Author Topic: Sweet jesus...i didn't think we were this bad  (Read 8281 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Sweet jesus...i didn't think we were this bad
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
Sporting News Top 100 pre-season ranking:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Miami
5. Florida
6. TCU
7. Nebraska
8. Wisconsin
9. Texas
10. Oklahoma
11. Oregon
12. Virginia Tech
13. Iowa
14. Florida State
15. Oregon State
16. USC
17. Auburn
18. Georgia Tech
19. Pittsburgh
20. LSU
21. Arkansas
22. Utah
23. North Carolina
24. West Virginia
25. Washington

31. Kansas  :dunno:

84. Florida International   :bawl:
85. Kansas State  :barf:

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-26/college-football-on-clock-sns-preseason-top-100

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile

yoga-like_abana

Re: Sweet jesus...i didn't think we were this bad
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
Congrats Beemz.
We might as well pack it in this year fellas.

:frown:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
yoga...your sig has bad mojo written all over it
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Sporting News Top 100 pre-season ranking:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Miami
5. Florida
6. TCU
7. Nebraska
8. Wisconsin
9. Texas
10. Oklahoma
11. Oregon
12. Virginia Tech
13. Iowa
14. Florida State
15. Oregon State
16. USC
17. Auburn
18. Georgia Tech
19. Pittsburgh
20. LSU
21. Arkansas
22. Utah
23. North Carolina
24. West Virginia
25. Washington

31. Kansas  :dunno:

84. Florida International   :bawl:
85. Kansas State  :barf:

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-26/college-football-on-clock-sns-preseason-top-100
Its all because we dont have a black dual threat QB.
EMAW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:07:29 PM »
You guys lost to Louisiana-Lafayette with Coffman at QB.  Not surprised by this ranking, honestly.  Mangino left KU with some pretty good talent.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
You guys lost to Louisiana-Lafayette with Coffman at QB.  Not surprised by this ranking, honestly.  Mangino left KU with some pretty good talent.
That Talent : 1-7 in conference.
EMAW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

Poorly coached.  Mangino was playing musical chairs at cornerback and f*cking with everyone's position.  He lost the team midway through the season.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »

owned
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

Poorly coached.  Mangino was playing musical chairs at cornerback and f*cking with everyone's position.  He lost the team midway through the season.
The Team lost Mangino.
EMAW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
That team lost pretty much everything.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Mangino pussy farted away tons of opportunities last season by trying to run the spread offense from the opponent's two-yard line, instead of punching the ball in the endzone with a power running game.  Opurum, a 4-star 6'3 235 lb fullback with offers to Notre Dame and Florida, would be sitting on the bench while Jake f*cking Sharp was trying to run a quick shotgun draw up the gut of the defense.  Look no further than the end of last year's Mizzou game, when KU had a chance to run out the clock and leave Mizzou with very little time left, but Mangino decided to go with two straight passing attempts that ended up being incomplete.  He then called a QB draw on 3rd and long from inside the five-yard line, and Reesing was sacked for a safety.  KU easily could have been 8-4 last year if Mangino coaches an above average game.  
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:36:57 PM by BMWJhawk »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
5-0

just sayin..
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »
5-0

just sayin..

Yep, and very close to being 6-0 if a phantom offensive pass interference call on Kerry Meier isn't called at the end of the Colorado game.  Last season was pretty much the exact opposite of '08.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
Mangino pussy farted away tons of opportunities last season by trying to run the spread offense from the opponent's two-yard line, instead of punching the ball in the endzone with a power running game.  Opurum, a 4-star 6'3 235 lb fullback with offers to Notre Dame and Florida, would be sitting on the bench while Jake f*cking Sharp was trying to run a quick shotgun draw up the gut of the defense.  Look no further than the end of last year's Mizzou game, when KU had a chance to run out the clock and leave Mizzou with very little time left, but Mangino decided to go with two straight passing attempts that ended up being incomplete.  He then called a QB draw on 3rd and long from inside the five-yard line, and Reesing was sacked for a safety.  KU easily could have been 8-4 last year if Mangino coaches an above average game.  

You had already lost 5 straight brah.  The talent is gone, so is your 4 months of tradition.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
Switch KU and KSU and that poll would be a lot more accurate. Also, NU should not be #7.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »
If K-State had a remotely decent QB, K-State adds wins: @ UCLA, @ La-La, and has an outstanding chance to beat nu in Lincoln.    8, possibly 9 wins, a bowl game, and possibly playing in the Big 12 CCG.

So how easy that is??

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
If K-State had a remotely decent QB, K-State adds wins: @ UCLA, @ La-La, and has an outstanding chance to beat nu in Lincoln.  8, possibly 9 wins, a bowl game, and possibly playing in the Big 12 CCG.

So how easy that is??

Honestly, I'm with you up until the part about Nebraska.  You guys had your best QB starting for the Nebraska game, and that game really wasn't that close.  Hell, KU played Nebraska closer than K-State. 

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »
If K-State had a remotely decent QB, K-State adds wins: @ UCLA, @ La-La, and has an outstanding chance to beat nu in Lincoln.  8, possibly 9 wins, a bowl game, and possibly playing in the Big 12 CCG.

So how easy that is??

Honestly, I'm with you up until the part about Nebraska.  You guys had your best QB starting for the Nebraska game, and that game really wasn't that close.  Hell, KU played Nebraska closer than K-State. 
Notice he said a "remotely decent quarterback" not "our best starting QB."  Our best starting QB didn't have a rough ridin' shoulder by the end of the season, if you want to call that remotely decent then go ahead.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »

So how easy that is??

Notice he said a "remotely decent quarterback" not "our best starting QB."  Our best starting QB didn't have a fracking shoulder by the end of the season, if you want to call that remotely decent then go ahead.

An injured Gregory was still a better option than Coffman apparently. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »

So how easy that is??

No, they didn't.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 06:56:09 PM »
LOL @ football :lol: :lol:

just kidding, just kidding.  i'm cautiously optimistic about this season but think we have some really talented youngsters on offense.  we should win 7 games (JUST AN IMO GUYZ), why worry about sporting news May 26th Top 100 :dunno:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »
KU's last football win: October 10, 2009. They are riding a 7 game losing streak into this season. They lose their best qb, 2 best receivers, running back, and best defensive player from last year. How are they right outside the top 25?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »
Yeah 17-3, a fumble at the goal line . . . playing on NU's end of the field for much of the game, just needing a little more out of the QB spot.    Also, lets see on that "best QB" a rag armed 6th year senior with about 7 total games in the system playing with a shoulder and arm that was about to fall off his body. 

The42Yardstick

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »

I don't know about 8-4, but I can definitely see 7-5 with the MU and CU games. Mangino really mumped up the end of that moo game, and Opurum was vastly underused last season as you said. I never understood that.