Author Topic: Okstate Review  (Read 4968 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Okstate Review
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
So we freaking won against a ranked team.  :billdance:

Skylar looked solid, Pringles caught the passes. The defense looked solid in the first half. Then we went ultra conservative as normal. Strickland made an appearance.  We didn't see much Warmack after a fantastic game last week.

As much as I bag on Tanking and Kirby they made some solid plays this game. I hear Parker was playing for DJamer Reed and had only one working arm?

This was the team I've been expecting to come out all year and throw down. Only real issue with the game was some play calling here and there. I think we have a shot to win out as long as Skylar is healthy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: Okstate Review
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:28:29 PM »
Parker made a tackle and his right arm was dangling. Everyt time they showed him his arm would be dangling
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:32:25 PM »
It was right to go conservative. It definitely came later than it typically would have though.

Problem was defense tried to get way more aggressive late when playing conservatively shut osu down most of the game.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:11 PM »
Once again I got crap faced in Stillwater.  But this time we won!  That's all I can contribute at this juncture.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:10:01 AM »

Skylar looked solid, Pringles caught the passes. The defense looked solid in the first half. Then we went ultra conservative as normal. Strickland made an appearance.  We didn't see much Warmack after a fantastic game last week.

As much as I bag on Tanking and Kirby they made some solid plays this game. I hear Parker was playing for DJamer Reed and had only one working arm?

This was the team I've been expecting to come out all year and throw down. Only real issue with the game was some play calling here and there. I think we have a shot to win out as long as Skylar is healthy.

Tanking and Kirby have been good all year, the evidence is there if you want to see it. Tanking is top 5 in the conference in solo tackles and top 10 in total tackles. Kirby is also top 5 in solo tackles and total tackles, he's also top 10 in TFLs.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:31 AM »
I always forget that the OSU game day experience is the worst in the conference until I go there every other year.

For all of the talk of Mason Rudolph, I wasn’t impressed. Maybe just a one game thing, but he looked awful under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 01:12:24 AM »
To be honest, we were a little lucky that Rudolph had an off night.  KSU played well overall, but some inexplicable overthrows and dropped passes helped us out a lot.  Really, if Grier or Mayfield played similarly at key moments we probably win those games as well.

Also, I've said it before but Sky apparently throws a catchable ball. Not sure if that is really a thing, but drops have gone down dramatically ever since he was our QB. Pringle also has, like, almost all his TD catches from Sky I believe.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 01:21:46 AM »
Let's face it, the 2011 Cats had intangibles. That's why they won so many close games on route to 10-2 Reg. season.

2017 didn't need to be that opportunistic as 2011. Just noticably better than they showed. Vandy Texas WV all could have been Wins. 9-2, with still losing home games to OU & Tcu.  They needed to be special to have only had 1 loss. We were far from special.

Offline fightinsnydersksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »
To be honest, we were a little lucky that Rudolph had an off night.  KSU played well overall, but some inexplicable overthrows and dropped passes helped us out a lot.  Really, if Grier or Mayfield played similarly at key moments we probably win those games as well.

Also, I've said it before but Sky apparently throws a catchable ball. Not sure if that is really a thing, but drops have gone down dramatically ever since he was our QB. Pringle also has, like, almost all his TD catches from Sky I believe.

Throwing a catchable ball is definitely a real thing. Watched Flowers (USF) on Friday night and every pass he threw the nose of the football was pointed towards the ground. That's a really hard pass to catch. Delton throws that type of ball too. Sky has an absolute cannon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
The catchable ball thing is real but it's worth noting that when the receivers were having issues dropping balls it was not on those deep post routes that they were catching yesterday. Many of their drops were and continue to be on crossing routes and boundary catches, aka catches in traffic.

Bombs are much easier to catch, no matter who is throwing them.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »
The catchable ball thing is real but it's worth noting that when the receivers were having issues dropping balls it was not on those deep post routes that they were catching yesterday. Many of their drops were and continue to be on crossing routes and boundary catches, aka catches in traffic.

Bombs are much easier to catch, no matter who is throwing them.

Yeah, the KSO guys talked quite a bit about that on their post game podcast.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
So maybe the coaches just have more confidence in Sky to make those kinda throws? I just cannot think of any WTF drops since the TTU game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
So maybe the coaches just have more confidence in Sky to make those kinda throws? I just cannot think of any WTF drops since the TTU game.

No, it's the game plan. WVU plays a unique defense that gives the offense issues, I heard Risner and Warmack say the same thing. We had a couple of drops against WVU and I believe there was one yesterday.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »
I thought Rudolph was a scatter arm.  Missed some open guys

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
2006 Texas-y

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 01:51:43 PM »

Tanking and Kirby have been good all year, the evidence is there if you want to see it. Tanking is top 5 in the conference in solo tackles and top 10 in total tackles. Kirby is also top 5 in solo tackles and total tackles, he's also top 10 in TFLs.

The problem with tanking and kirby in our fans mind is that they are white.

Tanking has been increds this season. Kirby was awesome yesterday.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »
I thought Rudolph was a scatter arm.  Missed some open guys

i particularly enjoyed his last overthrow where he lost his team the game and then we all partied our asses off like kstate football was fun again
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:18:34 PM by pvegs »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 03:57:06 PM »

I think there are a very small minority who constantly criticize those two without ever giving a reason. I do agree with you that with these people race is the predominant factor, they always call Kirby and Tanking slow.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »

I think there are a very small minority who constantly criticize those two without ever giving a reason. I do agree with you that with these people race is the predominant factor, they always call Kirby and Tanking slow.

The preferred nomenclature is "deceptive speed"

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
No, it's "fundamentally sound". In basketball it's called "court awareness". Black players get the usual "raw athleticism" or something similarly offensive.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
They both are not good open field tacklers at times.  Really bad at times.   However yesterday they were good.  Very solid games.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »
I think Tanking is slow.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »

The problem with tanking and kirby in our fans GoE's mind is that they are white.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
I haven't noticed tanking too much either positively or negatively, but Kirby is routinely a step behind.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 09:02:12 AM »
can someone explain why we handed the ball off on the last possession instead of kneeling it out?