Author Topic: WE COULD SERIOUSLY MAKE THE FINAL FOUR  (Read 25489 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: WE COULD SERIOUSLY MAKE THE FINAL FOUR
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »
it's the only (valid) way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »
In any sport, the process for determining a champion doesn't really have to have anything to do with determining the best team. All you have to have is enough acceptance of the process.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »
I would buy a Final Four shirt at Dillons. #RIPFatty

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
Beating 8, 16, 5, 11, 9, 11 to win a national championship would be the most amazing thing that has ever happened in sports.

Of course we're the national champions, we beat the (best case scenario) 29th, 61st, 17th, 41st, 33rd, and 42nd best teams in the country.  How else would you determine it?

This is such a silly talking point.  If anything the tournament is pretty compelling proof that no matter how much you like ranking/ordering teams, there is just not that much separation between them.  Say Virginia demolishes UMBC and then has their UMBC-type performance against KSU.  Why would that suddenly make our road to the E8 that much more impressive?

yes

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
This is amazing.

https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/977255509731561472?s=21

It's amazingly disingenuous, sure.

I mean the photo's great, but Mellinger has a classic non-take take

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »
he has a couple of really good paragraphs related to optics and what not

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »
This is amazing.

I'll talk to the junk I want to talk to sys, rusty, clams, trim, grapefruit, etc., but I'll be damned if I'm going to let ku fans use a bully pulpit to tell us that we should have been happy with a coach .500 in conference with one first four win, eff all of that and eff Sam Mellinger, Nate Bukaty and anyone else trying to "I told you so" to this entire fan base. These ku fans felt not the least bit threatened by oscar Weber but now they want to Lord superiority over my people? Nah, I'm not here for it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 03:35:27 PM »
I'm with MIR. And if I have one more ku fan tell me they were cheering for us so help me.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »
Mellinger, for me if oscar makes the F4 then absolutely all his past mistakes are 100% forgiven.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2018, 03:36:23 PM »
he has a couple of really good paragraphs related to optics and what not

That he absolutely helped perpetuate. No one, literally no one in the media pitched a bigger crap fit about "go ask Fran."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »
This is amazing.

I'll talk to the junk I want to talk to sys, rusty, clams, trim, grapefruit, etc., but I'll be damned if I'm going to let ku fans use a bully pulpit to tell us that we should have been happy with a coach .500 in conference with one first four win, eff all of that and eff Sam Mellinger, Nate Bukaty and anyone else trying to "I told you so" to this entire fan base. These ku fans felt not the least bit threatened by oscar Weber but now they want to Lord superiority over my people? Nah, I'm not here for it.

This run doesn't invalidate a single rough ridin' thing I've said about oscar. And neither would a win over Loyola. FWIW.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2018, 03:39:17 PM »
I'm with MIR. And if I have one more ku fan tell me they were cheering for us so help me.

yes, heard a lot of "we cheered for you last night, but we know you'll be cheering for clemson hur hur huring" already.  this was from facebook, i don't ever comment on facebook, or post, and i sure as hell wouldn't post about ku after one of their games, but sure enough they like to start posts after our games with back handed compliments and then make another comment to make it all about them in the end.  so rough ridin' weird

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
This is amazing.

This run doesn't invalidate a single rough ridin' thing I've said about oscar. And neither would a win over Loyola. FWIW.
Okay. 

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »

yes, heard a lot of "we cheered for you last night, but we know you'll be cheering for clemson hur hur huring" already.  this was from facebook, i don't ever comment on facebook, or post, and i sure as hell wouldn't post about ku after one of their games, but sure enough they like to start posts after our games with back handed compliments and then make another comment to make it all about them in the end.  so rough ridin' weird

i don't care who anyone cheers for. cheer for the cats, against the cats, whatever. just don't act like i owe you a damn brownie point for saying you cheered for the Bruceketcats

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »
This is amazing.

Okay. 

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

:comeatme:

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
This is amazing.

I think, I hope, over never thrown my proBruce stance in anyone's face simply because I've been all over the place on it. There isn't a person in the world who can claim some unwavering support, it's been a very uneven tenure, crap, we were dangerously close to losing to UMBC. I would not be surprised even a little bit if we lost 8+ games next year. I'm on board with oscar but I'm not going to act like this has been some smooth ride and I have no worries for the long term future of Kansas State basketball.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2018, 03:53:38 PM »
This is amazing.

I think, I hope, over never thrown my proBruce stance in anyone's face simply because I've been all over the place on it. There isn't a person in the world who can claim some unwavering support, it's been a very uneven tenure, crap, we were dangerously close to losing to UMBC. I would not be surprised even a little bit if we lost 8+ games next year. I'm on board with oscar but I'm not going to act like this has been some smooth ride and I have no worries for the long term future of Kansas State basketball.

This is why MiR is a top five basketball poster^^
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2018, 03:56:15 PM »
who has 2 arms and is going ot the final four?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »

It's like when the dad in Get Out said he would have voted for Obama a 3rd time

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
hey oscar, pretend you are 5 years old holding both your parents hands at the park.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2018, 03:59:42 PM »

It's like when the dad in Get Out said he would have voted for Obama a 3rd time

it is exactly like that

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
 :lol:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
the only person i know who has been 100% ride or die with oscar is Mixed_Nutz

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]