Author Topic: Ranking of desired landing spots  (Read 6946 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ranking of desired landing spots
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »
1.  KSU to MWC with CU and KU.  As the original KSU to MWC advocate, I must stick to my guns.  Plus, with the possibility that CU and KU will need a new home as well, we could be bringing about 85% of the Big 12 fun along with us.

2.  KSU to SEC.  Holy crap.  Those fuckers are hilarious and INSANE about their football.  So many awesome football matchups.  So much pummeling week after week after week.  It would be incredible.

3.  KSU to Big East (with KU or whatever).  Incredible opportunity to get your basketball only on.  Face it.  We’re not going to be relevant in football ever again if we ever were.  Let’s throw everything we’ve got at basketball.

4.  Big 12 stays intact (or more or less does so). :zzz:  I’m now completely against this.  I want a shiny new schedule full of exciting new teams that don’t come from crap states like Texas or worse.  Is anyone really going to be disappointed if we can’t continue to play teams like Mizzou and Oklahoma State every year?  I didn’t rough ridin' think so.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking of desired landing spots
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
1.  KSU to MWC with CU and KU.  As the original KSU to MWC advocate, I must stick to my guns.  Plus, with the possibility that CU and KU will need a new home as well, we could be bringing about 85% of the Big 12 fun along with us.

2.  KSU to SEC.  Holy crap.  Those frackers are hilarious and INSANE about their football.  So many awesome football matchups.  So much pummeling week after week after week.  It would be incredible.

3.  KSU to Big East (with KU or whatever).  Incredible opportunity to get your basketball only on.  Face it.  We’re not going to be relevant in football ever again if we ever were.  Let’s throw everything we’ve got at basketball.

4.  Big 12 stays intact (or more or less does so). :zzz:  I’m now completely against this.  I want a shiny new schedule full of exciting new teams that don’t come from crap states like Texas or worse.  Is anyone really going to be disappointed if we can’t continue to play teams like Mizzou and Oklahoma State every year?  I didn’t fracking think so.

although i don't totally disagree w/ anything above... the scenarios listed and anti big 12 sentiment are much more palatable when you live a thousand miles away from kansas. the new teanms and towns part sounds great but i like going to a couple of away games a year and it's going to get quite a bit harder if lincoln, stillwater, etc aren't options anymore.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
1.  Yes, would be a great "fit"
2.  They would never go out with us. They only date cheerleaders and rich girls.  But, agree it would be amazing.
3.  Would be weird but provide plenty of opportunities to learn where schools without their location in their name are on the map.
4.  agree, snoozefest

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
i like going to a couple of away games a year and it's going to get quite a bit harder if lincoln, stillwater, etc aren't options anymore.

You'll still have Lawrence.  And Boulder and Ft. Collins are more than worth a few more hours in the car.  You should be thankful if Lincoln and Stillwater are no longer options.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »
i like going to a couple of away games a year and it's going to get quite a bit harder if lincoln, stillwater, etc aren't options anymore.

You'll still have Lawrence.  And Boulder and Ft. Collins are more than worth a few more hours in the car.  You should be thankful if Lincoln and Stillwater are no longer options.

Joint MHK flights and conference expansion announcement tomorrow?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »
Boulder and Ft. Collins are more than worth a few more hours in the car. 

if i were going to go up for three or four days and ski and hike and stuff then yeah. maybe. but i'm not. i'm just going to go drink for a day and probably watch an athletic event. not really worth the drive imo.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »

DIA directs would be amazing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »
Like I mentioned in another thread.   I think the recent ACC TV deal is a big deal, because IMO it potentially takes the Clemson, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech to the SEC that you hear around these parts completely off the table.    They very well could look at the additional competition as not being worth a few extra million dollars . . . when they can draw a nice payout from their TV deals and have better shots at conference titles, BCS births and NCAA tourney invites. 

So then the SEC has to start looking WEST IMO . . . one smart poster in Powertardville pointed out that Texas doesn't like the SEC.   Texas from what I know from living there and such views themselves as more Southwestern oriented . . . SEC territory to them is still dominated by the "old south".   They hate Arkansas, they hate LSU, they consider almost everyone of the SEC schools as inferior to them in every way. 

While it's a massive longshot I know . . . the SEC is still not totally out of the equation.    Taking KSU completely out of the SEC equation, it wouldn't shock me at all if OU, OSU and A&M didn't get a call and seriously consider the SEC.   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »
MWC is my first and only choice. anything else (including staying in the current b12N, would be a major disappointment).

i'm sicking of our athletic dept running up hill.  we've failed a few grades and need to enjoy being the big kid in class for a while.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »
Mostly agree with Chum on this, but I really only like two options.

1.  MWC has really grown on me over the past two weeks.  Did some research, and it turns out that they are almost a BCS conferece, but nearly every schools sucks complete ass.....amazing combination for us.

