Author Topic: Sweet jesus...i didn't think we were this bad  (Read 8294 times)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet jesus...i didn't think we were this bad
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »
If K-State had a remotely decent QB, K-State adds wins: @ UCLA, @ La-La, and has an outstanding chance to beat nu in Lincoln.  8, possibly 9 wins, a bowl game, and possibly playing in the Big 12 CCG.

So how easy that is??

Honestly, I'm with you up until the part about Nebraska.  You guys had your best QB starting for the Nebraska game, and that game really wasn't that close.  Hell, KU played Nebraska closer than K-State. 
Notice he said a "remotely decent quarterback" not "our best starting QB."  Our best starting QB didn't have a fracking shoulder by the end of the season, if you want to call that remotely decent then go ahead.

An injured Gregory was still a better option than Coffman apparently. 
Why do you think that everyone on the board is praying that Klein is the starter?
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »
Have a friend that played in a golf tourney, last weekend, part of a foursome with Zach Kendall and Jonathan Beasley. Apparently, from what he was told, CC is a completely different person/player this year. Must have had a "come to jesus" moment during the off season.

And yes, JB is getting fatter every day.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:52 PM »
Have a friend that played in a golf tourney, last weekend, part of a foursome with Zach Kendall and Jonathan Beasley. Apparently, from what he was told, CC is a completely different person/player this year. Must have had a "come to jesus" moment during the off season.

And yes, JB is getting fatter every day.

I believe half of that post and I want to believe the other half.

And NU game was all on red-zone offense.  Had similar issues against Mizzou the game before, not that they were the only issues that game.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »
If K-State had a remotely decent QB, K-State adds wins: @ UCLA, @ La-La, and has an outstanding chance to beat nu in Lincoln.  8, possibly 9 wins, a bowl game, and possibly playing in the Big 12 CCG.

So how easy that is??

Honestly, I'm with you up until the part about Nebraska.  You guys had your best QB starting for the Nebraska game, and that game really wasn't that close.  Hell, KU played Nebraska closer than K-State. 

No, they didn't.

Yeah, they did.  KU was up on Nebraska, 17-16, midway through the 4th quarter.  K-State was down 17-3 practically the entire 2nd half.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »

So how easy that is??

No, they didn't.

Yeah, they did.  KU was up on Nebraska, 17-16, midway through the 4th quarter.  K-State was down 17-3 practically the entire 2nd half.

14 points = 14 points, you were at home, we were on the road.  tard.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »

So how easy that is??

No, they didn't.

14 points = 14 points, you were at home, we were on the road.  tard.

Being up 17-16 midway through the 4th quarter is playing a team closer than being down 17-3 the entire second half, dumbass.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »
14=14

:dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 10:55:13 PM »
14=14

Being up 17-16 midway through the 4th quarter is playing a team closer than being down 17-3 the entire second half, dumbass.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
14=14

That banner is going to look nice next to the Co-North Champion banner.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »
Give the kid a break . . . history awaits was an fail of epic proportions and he's not over it yet.    Plus we all know playiing Cornhole in Lincoln with the Big 12 CCG in the balance is exactly the same as playing them at home when you have virtually NOTHING to play for but pride.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »
we're arguing about who looked better in a loss to a Nebraska team that had basically no offense to speak of  :thumbsup:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
Give the kid a break . . . history awaits was an fail of epic proportions and he's not over it yet.    Plus we all know playiing Cornhole in Lincoln with the Big 12 CCG in the balance is exactly the same as playing them at home when you have virtually NOTHING to play for but pride.

I admit it, i hated Hartman and Valentine until spring football started up.

royalswild

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
14=14

Kansas State 17   Kansas University 10

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 07:22:29 AM »
14=14

Kansas State 17   Kansas University 10

absolutely maddening in that game how Thomas would get all the yardage to the KU 35 and then be put on the bench for a fresh Valentine, which would consist of a 3 and out.

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
14=14

without a doubt, the worst desperate ploy for validation we've ever seen from you.

When does turner gill add "Play nebraska closer than KSU while losing by the same amount of points" to the goals?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
You guys lost to Louisiana-Lafayette with Coffman at QB.  Not surprised by this ranking, honestly.  Mangino left KU with some pretty good talent.

So your assertion is that Coffman will start?

Noted.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »
Man, I sincerely hope Ben liberally applied ass lube before he got involved with this thread.  Doesn't he have anybody in his corner to throw in the towel before the poor kid dies in the ring?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:33 AM »
14=14

Way to go, I guess....  :dunno:  I only wish we couldve played head to head to see who the better team was

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:37 AM »
I only wish we couldve played head to head to see who the better team was

I've heard of some guys who could hook you up with tickets for this game in lawrence.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
This chickenhawk has lost his marbles and can't get passed the stage of denial.  Love the comparison to the NU score, when there is a head to head matchup for actual comparisons to be drawn from, and a conference record for that matter as well. 

Was it hard to watch the D-Train ramble down the field as time slowly ticked away?  Was it tough for you to understand that your upcomming greatest season ever and history awaiting season ended at 1-7?  Is it hard to think that you have never won a meaningful conference game since you've been alive?  Will you ever realize that you never played in a championship game even when KSU and NU were awful? 

It's unfortunate when you realize you have no solid ground to stand on and your arguments make no sense.  But first you have to get past that denial stage.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »
This chickenhawk has lost his marbles and can't get passed the stage of denial.  Love the comparison to the NU score, when there is a head to head matchup for actual comparisons to be drawn from, and a conference record for that matter as well. 

Was it hard to watch the D-Train ramble down the field as time slowly ticked away?  Was it tough for you to understand that your upcomming greatest season ever and history awaiting season ended at 1-7?  Is it hard to think that you have never won a meaningful conference game since you've been alive?  Will you ever realize that you never played in a championship game even when KSU and NU were awful? 

It's unfortunate when you realize you have no solid ground to stand on and your arguments make no sense.  But first you have to get past that denial stage.

:eek:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

Mods, move to the old timey phrase thread.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
Damn, Ben just got taken behind the Dave Wooderson-shed!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
Did someone say one bowl in six years?

:confused: