Author Topic: Greatest football coach ku ever had or will have leaves hell hole Lawrence, KS  (Read 16913 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
absolute trainwreck of a hire if tubby was begging.  incredible hire for the basketball program.  seff very pleased

A  >>>>  B

Texas Tech (Tommy Tuberville, former Auburn head coach): B
Props to Tech for landing a high-profile name to help ease the sting of the Leach fiasco. Tuberville's recruiting ability and defensive prowess could help the Red Raiders reach the next level. My one concern: Tubs seems intent on maintaining an "Air Raid" offense, with which he has little experience and will be working with unfamiliar assistants -- much like his downfall at Auburn.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mangino was the guy to take KU football from the depths of D-1 to a solid football program.  However, it was obvious after last season that he would never do any better than the '08 Orange Bowl season.  His refusal to implement a power running attack cost KU multiple football games.  I wish Mangino nothing but the best, but to act like KU can't or won't do better is ridiculous.  I'd imagine plenty of KU fans said the same thing about K-State football back when you guys were the worst D-1 football program in the country.  

Dude, you are such a homer.  I came over to this site and was like, "BMW...  Jayhawk... this guy must be a serious douche."  Then I some of the mods we're like, "hey we know your first name and stuff."  Since I dug the goEMAW style, I was thinking, "well maybe I've got a bad read on this guy."  But over the last couple months I've learned a valuable lesson about trusting my instincts.

What part of my post was so outlandish or controversial?  Please do tell.  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Or could he sell you your own left hand?

I believe Lew has been doing this to most of the boosters for a number of years.

I'm pretty sure KU just won a BCS Bowl and a national title two years ago.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Or could he sell you your own left hand?

I believe Lew has been doing this to most of the boosters for a number of years.

I'm pretty sure KU just won a BCS Bowl and a national title two years ago.

And that coach has been run off by the AD that will probably be fired. 

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
BMW you are a great fan.  I am proud of you. 

I hope you are right and ultimately I am wrong, but EVERYTHING that Gill does reeks of an odd mix of the worst combination of Terry Allen and Ron Prince.  I would give my left arm to have Tuberville or Harbaugh. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Seriously?  Sports Illustrated graded the recent coaching hires, and they gave Gill an 'A.'  The only guy who got a higher grade was Charlie Strong at Louisville.  Gill's got recruiting ties to the Big 12, he has experience rebuilding a football program, and he brought in a hell of a coaching staff.  You guys can look at his record at Buffalo and scoff all you want, but the bottom line is that Buffalo was the worst D-1 football program in the country before he took over.  KU had options, but Gill was the perfect fit.  There simply weren't that many other coaches out there with recruiting ties to the Big 12 and a history of building a football program. who would take the job.

you're welcome

Tuberville was practically begging for the job.  So were multiple other coaches.  Get real, douche.  

Harbaugh laughed himself hoarse at the offer.  I guess Tuberville who was sitting around unemployed was interested.  Though he was likely just trying to get his name mentioned in order to get an offer at a real program.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile

Gill got the same grade as Brian Kelly at Notre Dame.  Like I said, the only coach rated higher was Charlie Strong at Louisville, who got an A+.  Eat crap, haters.

Some guys at the office are really getting a good chuckle out of this.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seriously?  Sports Illustrated graded the recent coaching hires, and they gave Gill an 'A.'  The only guy who got a higher grade was Charlie Strong at Louisville.  Gill's got recruiting ties to the Big 12, he has experience rebuilding a football program, and he brought in a hell of a coaching staff.  You guys can look at his record at Buffalo and scoff all you want, but the bottom line is that Buffalo was the worst D-1 football program in the country before he took over.  KU had options, but Gill was the perfect fit.  There simply weren't that many other coaches out there with recruiting ties to the Big 12 and a history of building a football program.

Some Christian yahoo working for an AD that just got in trouble for scamming tickets is a perfect fit.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
I loved reading th Harbaugh rumors. They were extremely entertaining. Also, lol at KU fans for thinking they had a chance of getting Harbaugh.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
I personally think Gill was a homerun hire. 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Mangino was the guy to take KU football from the depths of D-1 to a solid football program.  However, it was obvious after last season that he would never do any better than the '08 Orange Bowl season.  His refusal to implement a power running attack cost KU multiple football games.  I wish Mangino nothing but the best, but to act like KU can't or won't do better is ridiculous.  I'd imagine plenty of KU fans said the same thing about K-State football back when you guys were the worst D-1 football program in the country. 