2.  The SEC would prolly make me and the other Mods on this site rich.  Their message boarding is second-to-none.  I am not really that greedy, so I favor the MWC deal, but an SEC deal would basically let me quit my day job because of the increased traffic on this site.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »

1.  MWC has really grown on me over the past two weeks.  Did some research, and it turns out that they are almost a BCS conferece, but nearly every schools sucks complete ass.....amazing combination for us.

2.  The SEC would prolly make me and the other Mods on this site rich.  Their message boarding is second-to-none.  I am not really that greedy, so I favor the MWC deal, but an SEC deal would basically let me quit my day job because of the increased traffic on this site.

It's a pipe dream . . . but a damn fun pipe dream none-the-less.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

1.  MWC has really grown on me over the past two weeks.  Did some research, and it turns out that they are almost a BCS conferece, but nearly every schools sucks complete ass.....amazing combination for us.

2.  The SEC would prolly make me and the other Mods on this site EVEN MORE rich.  Their message boarding is second-to-none.  I am not really that greedy, so I favor the MWC deal, but an SEC deal would basically let me quit my day job because of the increased traffic on this site.

FYP Pete.  Have you seen the latest numbers?  We broke last month's record and should each see 6 figures take home this month.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:55:41 AM by steve dave »

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »

DIA directs would be amazing

Agree, but that's why they died when we did have them, not enough traffic.  I only few to DIA once, there was me, one other old lady, and the 2 pilots-weird as hullabaloo. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

catzacker

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »
first and foremost, I want the Big 12 to remain in tact if and only if it becomes an aboslute and complete hate fest amongst its members.  Like, out in the open, no holds barred, universities, administrators, and coaches taking pot shots at each other kind of hate fest.  Otherwise, I like Chum's set up.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »
first and foremost, I want the Big 12 to remain in tact if and only if it becomes an aboslute and complete hate fest amongst its members.  Like, out in the open, no holds barred, universities, administrators, and coaches taking pot shots at each other kind of hate fest.  Otherwise, I like Chum's set up.

Agreed.  An intact Big 12 with all original members would be epically bloodthirsty.  MWC is my second choice.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »

if it was kstate and ku to the mwc and mizzou to the big10 and ku thinks they are stuck in the mwc because of kstate then the kstate and ku could have a pretty good hatefest going.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »
Like I mentioned in another thread.   I think the recent ACC TV deal is a big deal, because IMO it potentially takes the Clemson, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech to the SEC that you hear around these parts completely off the table.    They very well could look at the additional competition as not being worth a few extra million dollars . . . when they can draw a nice payout from their TV deals and have better shots at conference titles, BCS births and NCAA tourney invites. 

So then the SEC has to start looking WEST IMO . . . one smart poster in Powertardville pointed out that Texas doesn't like the SEC.   Texas from what I know from living there and such views themselves as more Southwestern oriented . . . SEC territory to them is still dominated by the "old south".   They hate Arkansas, they hate LSU, they consider almost everyone of the SEC schools as inferior to them in every way. 

While it's a massive longshot I know . . . the SEC is still not totally out of the equation.    Taking KSU completely out of the SEC equation, it wouldn't shock me at all if OU, OSU and A&M didn't get a call and seriously consider the SEC.   

I think that your statement is very true of UT and their fans. They think that they are too good for the SEC. A&M? Not so much. I think about 80% of their fans would jump at the chance if the SEC offered.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »
OK, trying to think outside the box.  My beloved NYU Violets' conference, the Nerdy Nine, is currently one member short (only eight nerds).  The conference is already in Missouri, so no geographic worries.  Roadies to NYC, Chicago, Pittsburgh?  Rubbing elbows with NYU alumns like the Olsen twins and Lady Gaga?  Pretty sexy!  (Probably KSU will have to act on this quickly before someone else thinks of it.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Athletic_Association

Just putting this out there as a viable option, bros, don't hate on me.   :dunno:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

Same with our blog.  Remotes from SEC locales would be fantastic.

Podcasting from Oxford, MS would be amazing.

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
i hate that the big 12 is most likely going to be blown up due to greed. i would prefer it to stay the way it is or try to flip things and add teams it self. i dont see that happening though. i would of course would want to join the SEC but no way do they want us. they dont want to share their tv money with anyone that isnt going to raise the level of the conference and lead to a larger tv deal in the future. i guess its mountain west if they can add the big 12 teams not going to the pac10/big10 and add boise state it will be ok but prob not bcs worthy which will be lame. not really liking the big east idea they are so far away and not a fan of the teams they have. would prefer going to an updated MWC then the current big east

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
spent the weekend in San Diego ( :gocho: ) and could't stop daydreaming about a late September trip to Jack Murphy (or the VegasPak).

VegasPak, people!

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
According to ESPN, MWC says they will not be expanding.  :dunno:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:39 PM »

Wait and see approach.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »

That's just in reference to Boise (who they were going to add). 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »
spent the weekend in San Diego ( :gocho: ) and could't stop daydreaming about a late September trip to Jack Murphy (or the VegasPak).

VegasPak, people!

Going to be unbelievable.  UNBELIEVABLE.