Author Topic: Would you take the following scenario?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Would you take the following scenario?
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:03:01 AM »
I am almost to the point of assumption that the Big 12 is finished and Dan Beebe should be hung in effigy.  Focusing on the future, would you guys go for a Big 12 Conference that still remains and includes schools such as TCU, Boise St., Utah, BYU, KSU, KU, ISU, Colorado St. etc.?  This will most likely be our only option with f**khead Beebe in control.  This is beginning to appear like a "best case" scenario, IMO.  I worry the most about getting and keeping good coaches like Frank, but these schools do match up better with us than Texas (who are still our bitches).  The sunshine pumpers can continue to pump it up their ass, but reality is that we most likely will not get an invite to the 4, 16-team "power conferences".

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: Would you take the following scenario?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »

Offline wildcat09

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
No....but I would expect the possibility of moving to the Mountain West is a possibilty. I can't forsee a conference that has made it's living as a little guy that could would just break down and join a conference of other schools.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
How long is the big 12 tied into the bcs? if there is a contract it's not just gonna go away is it? wont the big 12 just had 8, 9, 10, 11 new teams?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:33:02 PM »
Your scenario sounds basically like the four remaining Big XII teams merging with the MWC. Would they even want that seeing that they are becoming a BCS school soon? If all the schools jet for the Pac-10 and Mizzou and Nebraska go to the Big 10 then I would rather just hope for an invitation to the MWC instead of trying to keep the Big XII alive. jmo

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »
How long is the big 12 tied into the bcs? if there is a contract it's not just gonna go away is it? wont the big 12 just had 8, 9, 10, 11 new teams?

They review this every year, but the criteria is something like a rolling 2-4 year period of time.  As a result, if the Big 12 were to pull in the MWC schools (and not vice versa) I suspect that they may be able to exploit a loop hole to stay in the BCS while simultaneously building a decent resume to continue to be in the BCS.

However, they probably have "exception" rules for just this sort of thing...you know, things that would eff us in the ass as per usual.