Honestly, dude.... How many coaches ever do better than 12-1 in a season?  So what if that's the best he would ever do.

:rolleyes:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Better than 12-1? He could have won his division and played for a conference championship, start with that.  Probably mean more than beating up a perenial overrated vtech team in a meaningless bowl game.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I'm only guessing that's what BMW meant by better.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/19/coaching.reportcard/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

Kansas (Turner Gill, Buffalo head coach): A

The former Nebraska star returns to the Big 12, where he will now go head-to-head with the Huskers. What Gill pulled off at Buffalo -- taking over the worst program in Division I-A, bar none, and leading it to a MAC title three years later -- is one of the most remarkable accomplishments of the past decade. And his ties to the Heartland should help elevate Kansas' recruiting profile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gill got the same grade as Brian Kelly at Notre Dame.  Like I said, the only coach rated higher was Charlie Strong at Louisville, who got an A+.  Eat crap, haters.

Yea, you're quoting the magazine that had the Saints going 7-9 last season and finishing 3rd in the NFC South and had Kansas as their 26th ranked team last preseason... just exactly the source I'd go to for predictions.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ku . . . went from the national assistant coach of the year wearing a national title ring and the national coach of the year . . . to a guy with a losing record who managed to pull out one fluke season in the MAC.   Plus calling Buffalo the worst program in D1 is an extremely relative and highly subjective term given their short D1 history.  Meanwhile ku ignores a guy who has ties all over SEC recruiting territory and arguably should have played for a national title a few years back after going undefeated in the SEC.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ku . . . went from the national assistant coach of the year wearing a national title ring and the national coach of the year . . . to a guy with a losing record who managed to pull out one fluke season in the MAC.   Plus calling Buffalo the worst program in D1 is an extremely relative and highly subjective term given their short D1 history.  Meanwhile ku ignores a guy who has ties all over SEC recruiting territory and arguably should have played for a national title a few years back after going undefeated in the SEC.

Tuberville wasn't the right fit, hater.

yoga-like_abana

Mangino was the guy to take KU football from the depths of D-1 to a solid football program.  However, it was obvious after last season that he would never do any better than the '08 Orange Bowl season.  His refusal to implement a power running attack cost KU multiple football games.  I wish Mangino nothing but the best, but to act like KU can't or won't do better is ridiculous.  I'd imagine plenty of KU fans said the same thing about K-State football back when you guys were the worst D-1 football program in the country. 

Dude, you are such a homer.  I came over to this site and was like, "BMW...  Jayhawk... this guy must be a serious douche."  Then I some of the mods we're like, "hey we know your first name and stuff."  Since I dug the goEMAW style, I was thinking, "well maybe I've got a bad read on this guy."  But over the last couple months I've learned a valuable lesson about trusting my instincts.
what?

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile

Dax is killing it in this thread. 

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Dax is killing it in this thread. 

:surprised: 

Never thought I'd see a KU fan write that phrase.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
absolute trainwreck of a hire if tubby was begging.  incredible hire for the basketball program.  seff very pleased

A  >>>>  B

Props to Tech for landing a high-profile name to help ease the sting of the Leach fiasco. Tuberville's recruiting ability and defensive prowess could help the Red Raiders reach the next level. My one concern: Tubs seems intent on maintaining an "Air Raid" offense, with which he has little experience and will be working with unfamiliar assistants -- much like his downfall at Auburn.

We already went over this, 'Pad.  The Gill hire was a better hire, especially for KU.  Tuberville couldn't even hack it at Auburn... how the hell do you expect him to win at KU? 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile

A  >>>>  B

We already went over this, 'Pad.  The Gill hire was a better hire, especially for KU.  Tuberville couldn't even hack it at Auburn... how the hell do you expect him to win at KU? 
LOL
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He was fired at Auburn, Saul.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He was fired at Auburn, Saul.

I guess 85-40 just wouldn't be acceptable at a powerhouse like KU aka football U.