Author Topic: offense me  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: offense me
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
The offense has to score more points than the defense allows, that's all.

I think the real concern this year is how many points will the defense allow? Defend me

I think you're forgetting Sean Snyd's special teams.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »
Makes the offense even less important
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 03:19:32 PM »
was our offense any good last year? 
ford keys to the thread-
-ranked 83rd nationally :Yuck:
-5.74 ypp  :blank:
-388.3 ypg  :cry:
-49 offensive td's  :frown:

i guess if the 2nd half of the Missouri St game doesn't get cancelled maybe we score a couple more td's?

how do we get better this year (significantly)?

Don't know who Ford is nor do I care.  The only stat that really matters in offensive production is points per drive.  Some of these spread offenses are super cool and sexy throwing 100 passes a game and winning foot races between the 20s....but all that matters - efficiency. 

Yes, this will be a demon of an offense.  It was the final 6 games of the season last year.  And we're adding a few new shiny toys of delicious playmaking.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »
Going in to next year we will have a pretty efficient offense (ranked #3 in the conference and #34 overall) and defense (#3 in Big 12, #51 overall)

2016 Recap

2017 Preview

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
ford keys to the thread-

i guess if the 2nd half of the Missouri St game doesn't get cancelled maybe we score a couple more td's?

Don't know who Ford is nor do I care.  The only stat that really matters in offensive production is points per drive.  Some of these spread offenses are super cool and sexy throwing 100 passes a game and winning foot races between the 20s....but all that matters - efficiency. 

Yes, this will be a demon of an offense.  It was the final 6 games of the season last year.  And we're adding a few new shiny toys of delicious playmaking.
It is going to be fun.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »
yes, also barnes was on track for a stupid number of ypc until he was snyded. this should be our best offense since bill 2.0

I highly doubt this will be our best offense. A good one, sure, but not better than 2012 or 2014.

Yeah, unless we somehow let Ertz open things up through the air, but that seems pretty unlikely to me given last year's success with playing it more conservatively. '12 offense was great. I don't see this year's being to that level. '14...maybe, that seems attainable.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
Question - how overrated are our running backs?

I think they are very good.

Silmon filled in nicely after Barnes went out and everything we've heard about McCoy is that he will be tough to keep off the field.

Barnes ought to be the #1 but backups of Silmon/McCoy are very solid.

A full season of Barnes might be 1st Team All-Confy.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »

Silmon filled in nicely after Barnes went out and everything we've heard about McCoy is that he will be tough to keep off the field.

If Barnes is 1st team all conference I think that means we're playing in the conference title game. Without Forman, Perine, and Mixon, the all conference RB race should be up in the air. Justin Crawford from WVU is the top returner in terms of '16 rushing yds.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »

If Barnes is 1st team all conference I think that means we're playing in the conference title game. Without Forman, Perine, and Mixon, the all conference RB race should be up in the air. Justin Crawford from WVU is the top returner in terms of '16 rushing yds.
Agreed, if we have a RB on the all conference first team, we had a really nice year.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Somebody tell me why McCoy will contribute significantly this year.

Somebody tell me why McCoy won't contribute significantly this year.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »
ford keys to the thread-

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »
what's your thoughts?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »
Somebody tell me why McCoy will contribute significantly this year. --- Clearly talented enough to do so.

Somebody tell me why McCoy won't contribute significantly this year. ---- Backfield is too crowded. Most fans are going to want Silmon's carries be McCoy's carries by the end of the season, I think.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 01:16:22 AM »

I'm prettysure that this is analogous to (*spoiler alert*) that video where people are passing basketballs all over the place and a gorilla (unbeknownst to most viewers, who are supposed to be tracking a particular basketball or something) walks across the screen.

Well...nice try.  This effing guy doesn't have a logo on his cap, which is far more odd than either key to the game.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
Somebody tell me why McCoy will contribute significantly this year. --- Clearly talented enough to do so.

Somebody tell me why McCoy won't contribute significantly this year. ---- Backfield is too crowded. Most fans are going to want Silmon's carries be McCoy's carries by the end of the season, I think.

Will Bill be willing to give McCoy more of Silmon's carries?