pick up a book now and then.

http://www.cic.net/Home/AboutCIC.aspx

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 09:36:11 PM »
Jimmy Rose (yes, the complete nutjob, couldn't hack Cornhole losing Jimmy Rose) was on Keitzman awhile back talking about how in 20 years, they'll be 30 story tall towers of research on the Cornholio Campus.   I wish Keitzman would have reminded him that K-State was slated for a $600 million dollar federal research lab sometime in the next 2 years.

Strange though, Big 12 Schools can get hundreds of millions of dollars in sponsered research funding without holding each others dick.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »

Couple that with being unable to beat Texas, or OU in anything and its an easy call.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:02 PM »
LOL at husker fans talking academic smack hahahhaha Larry the Cable guy 'nuff said

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research.

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:37:24 PM by KSUBrian »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
Ya, you're right. It didn't have anything to do with sharing in the $6.3 billion that the Big 10 gets from the Feds for research.

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.   

[/quote]

You are going to ruin Pride's manicotti.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
Enjoy being in a basketball conference that you may be able to compete in 'pride!

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

So I looked at the CIC website and their press releases about NU joining their consortium.  Not one article, nor a Omaha Journal World article on the CIC, mentioned anything about this magical $6.3 billion pot of gold that NU will now share in.  What I read is that with the research/technology/information sharing between CIC members, NU may have access to resources that would make the university more qualified to win research grants passed out by the Feds.  NU will still have to have the wherewithal to win those grants.  Being a CIC member doesn't automatically win the grants for NU.

The OWH article even provided Penn State as an example of how PSU took advantage of the CIC membership by improving its own infrastructure to increase its research stature.  It remains to be seen if NU can accomplish the same located in the upper midwest plains.

Good luck on being a member of the Big 10.  I hope it all works out for you.  

If you are a n NU grad, the 1st thing NU needs to do to be "awarded" their share of the $6.3 billion pot of gold, will be to strengthen its English department.  What is ya and how are you using it in that sentence?   I looked up ya on dictionary.com and it says it is a variation of you and your.  So is your statement You, you're right or Your you're right?  Either way I don't understand what you are trying to say.