Author Topic: Thursday Games  (Read 4730 times)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Games
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
I liked the extra time it got us for KU.

Ya, KU had a bye before us, so this helps even it out a bit.

We were going to have 9 days to prepare to their 14.  We now have 7 to their 12.  We were better off playing it saturday if you want to use the KU game as the deciding factor.  Now, had you said, "I liked the extra time it got us for Baylor" you may have been onto something. 

I was referring to moving the NU game up. Moving the KU game up nullifies that advantage. I do not like this advanced scheduling maneuver.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
I liked the extra time it got us for KU.

Ya, KU had a bye before us, so this helps even it out a bit.

We were going to have 9 days to prepare to their 14.  We now have 7 to their 12.  We were better off playing it saturday if you want to use the KU game as the deciding factor.  Now, had you said, "I liked the extra time it got us for Baylor" you may have been onto something. 

I was referring to moving the NU game up. Moving the KU game up nullifies that advantage. I do not like this advanced scheduling maneuver.

oh, gotcha

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »

Personally I think we did move the game for the TV $.

I could be wrong but didn't Currie specifically said that TV revenues and ticket sales would be what paid for the "buyouts".
IMO, we are going to end up paying prince, maybe not the full amount, but he will still get a nice chunk of change.
Dax fan club member!

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »

I could be wrong but didn't Currie specifically said that TV revenues and ticket sales would be what paid for the "buyouts".
IMO, we are going to end up paying prince, maybe not the full amount, but he will still get a nice chunk of change.

I'd say you're right about that.  And I still can't believe the university hasn't added Krause as a party to this lawsuit.  Frustrating!
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »

I'd say you're right about that.  And I still can't believe the university hasn't added Krause as a party to this lawsuit.  Frustrating!

Pretty sure that if they did this, the truth about Wefald's involvement would come out. When our whole case is that the contract is not valid because Krause could not create it without Wefald's permission, the truth would hurt us.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »
I froze my ass off at the first thursday night game at the Bill in 1992.  Felt like we won the NC after that one.  Didn't we play Nebraska for the World Championship that year in Japan?

No doubt.  Sleet, freezing rain, ice...man that was cold.  Nice to get a win back then, made it all the better.  And they didn't care what you were drinking inside the stadium, which was a plus.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.